You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Fr Martin Fox said I had never heard of anything like this, nor of de...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Why all the resistance to fasting and its traditio...
- Amerikaner said I think some confusion over permanent deacons and...
- Priam1184 said Excellent Father. Thank you.
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
- AA Cunningham said “According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1...
- Bosco said Deaconite? Time to turn off the night light and ta...
- Martial Artist said Fathers (Z and Martin Fox), I am forced by conscie...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, most universities required at least t...
- Jeannie_C said One of your best posts ever, Fr. Z. Thank you!
- VexillaRegis said Billy: Watch out for Fr. Z’s secret identica...
- wmeyer said Father, while you are at it, do make certain that...
- Jack Regan said Can’t he carry his own umbrella like the res...
- Ted said “Without the RAM, the operating system shoul...
- yatzer said “brothers and sisters who through their work...
- mattg said Father, A few thoughts on your computer trouble:...
- LarryW2LJ said That meme that was linked to asked what the differ...
- JabbaPapa said Without the RAM, the operating system should not f...
- billy said Father I’m glad you admitted you were wrong...
- Peter in Canberra said the photoshopped umbrella raising is funny. it is...
- Konstantin said Thank you Father, I feel learned now ;-) A blessed...
- Christopher said Jabba: This can be caused by a variety of differen...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Ash Wednesday
Have you ever read or studied T.S Eliot’s poem Ash Wednesday?
You should have, you know.
Let us not let Ash Wednesday pass without at least touching on the poem.
If you have never read or heard it, at least you can hear … Continue reading
What are you all having for your meals today?
I had no breakfast. I plan on vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and for supper salad of mixed greens and oil and vinegar.
Technorati Tags: Ash Wednesday
First, lunch was a cup of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
This was consumed while viewing the Holy Father’s Mass at Santa Sabina, the Roman Station. The day began at the nearby San’tAnselmo on the Aventine Hill for the collect. There … Continue reading
The Roman Station for Ash Wednesday is Santa Sabina on the Aventine Hill.
The Collect in the 2002 Missale Romanum, is an ancient prayer found in the Gelasian Sacramentary for the Vigil of Pentecost. It is also among the prayers for … Continue reading
According to the 1983 Code of Canon Law for the Latin Church, Latin Church Catholics are bound to observe fasting and abstinence on Ash Wednesday.
Here are some details. I am sure you know them already, but they are good … Continue reading
From a priest:
Reverend and Dear Father,
Ash Wednesday is soon to be upon us, and I am faced with the situation I am often faced with: whether to impose ashes on cute, angel-faced infants.
It never fails that, as the faithful come … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a three year old girl. She loves the material aspects of
Catholicism (holy cards, holy water, lighting candles, relics etc) and has a pretty good understanding of them for her age.
Can she receive ashes on Ash Wednesday? … Continue reading
Ash Wednesday is around the corner. In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, the lovely and persistent feature-writer Anna Arco has an article with comments about that ash-smudge.
Don’t rub off your ashes, urges bishop
By Anna Arco
Catholics should try … Continue reading
For Latin Church Catholics the beginning of Lent comes in one week with Ash Wednesday.
Are you ready? Do you have a plan for your Lent?
Be prudent as you plan and don’t bite off too much at the beginning. You can … Continue reading