Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Gregg the Obscure said This seems to me to be one of the finest of all po...
- ckdexterhaven said SPICES Simplicity: you mean like calling it ‘...
- SKAY said Wonderful idea Father Z.
- SKAY said ckdexterhaven — Exactly what I was thinking....
- Supertradmum said Bosco, you do not understand or have not followed...
- cregduff said Father, If you gain the permission, please put the...
- frjim4321 said Thanks for the valuable post, but … isn̵...
- Gerard Plourde said Despite the fancy language on the menu, as a Quake...
- robtbrown said He has a grandson who is a priest
- Grateful to be Catholic said I do occasionally write to bishops: short, concise...
- majuscule said I sent an entry to the Council for Culture after t...
- The Masked Chicken said Since this is an astronomy-themed post, I would ju...
- blessedtolivenow said We use a pamphlet from The Knights of Columbus tha...
- Marissa said 4. There’s nothing like reading patristics to teac...
- Marissa said (Like pretty much all sin) Burning, looting, and r...
- Marissa said Garlic Haricot Verts Dang, it’s so fancy, th...
- anna 6 said Paglia: “However, I am somewhat baffled by t...
- blessedtolivenow said Just this week I found “The Prayer Book̶...
- Gerard Plourde said In my experience permanently ereceted Stations of...
- JesusFreak84 said St. Thomas Aquinas addresses the idea of forgiving...
- JesusFreak84 said I have the Stations of the Cross book put out by A...
- truthfinder said Thanks Boniface – I assume it’s also w...
- ckdexterhaven said This is what is being served at Sidwell Friends to...
- Midwest St. Michael said I love this prayer, too. Pray it every morning bef...
- Boniface said truthfinder, the Enchiridion of Indulgences says o...
- truthfinder said I love this prayer, and it is in my old “Key...
- Priam1184 said My 1962 Missal (Baronius Press) states that this p...
- Marissa said I sent an e-mail requesting them to take it down.
- HeatherPA said Just another day in the Papacy of Mercy. St. Franc...
- jhayes said Fr. Z commented Whoa… hang on. Don’t connect the t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Archbp. Nichols
As you know, the Archbishop of Westminster put an end to the infamous homosexual “Soho Masses”. There is little question that Rome was involved in the decision. But don’t be distracted by that and miss the more important point.
The Tablet … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Herald, we read some doubly-good news.
Archbishop Nichols ends ‘Soho Masses’ after six years
By MARK GREAVES
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has announced that Masses in Soho organised for gay people are to end.
He … Continue reading
Fr. Finigan at his fine blog, The Hermeneutic of Continuity, has a piece today about something Card. Kasper told Anglicans at Lambeth in 2006 as the then-President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
Here is an excerpt:
It [viz. the ordination … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog:
The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting:
We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who want a … Continue reading
Today in Westminster Cathedral in London, His Grace Archbishop Vicent Nichols consecrated a new auxiliary bishop, Most Rev. John Sherrington. Archbp. Nichols sermon is online. Pretty good. Give it a listen. You can got to the … Continue reading
A friend over a the excellent The Sensible Bond has been asking some questions about a conference to take place at Colney All Saints Pastoral Centre in London. Here is his latest lament:
At least according to the publicity, London … Continue reading
From Zenit with my emphases and comments.
Archbishop Nichols on Priests and the Mass
“We Don Vestments to Minimize Our Personal Preferences”
LONDON, JUNE 25, 2011 (Zenit.org).- Here is the text of a homily given by Archbishop Vincent Nichols at the Diocese of … Continue reading
I have been watching Twitter about Universae Ecclesiae. Anna Arco, the persistent feature writer of the UK’s best Catholic Weekly (full disclosure – they print my stuff each week), quotes the reaction of His Excellency Most Rev. Vincent Nichols, Archbishop … Continue reading
I found this on the site of The Catholic Herald:
A Statement from Archbishop Vincent Nichols
President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
THE ORDINATION TO THE CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD OF THREE FORMER ANGLICAN BISHOPS AND THE ESTABLISHMENT IN ENGLAND AND … Continue reading