Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! I do love being Catholic, the Chur...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. Waugh’s book is charming, he...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- JonPatrick said Probably makes more sense to spend the money on ha...
- Bea said It’s God’s Call. In this noisy/app-fil...
- Navarricano said Blind luck? Nope. Providence. I tend toward the...
- Bea said That and global warming. If it comes, it comes. Wh...
- MouseTemplar said Wait a minute. Perhaps they are Pelicans! Christol...
- Sword40 said Hey, Shin, I was going to say the same thing. I wa...
- boxerpaws1952 said Kerry, now that i’ve thought about it for a...
- boxerpaws1952 said Donate,drink coffee and go to confession. Love the...
- donato2 said Has anyone else noticed that the Telegraph article...
- guans said Speaking of birds! Check out mama and her 3 babies...
- Philippa Martyr said faithandfamily, you’re right. My parents ha...
- Philippa Martyr said Don’t forget to pray for people who already...
- acardnal said “WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!” Yup.
- Philippa Martyr said We have a perfectly splendid parish priest who I b...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Umberto Benigni’s 1912 Catholic Encyclopedia...
- PadreOP said A real story…this happened at a parish in su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Are wishes in an Octave ever belated? In any case,...
- profling said With the decline of Catholic education once mainta...
- MattW said Well, on the bright side, we won’t have to w...
- Liam said Behold the Pink Flamingo Chasuble! Preferred vestm...
- Mike said I was talking about the blood moon the other day,...
- shin said That’s one nice looking pear!
- shin said Boy Father Z., you sure murdered ‘espaliered...
- majuscule said I hope no one complains that these things should h...
- Kerry said The O-administration is a killer asteroid.
- adeacon said The Cloisters is an amazing place to visit. The bu...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: birds
It seems to me such a slow news day that I should… I dunno… tell jokes or maybe post a picture of some birds.
Technorati Tags: angry birds, birds
There was a great sun dog which I was able recently to enjoy.
Today I saw a lone Common Redpoll! They haven’t been around for a couple years.
It is nice to see a new visitor from time to time.
You can help … Continue reading
Some shots from the Feeder.
The Chickadees were on a cruise, I think. They are back now, and in large numbers.
I don’t know how they get those sunflower seeds open, but they do.
Still life with flying life.
You can tell it is … Continue reading
I have finally received proof that birds really are modern dinosaurs.
A reader sent me this photo.
Technorati Tags: birds, dinosaurs
Z-Cam & Radio Sabina, or “Fr Z TV” is on the air most of the time!
Because of a special prayer intention right now I have just entirely Latin chaplets of the Rosary followed by the Litany of Loreto and also … Continue reading
It has been a while since I have posted about the feeder.
During a recent cold snap, this Chickadee puffed up to keep in the heat.
Many thanks to readers who contributed with donations. During a recent sale I was able to … Continue reading
It is cooooold here and all the visitors are doing their puff-ball imitation. They fluff up their feathers to hold in their body heat.
They need a lot to eat in this sort of weather, and they are eating!
As I … Continue reading
Z-Cam & Radio Sabina,I haven’t posted about the feeder lately.
Here are a few of the latest shots.
It is cold and snowy here. As a result the birds are eating a great deal.
When don’t they eat a lot?
There are lots of … Continue reading
Z-Cam & Radio Sabina, or “Fr Z TV”.
I don’t control the ads. Sorry. I use Adblock Plus for Firefox, which works just fine!
The stream might get cut off from time to time and I can’t monitor it all the time.
I … Continue reading