Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- Nathan said We were out of town this weekend, and went to High...
- robtbrown said Bob B. says: I was an Army brat and the only time...
- incredulous said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw Here...
- Netmilsmom said The EF is beautiful, but I have a convert husband...
- incredulous said @TWF, the Church didn’t condemn the Christer...
- Mariana2 said ““luxury” seafood” What is luxury has...
- PhilipNeri said The Devil whispers, “Sign over your eternal inheri...
- Kevin said Men can do whatever they like with their laws and...
- scribbly said Whilst I was in Papua New Guinea, the Rector of ou...
- Chon said I should have said, “…arrange for expe...
- mburn16 said “We should band together and form and join a...
- Enoch the Sleestak said truthfinder wrote: “I don’t know if it stil...
- Chon said StnyPtGuy said: “If I heard correctly, Abp....
- Chon said Bea, I used to feel the same way, and prayed and p...
- defreitas said Now Brother Thoma… The question is, if one o...
- Bob B. said I don’t understand the people that are so qu...
- Bea said How beautiful. Had a good long cry over what we ar...
- TWF said incredulous: Was King George worse than the pagan...
- dholwell said The Brigittine fudge link is down. Did Fr. Z̵...
- Vecchio di Londra said Just looking at this from the gator’s point...
- Elizium23 said Too bad embedded images are not permitted here. Le...
- jfk03 said In the Byzantine tradition, the first Sunday in Le...
- eiggam said As the sarcastic locked the church at 8pm tonight,...
- RafqasRoad said MBurn16 who commented at #51, You are the first h...
- Michael_Thoma said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- pannw said That the devil is out there searching for us to te...
- Kindspirit said I guess if you think the Church is a museum piece...
- majuscule said Wonderful! And this from San Francisco: The Tradit...
- Sonshine135 said Father had a great homily and spoke about Satan. T...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Archbp. Müller
There is a fear among some people with whom I converse that Pope Francis might undercut Roman curial congregations and devolve authority to regional conferences of bishops.
I am all for subsidiarity. That said, some things just don’t work well at … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law - which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany.
You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese of … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli:
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Gerhard Müller, has written a letter asking for the withdrawal and revision of the proposal to allow remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments
When the document made headlines across … Continue reading
In tomorrow’s edition of L’Osservatore Romano there is a long essay (4000+ words) by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Müller, on the hotly-debate issue of Communion for the divorced and remarried. (I haven’t checked it … Continue reading
You, like I, have been hearing a lot these days about a Church of “the poor” and a rehabilitation of Liberation Theology. This has caused concern for some who are doctrinally coherent and orthodox and elation for liberals.
The following article … Continue reading
I just finished reading a new book by Paul Vallely called Pope Francis: Untying the Knots. I am glad I read it on my Kindle so that I don’t have to have it on my shelf.
There are some helpful explorations … Continue reading
A couple things popped up on the screen today.
First, Pope Francis has finally named a Secretary of State: Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Apostolic Nuncio to Venezuela. He starts on 15 October 2013.
Also, the Holy Father assigned Spanish-born Fr. Fernando Vergez, LC, … Continue reading
In The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet) I spotted something sure to irritate feminists:
No need for deaconesses: Müller
4 July 2013
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has questioned the notion that a special office could … Continue reading