"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Elizabeth D said Bishop Morlino talked about the sheep and the goat...
- MrsMacD said …It’s really simple. We’re like...
- alanphipps said Sounds like a good choice. Friends don’t let...
- govmatt said This is clearly a savvy move on the part of Pope F...
- TNCath said Hmmmm. Sounds like Pope Francis might be playing...
- cpttom said Wow! I think prayers of thanksgiving are in order...
- Traductora said Sounds positive! According to one account, he had...
- Elizabeth D said Fairly brilliant choice.
- JenniO said I was worried about this. What a relief! We dodg...
- CradleRevert said Given some of the rumors that were floating around...
- robtbrown said I also have to wonder whether the pope has now rea...
- mamajen said Is this the position that the “wrong Marini&...
- Jim of Bowie said Thanks be to God. Many were predicting Pietro Mari...
- robtbrown said So much for the Abp Marini to SCDW rumors (and fea...
- NonAngelusSedAnglus said He sounds like a good egg – and by all accou...
- JBS said Spade, We should listen to them, they just “...
- bposullivan said So, Cardinal Sarah isn’t exactly a left-wing...
- Spade said So, guess we are supposed to listen to Africa afte...
- Qwikness said All these sex abusers are homosexual. I’m st...
- jflare said “Also, I see the demotion of Card. Burke not...
- incredulous said As stated, Fr. Fishwick started this mass under Ar...
- Charles E Flynn said @majuscule: Correct (bottom of the page): http://p...
- Dutchman said Tonight St. Hugh in Coral Gables is celebrating it...
- Religion and Law round-up – 23rd November | Law & Religion UK said [...] Z’s Parisian reflections “Yeu arr teki...
- Gratias said The Vetus Ordo should be viewed as an inculturati...
- majuscule said How about: “Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah st...
- Joe in Canada said And let us pray for Mr Bean, that he come to know...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said My copy is sitting on my wife’s nightstand....
- oldcanon2257 said excalibur says: Meanwhile, there apperas to be a...
- truthfinder said The curia needs to be reformed, but this just soun...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Archbp. Nienstedt
The other day I wrote about how Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis delivered tough love about homosexual unions and that the deception in the same-sex marriage argument is from Satan.
He is right.
Nienstedt is being viciously attacked in … Continue reading
On the site of Legatus Magazine you can read the text of a talk given this year’s Napa Institute by His Excellency Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis. He spoke about the family as the foundation of … Continue reading
I confess that I am a little shocked.
His Excellency Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and (of my hometown) Minneapolis has entrust a parish that was to close to the FSSP!
Brick by brick! Parish by parish.
Here is Archbp. … Continue reading
The StarTribune, liberal paper of my native place, has – again – published something by one of the dumbest priests I know of in the larger public’s eye.
He actually suggests to Archbp. Nienstedt that he step down!
As a priest of … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage.
The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term from … Continue reading
My fellow Minnesotans will have the opportunity on election day this November to vote in favor of an amendment to the Minnesota state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Minnesota is ground-zero for … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts.
They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution of … Continue reading