- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Mr. Green said Vecchio di Londra: Matthew 6:7
- Hughie said There are nun so blind…
- danhorse said Love the Fra Lippi painting. Both Jesus and Our La...
- NoraLee9 said I am just floored. The readers have outdone them...
- HighMass said liquidpaw…. You hit the nail on the head! I...
- gracie said I’m at the Met a lot in order to familiarize...
- NoraLee9 said When I saw the borscht juxtaposed with the Chinese...
- Tradster said “We have met the Enemy, and he is us.”
- Jim Dorchak said Please can we bring back the inquisition?
- mamajen said Vecchio, Pope Francis doesn’t want us showin...
- Elizabeth D said I had the opposite problem. I’m never trying...
- Charles E Flynn said The cartoon will not fit on a mug. Perhaps it is t...
- Flavius Hesychius said Catching Fire: One Group’s Journey to Hell
- MacBride said I do not understand German, but from what I make o...
- Vecchio di Londra said Sorry: I meant to write “the fixed, intent g...
- Vecchio di Londra said I agree, they’re strikingly similar. By cont...
- MAJ Tony said Ach, meine augn! Meine augn! Meiiiiiiiiiine auuuu...
- JARay said Yes Cafea Fruor, I noticed the one in the surplice...
- mis3gal said This reminds me of the time my 11 year old daughte...
- JARay said Years ago I read a most amusing book called “...
- Priam1184 said You’re right Father the eyes could be almost...
- Vecchio di Londra said No, I don’t know either what he meant, but s...
- Glennonite said My priest was a fantastic confessor for me when I...
- MaryL said Confession is a time of humility for us to kneel d...
- Vecchio di Londra said PS This was longer ago than I thought. I looked it...
- Katylamb said Vecchio di Londra: I don’t know what his rem...
- Ben Kenobi said “A stole worthy of Saruman!” @Timbot20...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said I wholly concur with the idea that priests should...
- Ben Kenobi said ” because they have found a more mature way...
- iPadre said “Nuns Gone Wild” “National Lampo...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Archbp. Nienstedt
The other day I wrote about how Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis delivered tough love about homosexual unions and that the deception in the same-sex marriage argument is from Satan.
He is right.
Nienstedt is being viciously attacked in … Continue reading
On the site of Legatus Magazine you can read the text of a talk given this year’s Napa Institute by His Excellency Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis. He spoke about the family as the foundation of … Continue reading
I confess that I am a little shocked.
His Excellency Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and (of my hometown) Minneapolis has entrust a parish that was to close to the FSSP!
Brick by brick! Parish by parish.
Here is Archbp. … Continue reading
The StarTribune, liberal paper of my native place, has – again – published something by one of the dumbest priests I know of in the larger public’s eye.
He actually suggests to Archbp. Nienstedt that he step down!
As a priest of … Continue reading
Minnesota is ground zero right now for defense of true marriage.
The Church and right thinking people (in the matter of marriage) have a steep hill to ascend. The mainstream media is in control of the “topics” (a technical term from … Continue reading
My fellow Minnesotans will have the opportunity on election day this November to vote in favor of an amendment to the Minnesota state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Minnesota is ground-zero for … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts.
They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution of … Continue reading