When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Cradle Catholic said I will pray the rosary for Archbishop Cordileone.
- Charles E Flynn said His most famous prediction, quoted by Father Z abo...
- Fr. John said May his memory be eternal.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Grumpy Beggar, Thank you for your comment of 7:21...
- andia said All of this makes me wonder how to find a good ord...
- Norah said Some years ago when this story was running hot in...
- dave morgan said I am not surprised by this, given that the on wo...
- excalibur said … with the nuns conceding to demands that th...
- JimGB said I agree that the Vatican concluded that the downsi...
- comedyeye said I offered up my time in adoration tonight for the...
- spock said For me,the strange thing was that I just got throu...
- rodin said Forgot to add that I have been praying for Archbis...
- christopherschaefer said Less than 10 months after Vatican II promulgated t...
- Sandy said It has been many years since I read Ungodly Rage b...
- AngelGuarded said LOVE the poem! I often look surreptitiously at my...
- AngelGuarded said Sorry for the late reply but this one struck a cho...
- jhayes said John Allen: the more sweeping investigation of wom...
- Prayerful said Whatever the real reason most of the orders in the...
- yatzer said A good man who will be missed. May he rest in peac...
- Joshua08 said My understanding, from Fortescue-O’Connell-R...
- Fr_Sotelo said This reminds me of the end of the Thirty YearsR...
- The Cobbler said “…reminds me of walking into Pompeii’s...
- Vincent said I can’t say I’m a fan. If the priest w...
- Athelstan said I confess I remain skeptical that anything will ch...
- iPadre said This is probably the best solution. Time will sort...
- kylie said My spiritual bouquet offering is five Adoration se...
- robtbrown said A great loss. Chicago was such a mess after Cardi...
- SanSan said Rest in peace, good and faithful Shepherd! May yo...
- MaryW said Rest in peace, good and faithful Shepherd
- rodin said Making Archbishop Cordileone a Cardinal of San Fra...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PETITION TO POPE FRANCIS: Declare St. John Paul II “Doctor of the Church”!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- WDTPRS “Low” Sunday, “Mercy” Sunday, “Quasimodo” Sunday, Sunday “in albis”
- Do you pray for the priests who gave you sacraments?
- It looks like he “judged” after all!
- Card. Napier corrects RNS’s David Gibson about “the Pope’s theologian”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- More funny but biting commentary from Lutheran Satire!
- ASK FATHER: Crossing arms to receive Communion
- Friday Abstinence, the Octave of Easter and You
- Stop talking about schism! Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Archd. San Francisco
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco.
Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA?
Today, in the ultra-liberal San Francisco … Continue reading
This is another indication of what is coming our way in the near future.
Folks… start getting your heads into that mental place where you can deal with open persecution.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) – San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors … Continue reading
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco is taking flack from the usual suspects for his support of an initiative at Star of the Sea to build a corps of altar boys (not girls – HERE) and for having an entirely reasonable … Continue reading
SF Archbishop on Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
(CNSNews.com) – Responding to statements made by House Minority Leader Nancy [the Theologian] Pelosi [more HERE] — who would not say at her press briefing last … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption (a holy day of obligation) there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka the Extraordinary Ordinary), at Noon at the Bishop O’Connor Center.
Also, … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file, I was sent a link to an entry at Catholic San Francisco about a new liturgical institute established by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone.
Archbishop explains goal of new liturgical institute
On the eve of the feast of … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, the Archbishop of San Francisco, Most Rev. Salvatore Cordileone, offered some interesting comments.
Read the whole thing there, but here is something of interest concerning the older form of Holy Mass. My … Continue reading
Unitatis redintegratio applied: Episcopal “Bishop” not seated for installation of Archbp. Cordileone
Rex novus in Aegypto.
The other day Archbishop Cordileone was “installed” (a fitting word given the shape of the Cathedral in San Francisco). You may recall that just days before the installation the Episcopalian (Episcopal) “Bishop” of California, Marc Andrus, wrote … Continue reading
I bring to your attention something from The Catholic League about the recent DUI incurred by Archbishop Cordilone, newly appointed to San Francisco. Liberals are dancing around their bonfires as if Cordilone’s head is already on a stick.
I’ve been watching the … Continue reading