- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said “We are reading the poetry of John Henry New...
- Denis Crnkovic said Indeed, will someone post what this literary group...
- LarryW2LJ said Once again, our young “on fire” priest...
- Clinton R. said The priest at my parish gave a rousing homily on h...
- Geometricus said Fr. Bauknecht FSSP riffed (in a rather Father Z-li...
- MrsMacD said Sermon on how Our Lord’s feeding the 5000 wa...
- Del said Sermon for “Independence Day weekend”:...
- Uxixu said Canon 915 should apply well before Excommunication...
- JabbaPapa said is it possible the marriages are in fact null beca...
- Boots said The sermon at the Cathedral of St. Francis de Sale...
- Imrahil said Ah yes. I cannot pretend I’m neutral in the...
- So-Called Same-Sex Marriage, Religious Freedom - Big Pulpit said […] Replaces the ‘Laws of Nature’...
- benedetta said Our erudite homilist spoke of the need to get out...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “This may be more of a canon law question (a...
- Toan said From a newly ordained priest of the Archdiocese of...
- capchoirgirl said Father talked about freedom in an excellent homily...
- catholicservant said We must respect the Church’s ordinances in t...
- Fr. Bryan said Well, I am interested in networking with other ...
- Daniel W said Paul M: US Law does not recognize marriage as marr...
- Mike said The feeding of the four thousand not only echoes o...
- Daniel W said robtbrown and vincents: St More had no problem wit...
- The Masked Chicken said I’m back from the bus trip. I have no idea...
- JayDeee said We also got an excellent homily on speaking the tr...
- Nightcrawler said We got a new priest today. He reminded us that we...
- jameeka said It seems to me, it is wartime.
- TX Bishop: Catholics Must Defy Same-Sex Marriage Laws | The Catholic Beat said […] For a collection of bishops’ respo...
- MONDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit said […] Anne, Catholic Stand Just How Evil Is So...
- zag4christ said Today at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, the...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Well, in today’s homily, Father managed to c...
- Pcito said My vicar and I baptize an average of 600 children...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: reading edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Benedictines
The marvelous monks of Norcia, Italy, have a job opening for a Director of Communications.
Wow. It’s a new era of the world when a monastery needs a director of communications. Once upon a time, monks reached out to the world … Continue reading
Here is some great news. The wonderful Benedictine Monks in Norcia, Italy (they make the best beer you may ever have), are releasing a new Gregorian Chant CD on 2 June. It is available for pre-sale now.
It is dedicated to … Continue reading
I received some great news today. The Benedictine monks in Norcia, Italy have finished recording some 30 tracks for a forthcoming music CD of Gregorian Chant.
The target time for release is early June 2015.
I will post links as soon … Continue reading
When I have posted about good causes that need support (read: money) you readers have always been prompt and generous.
Were every reader of this blog to give up buying their coffee or a sandwich today and make a donation… on … Continue reading
The fruits of Vatican II continue to enrich our lives.
From Clerical Whispers:
Oldest Benedictine convent in United States to close
The members of the oldest Benedictine convent in the United States have decided to close their convent, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. St. Joseph Monastery in … Continue reading
Sometimes people ask me for ideas about good groups to whom they can donate money, especially at this time of the year.
First, please use my donation button! That’s the only way this blog can exist. There is a donation button on … Continue reading
Good story from the STrib.
Blue Cloud Abbey monastery sold to group of Catholic buyers from South Dakota and Minnesota
Article by: CARSON WALKER , Associated Press
Updated: November 20, 2013 – 6:50 PM
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Six Catholic couples from … Continue reading
Here’s one for the Just Too Cool file.
The Benedictines in Norcia (ancient Nursia), whom I mention with some frequency here (they post their chanted monastic hours online), have inaugurated their new beer. A friend who is involved with them … Continue reading
I think the Benedictine monks at Norcia are wonderful.
They revived the Benedictine tradition, in a traditional way, in the place where St. Benedict is said to have been born. They make available, on demand, recordings of some of their sung … Continue reading