Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I need to redownload the scriptural way of the cross. There are a few apps available. I like the one Via Crucis. I just wish it came with an audio. I tried the papal one...
- carndt: Please edify me on Holy Thursday&a mp;Good Friday. When I was young( pre-VII): – there was not feet washing of anyone. Last night there was feet washing of laity, 12 individual s. One...
- Imrahil: (Except, I guess, for the latter – which I intended to delete from the comment, but there goes.)
- Imrahil: Anyway, what about the apple (or for that matter orange) juice? Or the skim-milk of the Wisconseni ans (what̵ 7;s the word for them?)? They might be borderline cases, especially with...
- Mariana2: Should have read: my Lutheran husband 217;s apple juice.
- Mariana2: I looked rather longingly on my husband 217;s apple juice today̷ 0;
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Whe n the years shall draw nigh Thou shalt be known: when the time shall come, Thou shalt be manifested . When my soul shall be in trouble, Thou wilt remem...
- Imrahil: Well, what about the cappuccino ? It looks to me like a quite good example of a morning allowance. One. With nothing else. Okay, maybe one abbraccio or pan di stelle or the like. Just one....
- pbnelson: Okay, coffee with a small amount of milk is okay, got it. What about cappuccino s? i.e. 1.5 ounces of espresso with 3 ounces of milk? And three of them? To be completely honest, my idea...
- SKAY: Thank you JonPatrick
- Suburbanbanshee: Interestin g optical effect. Because the vestments match the altarcloth , the clergy sometimes look like they are literally one with the altar and the actions of the liturgy.
- sallyr: How beautiful and how profoundly sad. The wooden choir stalls must all be gone. Those in attendance were the last to see this noble, orderly and peaceful cathedral.
- Julia_Augusta: In Japan, fast/ab is very easy. Portions of food are tiny to begin with. Friday fast/ab: miso soup for breakfast, very small rice ball (onigiri) for lunch and dinner is sushi/s...
- SanSan: Beautiful Father Z.
- Blackfriar: Just a little something to add: it is not known by many is that Holy Saturday – up until the time of the Easter Vigil – is also a day of fast in the Latin Church –...
- Gab: The vestments are stunning! And seeing the material worn and not close up (as in your original photos, Father), there is more white than blue.
- Gab: Beautiful Stations of the Cross today using the Bl. John Henry Newman Meditation s (for obvious reason) and lead by an amazing Bishop Emertius, whose homily at the 3pm Commemorat ion of the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: And for the guy out there who thought that these didn’ ;t have enough red in them, because – according to him – Easter has to have red and these are too blue...
- JonPatrick: A translatio n of HvonBlumen thal’ ;s Spanish article (Google Translate) : Andrei is a young Belarussia n from Minsk studying in Paris. It appears in the viral video of the prayer...
- Pius Admirabilis: I love those vestments! Good job, TMSM! May God bless you, pater reverende, and may you have a blessed Triduum!
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Imrahil: I myself have attended once the anticipate d Sunday Mass, or most of it, in Notre Dame, and there were genuine worshipper s there. It was no more, I guess, of “jus t a tourist...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
- ASK FATHER: My unbaptized wife insists on contraception
- A detail in a detail in a header on this blog and some details about a liturgical detail.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Archbp. Viganò
Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò sent an open message to Francis and participants in the “summit”, mainly presidents of bishops conferences from around the world, meeting in Rome in order to avoid talking about the problem of homosexuality as the basis of … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register, there is a series of op-ed pieces by well-known figures. Today they published one by Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. Despite Grave Problems, the Lord Will Never Abandon His Church REGISTER SYMPOSIUM: I continue to have … Continue reading
From the Lepanto Foundation, I have the text of a 4th letter made public by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò. It is addressed to McCarrick. Letter from Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò to Cardinal Theodore McCarrick We today publish a fourth document … Continue reading
At LifeSite we see that Archbp. Viganò has released another statement. ROME, September 27, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) — Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò has today issued a new extraordinary testimony, responding to Pope Francis’ refusal to answer the charge that he knew of … Continue reading
From the Twitter feed of the author of The Dictator Pope. 1) IMPORTANT NEWS: my sources confirm that Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally. As everyone knows, Archbishop Viganò went into hiding after his … Continue reading
Go to LifeSite and read Archbp. Viganò’s statement about what really happened with the meeting between Francis and Kim Davis during his visit to these USA. It is fascinating. The picture painted is … unsettling. Once again, Viganò supplies details and … Continue reading
UPDATE 28 August: Italian Vaticanist Marco Tosatti was also involved. See this AP story in English: HERE It concludes: Tosatti said Vigano didn’t tell him where he was going after the article came out, knowing that the world’s media would … Continue reading
UPDATE 27 August: CNN… what a bunch of dopes. Former Archbishop wants Pope to resign Newsroom In a statement seen by CNN on Sunday, former Archbishop and Vatican ambassador to the US Carlo Maria Vigano said he told the Pope … Continue reading
The reactions to the Viganò (pronounced vig-ah-NOH) Testimony vary as you might expect, along “party lines”. The papalatrous liberal Left, including not a few sychophants of simply stunning audacity, deny everything Viganò wrote. Their main tack right now seems to be … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about the LCWR meeting, which – sadly – is in its final hours. (Have I mentioned that they rejected me?) What greater sign that the CDF take-over is really working, and that it is game over for … Continue reading
Over at American Catholic my friend The Motley Monk saved me some time and effort by providing a good look at the increasingly irrelevant and yet always disappointing Richard McBrien, dissenter and retired ailing prof at Notre Dame. McBrien, who … Continue reading
From CNA about the address the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, gave at “Notre Shame”, aka “The Scene of the Crime”, with my emphases and comments: Papal nuncio: Catholic division undermines religious freedom South Bend, Ind., Nov 12, 2012 … Continue reading
My friend The Motely Monk has a very good post today at The American Catholic. I can’t reproduce the whole thing here, but when you go read that, note that the writer is reclaiming from the liberals the concept of … Continue reading