Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Wiktor said Strong words on how evil often appears to be nice...
- acardnal said Polycarpio, for clarification, it’s worth no...
- AuroraChristina said From the best preaching I ever heard: “Satan...
- Elizabeth D said As Fr Z would say… go to confession :-)
- Elizabeth D said When Jesus told the Apostles they need a money bag...
- midwestmom said Our parish priest wore shorts, plaid shirt and san...
- lmo1968 said I have been a recipient of true charity+solidarity...
- acardnal said I lost some respect for Tracey Rowland when she ma...
- SKAY said http://www.libertynews.com/2014/07/illegal-alien-m...
- danidunn said And a priest, who chanced to be going down by the...
- msc said Supertradmum: I think it’s unfair to charact...
- Hold the Applause | The American Catholic said [...] here to read the rest. One of most tragic a...
- danidunn said Missed an I. Should have been Leo XIII.
- Mike said “As Dr. Tracey Rowland argued at the 2013 Sa...
- danidunn said Leo XII has been an eye opener for me: Private o...
- danidunn said It was the 7th Sunday after Pentecost and the day...
- eulogos said There are plenty of churches where they will be ha...
- eulogos said By the way, if you as a parent traveling without t...
- Former Altar Boy said Applauding the guitar-tambourine-electric piano ...
- eulogos said I lifted my camera to take a picture of the small...
- Mike said It seems unlikely that the visible and unapologeti...
- Supertradmum said Simon_GNR. Everything changed after 9/11. I was o...
- jacobi said Yes, the Great European War 1914- 1945 in which Ch...
- Supertradmum said Over the past seventy years, the Church has become...
- Uxixu said Perhaps you should read St Augustine again, Elizab...
- APX said Sorry Rancid. My bad. It makes so much sense now w...
- Elizabeth D said I am for voluntarily not arming oneself, and teach...
- Traductora said Strange photo. What is this, the Episcopalians hav...
- Kathleen10 said To see clergy in a cassock is electrifying, especi...
- Simon_GNR said I’ve twice entered the U.S.A. over the land...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Archbp. Müller
There is a fear among some people with whom I converse that Pope Francis might undercut Roman curial congregations and devolve authority to regional conferences of bishops.
I am all for subsidiarity. That said, some things just don’t work well at … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law - which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany.
You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese of … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli:
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Gerhard Müller, has written a letter asking for the withdrawal and revision of the proposal to allow remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments
When the document made headlines across … Continue reading
In tomorrow’s edition of L’Osservatore Romano there is a long essay (4000+ words) by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Müller, on the hotly-debate issue of Communion for the divorced and remarried. (I haven’t checked it … Continue reading
You, like I, have been hearing a lot these days about a Church of “the poor” and a rehabilitation of Liberation Theology. This has caused concern for some who are doctrinally coherent and orthodox and elation for liberals.
The following article … Continue reading
I just finished reading a new book by Paul Vallely called Pope Francis: Untying the Knots. I am glad I read it on my Kindle so that I don’t have to have it on my shelf.
There are some helpful explorations … Continue reading
A couple things popped up on the screen today.
First, Pope Francis has finally named a Secretary of State: Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Apostolic Nuncio to Venezuela. He starts on 15 October 2013.
Also, the Holy Father assigned Spanish-born Fr. Fernando Vergez, LC, … Continue reading
In The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet) I spotted something sure to irritate feminists:
No need for deaconesses: Müller
4 July 2013
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has questioned the notion that a special office could … Continue reading