- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- amenamen said Structures of sin?
- voiceinthewilderness said So very wrong. Even when there is a crazy cleric i...
- majuscule said friarpark– The first link you provided…...
- Tamquam said It reminds me of nothing so much as a crude knock...
- friarpark said Terrible. Worse than what they did to the Cathedr...
- Father Maurer said Would that instituted readers restored to the Chur...
- LadyMarchmain said Rachel K, I kindof agree with you, but then I look...
- lucindatcm said Thank you Father! Our miserable flesh….IR...
- Michelle F said If the woman in Fr. Z’s post wants people to...
- Hank Igitur said This thing is crap. Put it in a Masonic Temple.
- adeacon said In response to iPadre, I do agree, I have attended...
- ChesterFrank said Friedrich Press Is a German artist who learned his...
- Philippa Martyr said Acceptance of sex outside of valid marriage, would...
- CGPearson said I just don’t understand how this sort of thi...
- jmgarciajr said Fr Martin Fox says: “Aside from everything e...
- BLB Oregon said <> Trader Vic’s!! That captures it. Ho...
- New Sister said That’s barbaric
- lana said I would (perhaps selfishly) be very happy if the p...
- MacBride said belch!
- lana said I used to lector, but I found that, after spending...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Random Friar, A good, clear picture! I expect, in...
- Fr Martin Fox said Aside from everything else, the vase with the sing...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I have read that the background of Orthodox practi...
- RCOkie said A young man from our parish died in a car accident...
- Mike said James C: that’s really wonderful for you to...
- MikeD said There must have been some mistake here. How is a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To Elizaeth D’s observation, “it does...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Cincinnati Priest said One thing I’ve observed as a pastor is that...
- Elizabeth D said I think that it is not good art, and definitely no...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Benedictines
Good story from the STrib.
Blue Cloud Abbey monastery sold to group of Catholic buyers from South Dakota and Minnesota
Article by: CARSON WALKER , Associated Press
Updated: November 20, 2013 – 6:50 PM
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Six Catholic couples from … Continue reading
Here’s one for the Just Too Cool file.
The Benedictines in Norcia (ancient Nursia), whom I mention with some frequency here (they post their chanted monastic hours online), have inaugurated their new beer. A friend who is involved with them … Continue reading
I think the Benedictine monks at Norcia are wonderful.
They revived the Benedictine tradition, in a traditional way, in the place where St. Benedict is said to have been born. They make available, on demand, recordings of some of their sung … Continue reading
At NLM I saw a nice photo of Benedictines at Randol in France in their usual mode of concelebration.
Included is a link to a film, Noir et Blanc, about the monastic life of the Benedictines at the Abbey of Notre-Dame … Continue reading
There is a great 5 minute video about Clear Creek Abbey in Oklahoma. It is well worth your time. There is a brief, though annoying, ad before the video starts.
Clear Creek Abbey Work Day from clearcreekabbey on GodTube.
Technorati … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I often listen to the hours sung by the monks at Le Barroux. Today for Sext the melody of the usual text of the hymn Rector potens verax Deus was strikingly beautiful. Here … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file, the great Benedictines monks in Norcia, Italy (the place where it is said St. Benedict was born) are making BEER!
I often go to their website to listen to the office chanted. They … Continue reading
I sometimes listen the podcasts of the Benedictine monks at Norcia, in Italy. They record and post on demand recordings of their hours and Mass. Alas, they tend to go flat, a problem many groups have when singing psalms and … Continue reading