"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Truthfinder, And, of course, it seems that...
- The Cobbler said Clinton R., Considering the history of the Hagia S...
- friarpark said The bovine Option for the maniple perhaps.
- truthfinder said Giuseppe, no. The canonizations of the last coupl...
- anachy said Forgive me if I’m underwhelmed by this news....
- q7swallows said Gregg the Obscure: Your comment applies to not o...
- Giuseppe said Lmo1968, St. John Paul II will always be blessed....
- rodin said All that food looks delicious, especially the salt...
- lmo1968 said Today is the feast day of St. John Paul II, he is...
- Clinton R. said Speaking of the religion of peace, there’s t...
- Giuseppe said That hymn was almost as good as one of LongSkirts!
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Until more details come out, I’m going to wi...
- pseudomodo said Indeed pray for us! Incidentaly today was schedule...
- Jacob said Father, it was some little hole-in-the-wall church...
- NBW said The food pics are awesome! Some of the vestments h...
- mysticalrose said APX: LOL!
- jacobi said No one is perfect you know! Something to do with H...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Jacob: I don’t recall. Did I ever express s...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father you are so silly. Glad to hear you are laff...
- Jacob said Father, remind us all again what the name of the c...
- dochm13 said I erred in my assumption of the FSSP being invited...
- greinkebs said Michael with his comments today seems to add to th...
- Andrew_81 said For “expensive Masses” read EO form M...
- Andrew_81 said As an SSPX supporter, I am glad to see more bishop...
- dinsdale said dochm13, am I missing something? The FSSP is not...
- dochm13 said The famous Fr. DiNardo who supported church sales...
- KM Edwards said I know traditionalists and faithful Catholics WANT...
- Elizabeth D said http://www.churchmilitant.tv/platform/?today=2014-...
- Supertradmum said I mean the more traddy flower material and the gol...
- Supertradmum said Fantastic material! And the food is making me hung...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: baptism
From a reader (who has sent queries before about a writing project):
I’m sorry if I’m been annoying at all in the past. But I have another question this one is for a writing project that might never get off the ground, … Continue reading
From a reader…
I have been asked to be my nieces godmother but I have to make my confirmation. The lady at the church [?] told me I can not do so until I have my marriage convalidated by the church. … Continue reading
From a reader…
I am a Police Officer and often am in situations where people are dying or close to death. Is it improper to baptize someone who is unconscious or having a seizure because they listen to music from Hell?
I like cops, … Continue reading
The Holy Father baptized the baby of a couple who are only civilly married.
From the excellent Canon Law blog of Ed Peters… who is probably smart not to have an open combox. Or .. maybe he just enjoys watching … Continue reading
This is interesting.
Today Pope Francis followed the custom of other Popes and baptized babies in the Sistine Chapel.
But wait! There’s more!
I read in La Stampa that the parents of one of the babies isn’t married.
That is to say, the couple is … Continue reading
Just before abdicating, Benedict XVI (the Pope of Christian Unity) approved a decree to make a change to the Novus Ordo or Ordinary Form Rite of Baptism:
In the decree published in “Notitiae”, 557-558, Ian.-Feb. 2013, 1-2, pagg. 54-56, “communitas christiana” … Continue reading
From a reader:
We are planning our daughter’s baptism next month and would appreciate your guidance regarding an issue that has arisen.
Our parish does group baptisms twice a month outside of Mass. While our pastor was willing to do an EF … Continue reading
NB: In a comment below, a participant posted some points about when the paschal candle may be used in the Extraordinary Form. Don’t just read my answer and then move on without also reading that comment. You will know which … Continue reading
From a priest:
After 17 years as a priest I’m surprised I can’t track down an answer to this, but even our diocesan faculties booklet is unclear.
A priest of our diocese baptized an infant whose parents are registered in my parish. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can the Churching ritual be performed directly after the baptism, or should it be done on a different day? I ask this for clarity, as this will be the priest’s first time performing a baptism in the EF … Continue reading