Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- GM Thobe: For a handful of family intentions . And the grace to deal with the outcome.
- Therese: MrsMacD, we have a sweet granddaugh ter who prays it for the same reason. ;-)
- Joe Hebert: Is there any way to find the texts they are singing?
- John Grammaticus: for the nibbles I’ve been getting on my CV to turn into a job
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Please pray for the soul of my mother, who died three years ago today.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
- An Argentinian bishop on Communion in the hand
- Beans reveals his self-interest
- Marble machine
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Benedictines
News from Norcia! I warmly urge you to visit their site, check out their donation page, and consider joining their beer club. Speaking of beer, be sure to look at what they have going … below. Dear friends, In moments … Continue reading
For the sake of a wider audience, the latest from the Benedictine “Beer” Monks of Norcia, where the terrible recent earthquakes changed, and ended, lives. […] All of Norcia is the same; it’s like a war zone. There are military … Continue reading
The Benedictine Monks of Norcia are doing wonderful things. They put sermons and singing of the hours online. They have a great Gregorian chant disc. They make exquisite beer. They have helped the town of Norcia revive. There will … Continue reading
The marvelous monks of Norcia, Italy, have a job opening for a Director of Communications. Wow. It’s a new era of the world when a monastery needs a director of communications. Once upon a time, monks reached out to the … Continue reading
Here is some great news. The wonderful Benedictine Monks in Norcia, Italy (they make the best beer you may ever have), are releasing a new Gregorian Chant CD on 2 June. It is available for pre-sale now. Click HERE It is … Continue reading
I received some great news today. The Benedictine monks in Norcia, Italy have finished recording some 30 tracks for a forthcoming music CD of Gregorian Chant. The target time for release is early June 2015. I will post links as … Continue reading
When I have posted about good causes that need support (read: money) you readers have always been prompt and generous. Were every reader of this blog to give up buying their coffee or a sandwich today and make a donation… … Continue reading
The fruits of Vatican II continue to enrich our lives. From Clerical Whispers: Oldest Benedictine convent in United States to close The members of the oldest Benedictine convent in the United States have decided to close their convent, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. St. … Continue reading
Sometimes people ask me for ideas about good groups to whom they can donate money, especially at this time of the year. First, please use my donation button! That’s the only way this blog can exist. There is a donation button … Continue reading
Good story from the STrib. Blue Cloud Abbey monastery sold to group of Catholic buyers from South Dakota and Minnesota Article by: CARSON WALKER , Associated Press Updated: November 20, 2013 – 6:50 PM SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Six Catholic … Continue reading
Here’s one for the Just Too Cool file. The Benedictines in Norcia (ancient Nursia), whom I mention with some frequency here (they post their chanted monastic hours online), have inaugurated their new beer. A friend who is involved with … Continue reading
I think the Benedictine monks at Norcia are wonderful. They revived the Benedictine tradition, in a traditional way, in the place where St. Benedict is said to have been born. They make available, on demand, recordings of some of their … Continue reading
At NLM I saw a nice photo of Benedictines at Randol in France in their usual mode of concelebration. I approve. Included is a link to a film, Noir et Blanc, about the monastic life of the Benedictines at the Abbey … Continue reading
There is a great 5 minute video about Clear Creek Abbey in Oklahoma. It is well worth your time. There is a brief, though annoying, ad before the video starts. Clear Creek Abbey Work Day from clearcreekabbey on GodTube.