Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- maternalView: Another tip: Frequent confession actually makes it easier to go
- Amante de los Manuales: Suspension ? No dialogue?
- Fr. Kelly: Curiouser and curiouser.
- Fr. Kelly: Such things are their own parody.
- Fr. Kelly: Or, As I have seen once, years ago, Stub out several cigarettes in the sand… ;.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Assumption Grotto
Many people are confused by this Pope. Some are angry. Some are elated. Some are nearly unhinged in spittle-flecked nutties.
My friend Fr. Eduard Perrone of Assumption Grotto in Detroit delivered a thoughful sermon about Pope Francis.
Thus… Fr. Perrone. We begin well … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Eduard Perrone of mighty Assumption Grotto, that liturgical oasis in troubled Detroit, is a fine musician. He is putting his extensive training and experience to work with social media.
Here is the first installment of a video … Continue reading
On Sunday 3 February at Assumption Grotto parish in Detroit, my friend Fr. Eduard Perrone gave a fine sermon during the Sunday High Mass in the Extraordinary Form on forms of spiritual pride.
He touches on the topic of those who … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
UPDATE: I added a lower resolution version of the video. It should be easier to download.
UPDATE: I added an AUDIO ONLY version of the video. See the players below.
ORIGINAL POST 15 October 2012
Here is Bp. … Continue reading
Getting ready in the sacristy.
Another brick for building the New Evangelization.
Once again the Call To Holiness Conference will be held near Detroit. Here is the information so that you can mark your calendar.
Celebrating Vatican II in the Modern Era
The 50th anniversary of Vatican II is the topic for the 14th … Continue reading
Here is one for your “brick by brick” file.
My friend, the distinguished Church musician Fr. Eduard Perrone, pastor at Assumption Grotto in Detroit, has written a Mass, to be used during the Christmas season, in honor of the Blessed Virgin … Continue reading
As some people are telling me, apparently that second audio file I posted, along with some excerpts of the Pentecost Mass at Assumption Grotto in Detroit, didn’t show up on the iTunes feed.
I repost it here. Sorry about that.