You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- Fr AJ said It really bothers me that the new Roman Missal doe...
- orthros said Supertradmum, I historically love your responses b...
- New Sister said Recently heard something on EWTN that bothered me&...
- The Masked Chicken said Of course, there might have been a missing punctua...
- Greek Fire said Geoffrey, I’d say for starters find a couple...
- The Masked Chicken said ““It’s too bad someone doesn’t write the boo...
- dahveed said Regarding Geoffrey’s question, we, as laypeo...
- pelerin said A few weeks ago I sat with a couple of holidaymake...
- Supertradmum said cathgrl, I am not confused. I have taught Millenia...
- Imrahil said Dear @Cheesesteak Expert, in the theologian techni...
- Cool Catholic said I wonder how the Pontifical Academy for Latin http...
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- catholiccomelately said Guiseppe, as a Lutheran I never heard of a Luther...
- Ralph said Our bilingual parish is getting a new pastor who o...
- Therese said “They recently started playing drums at my c...
- frjim4321 said “When they see a biretta… when they see a ca...
- StJude said Rob in Maine… looks delicious then I looked...
- Kathleen10 said suedusek, really. How about a bit of understandin...
- Rachel Gohlman said It is true. Every type of person seems welcome at...
- Bea said It IS kind of scary, NBW. This brings to mind the...
- John Nelson said Questiones ullae? Nullae? Bene!
- Kathleen10 said Sounds great to me!
- Catholictothecore said “We can get all excited about the aging hipp...
- Hank Igitur said Reintroduce compulsory Latin classes in all “...
- Athelstan said And Protestants say Catholics don’t know the...
- majuscule said This is off topic but might pertain to the time wh...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post:
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: beatification
From the Jesuit run America Magazine comes this with my emphases and comments.
The Universal Call
The Editors | SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
Ever since the Second Vatican Council spoke of the “universal call to holiness,” there has been a move to recognize more … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Ed Peters, has comments on can. 915, a very important canon which has in the opinion of many been little observed.
Go to Dr. Peters page for his bit about Robert Mugabe’s reception of Communion at the Mass … Continue reading
Three priest-martyrs of Nazis beatified in Germany
Hamburg, Germany, Jun 25, 2011 / 12:02 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Three Catholic martyrs executed under the Nazi regime were beatified in Germany today, June 25. The event was also noteworthy for its rememberance … Continue reading
On the site of the American Spectator my friend the great Samuel Gregg, of Acton Institute, has a piece about Pope Benedict which I bring to your attention with my emphases and comments.
Benedict XVI: In No One’s Shadow
By Samuel Gregg … Continue reading
The NCFishwrap’s editor is advertising a hit piece in The Irish Times: Hans Kung’s reaction to the Beatification of Bl. John Paul II
A sample with my emphases:
In an interview last weekend with German daily the Frankfurter Rundschau , Küng says … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for the beatification: “turning back with the strength of a titan – a strength which came to him from God – a tide which appeared irreversible”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the beatification of Bl. John Paul II.
Benedict XVI does not do many beatifications. He has delegated them to others, for the sake of underscoring that a beatification is not an infallible act.
We join the Pope … Continue reading
Some time ago, the Cardinal Prefect of the Congregation for Causes of Saints said that the beatification of Pope John Paul II was not a judgment about his pontificate.
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, has some Q&A with … Continue reading
I owe this to His Hermeneuticalness and John Paul II.
I was ordained by John Paul II:
One of the themes of Pope John Paul II’s pontificate was his insistence on the necessity of the priesthood and his personal and … Continue reading
I have a piece in the Washington Post today at their invitation. The typo, rather omission, in the second paragraph (as it appears in the online version as I write) is good for my humility.
Many argue that John Paul II … Continue reading
I have far too many emails in my box about several points. I hope with this I can put them to rest.
The resignation of Amb. Kmiec. What do I think?
I think what I wrote before about the poor Ambassador:
Qui cum … Continue reading