Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- stuart reiss: Christ being innocent was the perfect sacrifice. And, following in his Master’s footsteps, Father Z, and Cardinal Pell are perfect sacrificre s to atone for the immorality in the...
- Gab: I’m assuming all mail is read, do you know? Yes it is.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- APX: Thanks, un-ionized . I’m assuming all mail is read, do you know?
- THREEHEARTS: Jerome…. I would like to remind you that we are all God’s creation but for Him to acknowledg e us as His creature might just be a different kettle of fish. First reason to justify my...
- un-ionized: JillMary, write Cardinal Pell a letter! “For I was in prison and you visited me.” I posted his address on the thread about two Georges.
- un-ionized: Please note. Cardinal Pell is in solitary because he is in protective custody.
- un-ionized: I wrote to Cardinal Pell in prison. George Pell c/- Correction s Victoria GPO Box 123 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia. Important: no title should be on the envelope or it will not be...
- THREEHEARTS: let us be honest and try to answer this question, “Wha t would 12 Hebrew men ‘her maneuticly ’ believe, from the customs of their times, what happened when their feet...
- LeeGilbert: “To the extent that a man acts in grace and charity, he lives by the life of the Church, his actions manifest in him the very life of the Whole of which he is a part. To the...
- hilltop: This superb piece is but one of the unpredicta ble consequenc es of the Pope requiring the good Bishop to stay at home… ;frees up a lot of time. Further, this piece pulls the rug...
- Kathleen10: Check and see what the Protestant s are writing in their bulletins. That oughta clear it up. It is my understand ing the washing of the feet was something Christ did to show the apost...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Happily, sometimes the scandals will bring out the best in people. In August, just after the McCarrick affair, I went to Florida to speak at Ave Maria and passed through...
- Grateful to be Catholic: @Charles E. Flynn and JARay: the Bishop would certainly not claim infallibil ity in these matters and neither would his English language editor who tries to know and follow...
- frjimt: teeth̷ 0;
- frjimt: … rejoice that we can sufferR 30; i had a similar experience at a baptism 230; i thought, id probably do the same thing if all i knew of the priesthood is what i read… ;....
- Kenneth Wolfe: I am also sorry to hear of that airport situation. Thank you, though, for being a witness. I have heard of several priests (some who really should know better, too) who take the easy...
- Clinton R.: As time goes on, I am sure you and your brother priests will be hated by 99.9% of the world. However, Our Blessed Mother is praying for you, as are all the Saints in Heaven. We hear...
- JillMary: I’m sorry for that Father. And it also make me think of Cardinal Pell. I have thought a lot about his being in prison and pray he is free soon. But in the mean time, I hope this is...
- Mariana2: Very sorry, Father.
- Longinus: Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven. Matthew 5:...
- Gab: ““No t next to him” hissed satan.
- Gab: From the link above: “Whe n Pell became Archbishop of Melbourne in 1996, “Cat holic Lite” ; was the order of the day throughout the country, with the usual results: goofb...
- Gab: “Goo d people in Australia watched George Pell run roughshod over their friends, their families, and their neighbors for decades and their was nothing they could do about it. A great...
- Jerome Charles: Fr Z, I’m sorry you had this experience , and I can imagine how demoralizi ng this time can be for priests who are innocent of wrongdoing –yes , the vast majority. Our...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
- St. Patrick’s Breastplate: Armor for our time
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: God is more lenient than you
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): a more perfect “view”
- When We are elected Pope…
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 11 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: The imperial epiphany and the tabernacle
- AUDIO: Damian Thompson on boring bishops – @HolySmoke
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Archd. Washington DC
When a Pope names Cardinals they “get the red hat”. These days the “red hat” is a Roman biretta in the cardinalatial red, porpora sacra. However, as old paintings and present ecclesiastical coats-of-arms demonstrate, the old red hat was the great … Continue reading
After Holy Mass, I dashed to the car and zoomed to not too distant Milwaukee’s aerodrome. I’m off for a quick assault on museums of the nation’s capital and for meetings with a priest and lay people about an upcoming … Continue reading
Italian vaticanista Andrea Gagliarducci writes regularly a column at his place called “Monday Vatican”. You should read him. Today, however, he has a piece at CNA about how Pope Francis seems to approach the selection of and translation of bishops. … Continue reading
My friend Msgr. Charles Pope has a piece on his blog on the site of the Archdiocese of Washington DC. It merits some attention. Here are a few tastes with my emphases: District of Columbia Cancels Appearance of Gospel Artist … Continue reading
Phil Lawler on CWN has a piece worthy of your attention today. Here are some excerpts: The betrayal of Father Guarnizo By Phil Lawler […] Bishop Knestout’s letter was entirely sympathetic to Johnson, entirely unsympathetic to Father Guarnizo. There was … Continue reading
You know by now about the dust up in the Archdiocese of Washington DC, where a priest denied Holy Communion to a woman who had in private announced to him in an unrepentant way that she was a practicing lesbian. … Continue reading
I initially posted on the story HERE. Lot’s of comments, including excellent canonical points from Dr. Peters. As a follow up I posted HERE about can. 915 and the denial of Holy Communion to sinners. As an update, there is an op-ed … Continue reading
Nancy Pelosi: ‘I am going to stick with fellow Catholics’ in Pres. Obama’s war on Catholics. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), catholic and openly an abortion absolutist, is from the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but she spends most of her time in Washington DC. She has at least quasi-domicile in the Archdiocese of Washington DC. She is Archbishop … Continue reading