When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- The Cobbler said I thought Tolkien invented several of his own time...
- Martial Artist said Perhaps the most noteworthy is that they do the sh...
- chantgirl said For those advocating that the Church get out of th...
- yatzer said I’m ready…I think
- Diane said Have you read “The Harbinger”? Very
- UncleBlobb said Bring it!
- GrumpyYoungMan said I love how calm these guys look – chewing gu...
- HyacinthClare said I’m laughing out loud over a pile of tax ret...
- deaconjeff said One of the few perks of being Permanente Deacon li...
- Mike said I grew up down the street from a Naval Air Base...
- vandalia said Why do we need the RFRA? The ATF does not investig...
- Chon said iPadre is right. Why should the Catholic Church do...
- Rushintuit said I still can’t believe that Father Hunwicke i...
- Grateful to be Catholic said LCWR cosmonauts. LOL. But seriously, folks, was t...
- Kathleen10 said I’m pretty sure I suffer the same level of G...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said Did your astronaut career end when you upset the L...
- Fr Martin Fox said I have had mostly good experiences with this. In m...
- SKAY said Could a florist choose to only provide flowers to...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said Washing the feet of women is the least of the prob...
- Robert Doody said One of the main problems is that our Church leader...
- stillkickin said Just went to Amazon and the kindle version of R...
- LarryW2LJ said At the risk of sounding simplistic, all I will say...
- Catholic Student-at-Law said And at the end of Palm Sunday mass our otherwise e...
- Matthew P. Schneider, LC said Some other valuable points to be done at this time...
- ctln said I wanted to share a fascinating reflection from Ma...
- Giuseppe said In high school one year, we prayed for the members...
- Gregg the Obscure said Sumer is ycumen in Lhude sing cuccu Groweþ seede...
- Adam Welp said Should read “Will the opponents come out and...
- Adam Welp said I have a slightly off topic but still valid questi...
- pannw said govmatt, I disagree strongly. Your plan of attack...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Blood Moon, the End of the World, and You
- Very Cool Blue Angels Video
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday of Holy Week
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Archbp. Müller
There is a fear among some people with whom I converse that Pope Francis might undercut Roman curial congregations and devolve authority to regional conferences of bishops.
I am all for subsidiarity. That said, some things just don’t work well at … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law – which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany.
You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese of … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli:
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Gerhard Müller, has written a letter asking for the withdrawal and revision of the proposal to allow remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments
When the document made headlines across … Continue reading
In tomorrow’s edition of L’Osservatore Romano there is a long essay (4000+ words) by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Müller, on the hotly-debate issue of Communion for the divorced and remarried. (I haven’t checked it … Continue reading
You, like I, have been hearing a lot these days about a Church of “the poor” and a rehabilitation of Liberation Theology. This has caused concern for some who are doctrinally coherent and orthodox and elation for liberals.
The following article … Continue reading
I just finished reading a new book by Paul Vallely called Pope Francis: Untying the Knots. I am glad I read it on my Kindle so that I don’t have to have it on my shelf.
There are some helpful explorations … Continue reading
A couple things popped up on the screen today.
First, Pope Francis has finally named a Secretary of State: Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Apostolic Nuncio to Venezuela. He starts on 15 October 2013.
Also, the Holy Father assigned Spanish-born Fr. Fernando Vergez, LC, … Continue reading
In The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet) I spotted something sure to irritate feminists:
No need for deaconesses: Müller
4 July 2013
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has questioned the notion that a special office could … Continue reading