- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said skvie5738 says: I could eat 5 bowls of it in a row...
- skvie5738 said I’ve been making this exact same recipe for...
- teejay329 said Everyone…please consider purchasing a calend...
- Tamquam said I listen through the plug in on the blog. I very...
- The Masked Chicken said I remember, vividly, the day I finally decided to...
- CatholicLiving said Your soup looks delicious, Fr Z! I made one last w...
- Priam1184 said That is why so much effort has been put into reduc...
- McCall1981 said Such a powerful quote from Card. George. I canR...
- Priam1184 said Lol sorry Father I make a habit of taking only wha...
- The Masked Chicken said “Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking ab...
- RobW said Lol…I just read my mother this piece, she sa...
- de_cupertino said You don’t have any poll options for those of...
- robtbrown said Hans wrote, In a fit of humor, robtbrown wrote:...
- kevinm said I have just prayed for the intentions here, and I...
- OrthodoxChick said Wow! You folks are inspiring. We’re t.v. a...
- Bea said For my husband’s health: That his cancer not...
- Bea said I am listening, Thank you Father. Am listening thr...
- OrthodoxChick said I prefer using the plug in on your blog to listen....
- Baron Korf said I’ve been following them daily. I download.
- SKAY said Looks like a great recipe for lentil soup. So many...
- CatholicLiving said Fantastic video. Wow, they can really chant! The s...
- Joseph-Mary said I hope they will not get suppressed like the Franc...
- kellym said We kicked cable to the curb about a year ago in fa...
- AngelGuarded said I listen on this blog during my morning break at w...
- SKAY said I agree with your choices, Father–especially...
- francy said Backstory: Every year I make my own turkey stock f...
- Things Heard: e280v4 | Stones Cry Out said [...] A dialog. [...]
- pseudomodo said The Pope was hopefully (?!) chosen by the MSM for...
- Unwilling said I can understand “insiders” being a li...
- Glennonite said I use your blog.
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Benedict XVI
Just before abdicating, Benedict XVI (the Pope of Christian Unity) approved a decree to make a change to the Novus Ordo or Ordinary Form Rite of Baptism:
In the decree published in “Notitiae”, 557-558, Ian.-Feb. 2013, 1-2, pagg. 54-56, “communitas christiana” … Continue reading
From The Guardian (which I take with a grain or two of salt when it comes to the Church):
Ex-pope Benedict says God told him to resign during ‘mystical experience’
Pope Francis’s predecessor breaks silence to contradict explanation he gave to cardinals … Continue reading
Some people have of late been concerned that Pope Francis and his minions were on the verge of overturning Pope Benedict’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum (aka The Emancipation Proclamation). Summorum Pontificum is arguably one of the most important, long-reaching acts … Continue reading
My constant drumbeat has been that for any effort of New Evangelization to bear long-lasting fruit, we must revitalize our sacred liturgical worship of God. Nothing we do to renew the Church will last unless we get our liturgical house … Continue reading
I have kept the banner image of Benedict and Francis with that phrase “Reading Francis through Benedict” at the top of the blog, to remind people that we don’t pit Popes against each other. There will be differences in interests … Continue reading
In my desire to get my ears and mind around the new encyclical, Lumen fidei, of Benedict XVI and Pope Francis, to sort the “voices” and get to know the trajectory of its arguments, I decided to read it aloud.
Wanna hear? … Continue reading
Today’s prayer is at least as old as the Gelasian Sacramentary. It has survived the post-Conciliar revisions to live again on the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time. The version in the Novus Ordo, however, adds a comma after ut.
COLLECT – (1962 Missale Romanum):
Deus, qui diligentibus te … Continue reading
There is a smart and well-written article at The American Spectator on liturgical music by Patrick O’Hannigan, whom I have mentioned before.
The piece is longish, so here are a few bits to whet your appetite.
Can Liturgical Music Be Saved?
By PATRICK … Continue reading