Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
- RJ Sciurus said It would appear that you are among the Catholic Un...
- Ichabod said I’m jealous. I was last in Natchitoches, Lo...
- discipulus said I’m curious, who is titular bishop of this f...
- Will D. said It’s a nice town, indeed. Make sure to get...
- jameeka said Very moving, Father Z
- TKS said Splendid. Thank you.
- benedetta said @Brooklyn, Were you trying to say that if you were...
- New Sister said @ Chon, I know Saint Patrick’s; it would be...
- greinkebs said That Deacon on the video needs a Bishop like this....
- JNVA said Thank you, Father! I am using Bossuet’s Me...
- St. Epaphras said Listened on my iCatcher! App. Exactly what I neede...
- lsclerkin said Loud and clear here, too Father. Thank you! Father...
- yatzer said Listening to all. Thank you!
- Giuseppe said Bad joke of the day: A Higgs boson walks into a c...
- pelerin said The chicken says ‘now that I would like to s...
- mary said Thank you Fr.
- Chon said New Sister, I indeed know about St. James…se...
- Montenegro said Thank you Father.
- benedetta said For example the sacredness of holy matrimony betwe...
- katherine collins said The people of Albany DID have a voice in the selec...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: Benedict XVI
According to AP, and this was also clarified by the papal spokesman Fr. Lombardi, Pope Benedict XVI “defrocked” almost 400 priests for the crime of sexual abuse of children – in a little more than 2 years.
We are talking here … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file, I was sent a link to an entry at Catholic San Francisco about a new liturgical institute established by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone.
Archbishop explains goal of new liturgical institute
On the eve of the feast of … Continue reading
I was sent a link to a video with some of an interview by Bishop Enrico dal Covolo, who is presently rector of my old school, the Pontifical Lateran University. dal Covolo, an SDB (aka Socio di Bertone aka Salesian) … Continue reading
Epiphany is coming, Reverend Fathers. We have special blessings we can use.
You will find actual blessings in the Rituale Romanum (not in the dreadful “Book of Blessings”).
First, we have the famous blessing of chalk, then used to mark the doors of … Continue reading
Yesterday Benedict XVI went to Gemelli Hospital in Rome to visit his elder brother, Msgr. Georg Ratzinger, who had been admitted.
All things considered, they both look pretty spry. And we wish Msgr. Georg a swift recovery. He will be 90 … Continue reading
I have decided to reread Benedict XVI’s third volume of Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives. It is shorter than the other two volumes, but there are riches within.
The Holy Father’s book presents a real defense of the historicity of … Continue reading
This year I will do for Advent what did last year: make a short daily podcast to help your preparation for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.
These are especially offered as a … Continue reading
A reader sent the following enthusiastic filmette:
Be the Maquis!
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM, TLM
You will want to read this carefully and put it in your “IMPORTANT” file.
This is, again, HUGE news.
The 450th anniversary of the closing of the Council of Trent is coming up on 4 December. We like to celebrate these great … Continue reading
Does anything about the following strike you as supremely ironic?
Vatican II continues to mark ecclesial life today, says archbishop
BY MARY SOLBERG
Catholic News Service
ERIE, Pa. (CNS) — Archbishop Piero Marini, a Vatican official, recalls watching bishops day after day pour … Continue reading