"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Grateful to be Catholic said I read the inscription as: “Alexander VI, Su...
- stephen c said “Alexander the Sixth,Pontifex Maximus, Nepos...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Can you make it out? Have a try!” Me...
- StnyPtGuy said Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo mentioned in the Bi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops!: “when his uncle was” (I have he...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The English Wikipedia article on him has three mor...
- Andrew said Restant nunc ad Christi fidem virtutis insignia, q...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In his 1910 Catholic Encyclopedia article, John Go...
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Truthfinder, And, of course, it seems that...
- The Cobbler said Clinton R., Considering the history of the Hagia S...
- friarpark said The bovine Option for the maniple perhaps.
- truthfinder said Giuseppe, no. The canonizations of the last coupl...
- anachy said Forgive me if I’m underwhelmed by this news....
- q7swallows said Gregg the Obscure: Your comment applies to not o...
- Giuseppe said Lmo1968, St. John Paul II will always be blessed....
- rodin said All that food looks delicious, especially the salt...
- lmo1968 said Today is the feast day of St. John Paul II, he is...
- Clinton R. said Speaking of the religion of peace, there’s t...
- Giuseppe said That hymn was almost as good as one of LongSkirts!
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Until more details come out, I’m going to wi...
- pseudomodo said Indeed pray for us! Incidentaly today was schedule...
- Jacob said Father, it was some little hole-in-the-wall church...
- NBW said The food pics are awesome! Some of the vestments h...
- mysticalrose said APX: LOL!
- jacobi said No one is perfect you know! Something to do with H...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Jacob: I don’t recall. Did I ever express s...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father you are so silly. Glad to hear you are laff...
- Jacob said Father, remind us all again what the name of the c...
- dochm13 said I erred in my assumption of the FSSP being invited...
- greinkebs said Michael with his comments today seems to add to th...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Archd. St. Paul and Minneapolis
The StarTribune, liberal paper of my native place, has – again – published something by one of the dumbest priests I know of in the larger public’s eye.
He actually suggests to Archbp. Nienstedt that he step down!
As a priest of … Continue reading
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts.
They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution of … Continue reading
From The Catholic Spirit, the newspaper and site of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, comes this. With my emphases and comments:
To assist statewide efforts to defend and define marriage in the Minnesota Constitution, Archbishop John Nienstedt has … Continue reading
The destruction inflicted on our churches in the name of Vatican II still makes the angels weep.
However, a restoration is slowly picking up momentum.
Here is a good example.
I like to visit the Cathedral if my native place, St Paul and … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
Minnesota Catholic Conference and Archd. STP/MPLS says “Catholics For Marriage Equality MN” is NOT affiliated with Church
I direct now your attention to the website of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and their Office for Marriage and Family. The Archdiocese made this apparent on the front page of their website.
As you may recall, His Excellency … Continue reading
Archdiocesan Corpus Christi Procession, Sunday, June 26, 2:00-3:30 p.m., Little Sisters of the Poor to the Cathedral of St. Paul. Bring your family and friends for this festive walk with our Eucharistic Lord. Ice cream social follows. Park in the … Continue reading