You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
- Speravi said I love the “deacon is a deacon is a deacon...
- ReginaMarie said Diakonissa is a Greek title of honor used to refer...
- robtbrown said billy says: The problem with having all meatless d...
- OrthodoxChick said This is a timely post. I have a dead mothership l...
- jbas said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes; it’s probably of...
- jbas said I don’t see how the term itself is offensive...
- VexillaRegis said The more languages you know, the richer you are!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two quick questions: Wasn’t St. Francis of A...
- Tom in NY said @Imrahil: I was able to take three languages in hi...
- Fr Martin Fox said I had never heard of anything like this, nor of de...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Why all the resistance to fasting and its traditio...
- Amerikaner said I think some confusion over permanent deacons and...
- Priam1184 said Excellent Father. Thank you.
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
- AA Cunningham said “According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1...
- Bosco said Deaconite? Time to turn off the night light and ta...
- Martial Artist said Fathers (Z and Martin Fox), I am forced by conscie...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, most universities required at least t...
- Jeannie_C said One of your best posts ever, Fr. Z. Thank you!
- VexillaRegis said Billy: Watch out for Fr. Z’s secret identica...
- wmeyer said Father, while you are at it, do make certain that...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Archbp. Lefebvre
Under another entry a reader reminded us that on this day in 1991 Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre died.
I learned of his death in an interesting way. I was that morning opening up our office (the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“) because I … Continue reading
I am going to keep the combox on moderation.
A site HERE is reporting rumor that…
I have been informed of an upcoming clandestine meeting of clerics who were recently expelled from the FSSPX. These priests were invited to leave the Society after … Continue reading
Translators “often” accidently leave things out. This time the lacuna concerns the SSPX and the Novus Ordo.
Translation can be hard. Even when it isn’t, translators are sometimes rushed or tired. However, it is good to pay attention to get all the words, especially those pesky little words that can change completely the sense of a sentence.
There … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
Twenty years ago today, I was into the office rather early. The “office” I am talking about are the offices of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” on the ground floor of the Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio.
Being the first one in, I … Continue reading
Because of the good progress of the last few years with the SSPX, His Holiness has now taken the next, logical step.
Pope Benedict has now implemented what he said he would do concerning the ad hoc Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei". … Continue reading