Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jameeka said OK, this is not urgent ( I guess), but…please pray...
- excalibur said Petition to His Holiness on the Synod. http://fili...
- vandalia said The GOP has less interest in repealing abortion th...
- Gail F said Give me a break. Right now only ONE party does not...
- BenFischer said I agree with Andrew. The Republican party takes pr...
- ad Deum said Saint Cecelia schola/choir of Saint John Cantius i...
- Suburbanbanshee said Killing an enemy, done in such a way that it’...
- JARay said Now I am one of those who grew up with everything...
- Charles E Flynn said People who call for the elimination of OSHA tend...
- Johnno said Hope that someday he puts out an artbook. I’
- robtbrown said I found it amusing that there were people who were...
- Johnno said Americans live under a 2-party tyranny. Democracy...
- ACatholicGuy said I’ve never fully understood the liberal idea...
- Rachel K said Any mention of Ushaw always makes my heart sink as...
- frjim4321 said = “… stunningly beautiful churchR...
- frjim4321 said I was confused for a minute thinking this was the...
- Matt Robare said The Latin Mass Society of Boston College is trying...
- Venerator Sti Lot said This got me wondering about liturgical commemorati...
- mburn16 said Isn’t there something in church teaching tha...
- TawdryPenitent said From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Part II...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A lot of interesting detail here!: http://www.hymn...
- St. Rafael said Sword40, Waterboarding is torture. That is why tho...
- Andrew Saucci said “Even so, the GOP remains the only viable po...
- Rob22 said Fortunately more and more are calling the Pope out...
- Sword40 said Back in the mid-’60’s, when I was in t...
- Joe in Canada said Why get into a debate at all about torture or wate...
- Rich Leonardi said FWIW, these broken-bottle tactics are used by all...
- Ben Yanke said Information also here: https://www.facebook.com/ev...
- Rob22 said I think indeed those invested in the Traditional M...
- ckdexterhaven said I think the water boarding thing drove some libera...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Septuagesima – Burying the Alleluia
- “Who says Catholic Social Teaching requires us to follow the policy prescriptions of the hard left?”
- Brick by Brick: Another parish implements Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- MADISON, WI – 2 Feb – CANDLEMAS – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Archbp. Sample
What did I write the other day?
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a … Continue reading
“When Summorum Pontificum came out, and the Holy Father said this is one of the forms of the Latin Rite, the Extraordinary Form, I said ‘I’m a bishop of the Church, I must know this rite!’ And I encourage my … Continue reading
From the Oregonian:
Portland Archdiocese joins anti-gay marriage effort; lay group plans Ash Wednesday action
Since Pope Francis began his reign as the head of the Catholic Church a year ago, he’s sounded a more welcoming tone toward gays. [Their effort to … Continue reading
At the Brigittine Priory of Our Lady of Consolation in Amity, Oregon, His Excellency Most Reverend Alexander Sample, Archbishop of Portland, celebrated Holy Mass in the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite, a Pontifical Mass at the Throne.
It will not … Continue reading
During the Cultural Revolution in China (1966-1976 – the time when the greatest damage was being done in the name of the Spirit of Vatican II) people were bullied into rejection of the sì jiù, the Four “Olds”: Old Customs, Old Culture, … Continue reading
Over the last couple days I attended a Canon Law and Civil Law Conference at the beautiful Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the Diocese of LaCrosse. A great setting for a great conference.
Alas, the Shrine is in a … Continue reading
Archbishop Viganò just read the letter of Pope Benedict XVI from last January to Archbishop Alexander Sample, now being installed in Portland.
There is a live stream.
Here is a great screen capture.
A mitre (a little odd), a cardinal’s biretta, a priest’s … Continue reading
My old friend now-Archbishop Alex Sample, before his translation to Portland, issued a Pastoral Letter on Sacred Music for the Diocese of Marquette. It is called “Rejoice in the Lord” and it is a hit.
First, remember his spectacular sermon about … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Alexander Sample, the next Archbishop of Portland, was interviewed by The Oregonian. They didn’t lob him softballs.
After an introductory paragraph or two in which they tee the reader up with the news that he is a … Continue reading
My old friend, Most Rev. Alexander Sample, formerly Bishop of Marquette, has been appointed Archbishop of Portland!
Congratulations to the people of Portland
Vatican City, 29 January 2013 (VIS) – Today, the Holy Father appointed Bishop Alexander King Sample as archbishop of … Continue reading