Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- HighMass said P.S. MOST of the Mass (Fathers Parts were Chanted)...
- HighMass said Michaelus says: Michaelus speaking of Portland, Or...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- Urs said BTW… These were UNDOCUMENTED immigrants̷...
- AVL said I had never heard of Tenebrae until now, so I look...
- Julian Barkin said “Msgr. Rudolph Bandas has been a peritus at...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said excalibur: You are welcome.
- AV8R61 said My wife is Romanian and she makes Easter eggs colo...
- amsjj1002 said What a beautiful day that was! I’ve known...
- UncleBlobb said Thank you very much for all these LentcaZts, Fathe...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said “And one more thing.”–Lt. Columb...
- excalibur said I found a great pastrami sandwich …. So that...
- Charles E Flynn said How Dante Saved My Life: A midlife crisis is cured...
- Bea said Ah, masked chicken, I know how you feel. Since all...
- Michaelus said I will never forget it. I was on vacation in Port...
- pannw said I wish we could all have a huge party so I could t...
- acardnal said I am so grateful to Pope Benedict XVI for what he...
- Maria said I often thank God how bless I am for having known...
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
- Kathleen10 said I can only speak for me. I would feel absolutely...
- Gratias said Hopefully more bishops will imitate Bp. Sigismondi...
- Gratias said Happy Easter Holy Father Emeritus. We had your wis...
- Mike said “I hardly needed the plane to fly to my next...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Archbp. Müller
There is a fear among some people with whom I converse that Pope Francis might undercut Roman curial congregations and devolve authority to regional conferences of bishops.
I am all for subsidiarity. That said, some things just don’t work well at … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law - which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany.
You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese of … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli:
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Gerhard Müller, has written a letter asking for the withdrawal and revision of the proposal to allow remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments
When the document made headlines across … Continue reading
In tomorrow’s edition of L’Osservatore Romano there is a long essay (4000+ words) by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Müller, on the hotly-debate issue of Communion for the divorced and remarried. (I haven’t checked it … Continue reading
You, like I, have been hearing a lot these days about a Church of “the poor” and a rehabilitation of Liberation Theology. This has caused concern for some who are doctrinally coherent and orthodox and elation for liberals.
The following article … Continue reading
I just finished reading a new book by Paul Vallely called Pope Francis: Untying the Knots. I am glad I read it on my Kindle so that I don’t have to have it on my shelf.
There are some helpful explorations … Continue reading
A couple things popped up on the screen today.
First, Pope Francis has finally named a Secretary of State: Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Apostolic Nuncio to Venezuela. He starts on 15 October 2013.
Also, the Holy Father assigned Spanish-born Fr. Fernando Vergez, LC, … Continue reading
In The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet) I spotted something sure to irritate feminists:
No need for deaconesses: Müller
4 July 2013
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has questioned the notion that a special office could … Continue reading