Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Magash said The John Jay study took great pains NOT to explain...
- Pax--tecum said Wow, that’s an improvement. Lovely! “S...
- Mojoron said It’s maybe time to place stipulations on the...
- A.D. said Prayers for a quick miracle of healing, Father. H...
- wmeyer said Praying for you.
- Priam1184 said This stuff is as bad as heroin, and actually proba...
- jfk03 said Pornography is a terrible scourge, infecting even...
- Filumene said Can’t wait to read it. Does the heart so mu...
- tcreek said An unexplored problem – How many existing pr...
- Mike said Bishop Loverde’s counsel is well worth readi...
- Mike said Popup in IE 11 on Windows 7 worked without a hitch...
- Mike said The faithful of the Diocese of Madison — and...
- Colette said Hope you’re feeling better today Father! Thr...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: I’m not really a fan of reservati...
- Mike said Immaculate Mary, health of the sick and help of Ch...
- mschu528 said His Excellency is in the chapel of the Bp O’...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- guans said For the sake of His sorrowful passion, Have mercy...
- hokiemom said Praying for you, hope you feel better this morning...
- Rachel K said Doesn’t St. Peter’s have a high altar...
- Polycarp said Praying for you. I hope you feel much better soon!
- Rachel K said MikeM221 thanks for the link to the close up of t...
- OrthodoxChick said I have a very arduous chore to tackle today, which...
- bookworm said I recently read “A Canticle for Leibowitz...
- Liz said We are praying for you, Father. I hope you get bet...
- xavier217 said Prayers for your health and ministry.
- lisebaur said I am listening with my teenage sons and I’ve...
- marypatricia said Praying.
- benedetta said Praying you are feeling better this morning.
- Legisperitus said I wonder what church he is standing in. Hope it...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Biological Solution
I have written a few times about the priest in the Diocese of Brentwood, UK, a man of a certain age who – inexplicably – was in charge of the diocesan liturgy office, who sent a letter to The Tablet … Continue reading
Some veteran readers here know about my annual rant about BLUE vestments during Advent. Lest all other Advent considerations – such as the coming of the Lord – be overshadowed, herein I rant.
I believe this dopey liturgical abuse is fading … Continue reading
From a reader:
In my diocese there are a small number of seminarians who wish to wear their cassock after their first year of study at the seminary. They have approached the bishop and rector about doing so, but both have refused to grant … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter has an online piece about a new group for ultra-liberal priests called the Association of U.S. Catholic Priests. The group is comprised of self-described “Vatican II priests”. In 2012, 240 people showed up for a meeting … Continue reading
Over at Views From The Choir Loft there is a good post about music, and Latin, and our heritage in the Latin Church. The writer is Dr. Peter Kwasniewski who teaches at Wyoming Catholic College.
Vatican II says that “care should be … Continue reading
I recently posted about Sr. Joan Chittister and the Council of Elders. HERE.
Judging from my email feedback about that post, I realize that many of my visitors have never heard of the Council of Elders. Many would never have heard … Continue reading
A deeper sense of decorum is needed in our worship.
The older form of Holy Mass of the Roman Rite, the Usus Antiquior, must return – and will return – in strength. Recovery of the older form will exert a “gravitational … Continue reading
Over at American Catholic my friend The Motley Monk saved me some time and effort by providing a good look at the increasingly irrelevant and yet always disappointing Richard McBrien, dissenter and retired ailing prof at Notre Dame.
McBrien, who still … Continue reading
When I first came to Rome, lo those decades ago, it was nearly impossible to find any beautiful sacred vessel in the shops. Market forces, however, have shifted inventories decisively away from the hideous globs of who-knows-what gray metal … Continue reading
Brick by brick… college by college…
From a reader:
Thought you might like to know that Franciscan University just celebrated its first Solemn High Mass for the patronal feast of Christ the King (for Christ the King Chapel). I know that a … Continue reading