You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- janeway529 said Also, isn’t Pope Francis referencing the Vat...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, Vatican TV has been broadcasting Pope Franc...
- MouseTemplar said I came home from my Thursday Holy Hour [dedicated...
- frjim4321 said With all due respect to a priest who by all appear...
- Kathleen10 said Thanks Fr. Z. and others for such great comments,...
- Priam1184 said Thank you for that Andrew.
- Priam1184 said @Ed the Roman : You are 1000% correct on that. Wh...
- KevinSymonds said Fr. Z., I sent a message with a reference in Itali...
- New Sister said I have always been fascinated by this little lesso...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: No you’re fine. I just know that t...
- Ed the Roman said We are made in the image and likeness of the One w...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, perhaps I’m reading too much betwe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said Lots of sloppy (if not deliberately mendacious) re...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: Well, since we’re so irenic togethe...
- Andrew said Priam1184: S. Augustine “on Genesis”: A very loose...
- Phil_NL said Cosmos, The assumption that people feel ill at eas...
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters No disrespect, doc. I think t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
- Giuseppe said I agree with Father Z. Out of respect for the Ort...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters Pius XI (1928) in the encyclic...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Benedict XVI
Today is Good Friday. Today’s podcast is a little longer, so that we can look at a few more dimensions of this special day.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station and a great insight about it by Bl. John … Continue reading
Today is Holy Thursday. Today’s podcast is a little longer, so that we can look at a few more dimensions of this special day.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, several thoughts from Benedict XVI and the Collects for … Continue reading
Today is Spy Wednesday of Holy Week.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, a thought from Benedict XVI about about the rending of the veil in the Temple, and something from Lactantius.
At the end of the Passion, as … Continue reading
Today is Tuesday of Holy Week.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, a thought from Benedict XVI about priesthood, and something from St. Jerome.
From St. Jerome:
Happy is he who carries the Cross, the Resurrection, and the place of Christ’s … Continue reading
REPAIRED! 17:53 GMT
Today is Monday of Holy Week.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, a scene of many murders, a thought from Benedict XVI about the Cross as a sign of torture and of hope, and something from St. … Continue reading
Today is Palm Sunday, Holy Week begins.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, which belonged to the losers, a thought from Benedict XVI about who ascent and the gravitational forces that draw us in different directions – it is … Continue reading
In the chapel where Benedict is hanging his zucchetto these days, and where he and Pope Francis prayed together, I noticed that the Cross is veiled in purple… probably since last Sunday, called 1st Passion Sunday in the older calendar. … Continue reading
Some pics of the meeting of Pope Francis and Pope Benedict.
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, Pope Francis
HISTORIC MEETING: POPE FRANCIS TRAVELS TO CASTEL GANDOLFO TO MEET WITH BENEDICT XVI
Vatican City, 23 March 2013 (VIS) – At noon today, the Holy Father Francis travelled by helicopter to Castel Gandolfo to meet and have lunch with Pope … Continue reading