You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
- wmeyer said My own very limited experience with sailing began...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, indeed. Though I am by no stretch...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It pleases the gentleman to be jocular!
- acardnal said Have you ever sailed a boat yourself or been saili...
- Jeannie_C said OrthodoxChick it isn’t only the TLM devotees...
- RoyceReed said I appreciate Fr. Z posting this, especially in lig...
- UncleBlobb said Hopefully he knows what to do with his starboard g...
- CatholicCoffee said patrick.lynch: you sound like you want to be a Cat...
- acardnal said The Canonical day beginning/ending at midnight is...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgic...
- patrick.lynch said “Your freedom to celebrate the TLM is my fre...
- drea916 said Most people wouldn’t attend either of those....
- JabbaPapa said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgically? Y...
- Imrahil said Note that when I said “the Elder Son had a p...
- CatholicCoffee said Henry Edwards: Do those making such comments reall...
- Imrahil said Reverend dear @Fr Fox, thank you again for your co...
- LarryW2LJ said Hoo boy! I think I would have walked as soon as m...
- StWinefride said I remember you posting this video a couple of year...
- janeway529 said Speaking of the LA Religious Ed Congress, the 2013...
- jameeka said Thank you for this discussion, especially Fr Fox a...
- Jim Dorchak said A couple of things: Do they make things up as they...
- pinoytraddie said There is a Catholic Byzantine Liturgy in Tagalog...
- JonPatrick said To follow on to what Henry Edwards said, it is not...
- OrthodoxChick said Here’s a potential remedy. Did anyone else...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Archd. Philadelphia
NB: The Deacon in question posted a comment, below. Be sure to check it out.
The Fishwrap is having a little nutty these days about the ordination of women.
First, there is an editorial openly declaring that women should be ordained as … Continue reading
Our Lord promised us that Hell would not prevail against the Church.
He did not promise that Hell would not prevail in the USA, or in your town or parish.
Today we are seeing a shrinking of Holy Church in many places. The … Continue reading
From The Catholic League with my emphases. Fellow Catholic bloggers might pick this up too. False accusations are deeply evil and they ruin lives.
BIGOTRY EXPLAINS FALSE ACCUSATIONS
July 18, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
False accusations against priests are … Continue reading
I just an interesting item on the site The Media Report. Apparently the head of SNAP, Mr. David Clohessy, was suggesting that Card. Bevilacqua was faking an illness to avoid testifying.
Less than 36 hours before Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua passed away … Continue reading
From Archbishop Chaput’s sermon during his installation:
This Church in Philadelphia faces very serious challenges these days. There’s no quick fix to problems that are so difficult, and none of us here today, except the Lord Himself, is … Continue reading
During his sermon for his installation in the Cathedral Basilica in Philadelphia, Archbishop Chaput used several good analogies, including that of an arranged marriage (versus romantic love which often today winds up in divorce).
However, he used a striking quote from … Continue reading
Thomas Peters posted a couple of youtube videos of a sit down interview with the new Archbishop of Philadelphia Most Rev. Charles Chaput.
In some ways this interview was a bit more revealing than that which Archbp. Chaput did with John … Continue reading
From Italian journalist Marco Tosati on the Vatican Insider of the Italian daily La Stampa comes this.
Raymond Leo Burke, the “great puppeteer” of American appointees
The appointment of Chaput to the Diocese of Philadelphia confirms Burke’s role as the Pope’s trusted … Continue reading
Even as blind squirrels sometimes find acorns, sometimes the National Catholic Fishwrap does something right. And it won’t surprise anyone that my friend the nearly-ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr. was involved.
Fishwrap – rather Mr. Allen – has a long, and … Continue reading