HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- BrionyB: I have never seen multiple Masses said like that – but it occurs to me that priests saying the EF Mass could not be further from “doi ng their own thing̶ 1;. Also, the more...
- Diana: LOL!
- tho: In 2005 I walked with The Remnant group on that pilgrimage . Without a doubt, it was the most uplifting experience that I have ever had. I was surrounded by the most caring, humble, devout and...
- robtbrown: Geoffrey, I have to wonder whether you have ever been present when many low masses are being said at once. The first time I ever saw it was at Fontgombau lt in 1972. I don’ t think...
- semperficatholic: Libs = whatever floats their boat.
- rhhenry: Slightly off-topic regarding the painting: Can anyone help me to understand the joined thumb and forefinger being made at least three times in the painting (lower left, lower right, and...
- Kevin: Thank you very much for your response. I will indeed follow your advice.
- Riddley: Interestin g stuff! I don’ t know anything about charismati c Catholicis m and haven̵ 7;t encountere d it in the flesh – anyone know a good primer on it?
- iamlucky13: An important part of his story was the recognitio n that devoted Catholic need not be – and I think actually seldom is – elitist, backwards, joyless, or uncharitab le....
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Ralph Martin, NOT James Martin, SJ!!!!
- Patrick71: I recommend a visit to the beautiful Cathedral of St. Joseph in downtown Wheeling.
- Fr_Andrew: Being the ossified manualist that I am, might I take one slight issue with what you’ ve said (while not disagreein g with your conclusion ). I would object to taking of stipe...
- L.: mrs wu, I agree that Father Grassi is excellent- he seems to believe and teach what the Church believes and teaches, and he appears not to favor liturgical frivolity. This explains why he was...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Hasn’t it always been a Protestant calumny against the Church that she is ruled absolutely , arbitraril y and capricious ly by the Pope? I guess the Rosica Claim implici...
- Uxixu: “Ele cted officials will be answerable to God for their acts and omissions. As will bishops. And cardinals. ” Bingo! Perfectly stated summary and conclusion .
- Uxixu: I like the idea of concelebra tion with the bishop. I detest it in the parish environmen t where all the concelebra nts sit like at my diocesan parish where they have 4 priests and 3 deacons...
- Uxixu: That’ ;s a humble priest. If only he would say it publicly to his parish. [“If only… ;” ?!?! Did he? Didn’ ;t he? You don’ t know. Why phrase it that way?]
- ArthurH: It’s sorta a “mob ius strip̶ 1; kind of actionR 11;epexege tical, almost :) :), where a thing is what it is about: Where a priest makes a bizarre statement defend...
- Discerning Altar Boy: Listening to Dr. Hahn lecture on any topic is no-doubt worth the price of admission alone.
- Semper Gumby: Freedom must constantly be won over for the cause of good. – Benedict XVI Freedom that lacks moral truth becomes its own worst enemy. – George Weigel Why has evil been...
- carndt: Almost done reading,”T he Shadow of His Wings” the true story of Fr. Gereon Goldman, OFM. The miracles of the Triune God is all through this book. A must read. The Church can over come evil...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: I’m trying to wrap my mind about this: he DEFENDED Pope Francis, and SUPPORTED His Holiness 8217; way of governing by quoting (accidenta lly?) a laicized priest who...
- carndt: Offered to pay for my local pastor to attend. Said he couldn’t attend right now. Some TLM would do him good.
- Geoffrey: “The exchange between Traditiona lism and the Catholic Charismati c Renewal”. Very interestin g.
- arga: Aside from the pope himself and his declaratio ns, nothing has revealed more about the character of this papacy than the sorts of people he has appointed and closely associated himself with.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Bl. John Paul II
I picked this quote up from a piece by my friend Fr. George Rutler, who recently wrote about “obsessing”. There are those who would stifle the Pro-Life cause by calling it a single-issue obsession. Few would say that about the … Continue reading
One news source I saw this morning says that the theologians who are consultants for the Congregation for Causes of Saints have put their stamp of approval on a second miracle for Bl. John Paul II. Without going into details … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli reports at Vatican Insider: The Vatican doctors approve the miracle to make Wojtyla a saint “A saint now!” The canonisation of Wojtyla is getting closer quickly and it could be celebrated next October. In fact, in the past … Continue reading
At Rome’s main train station today, the Stazione Termini, there was unveiled a 5 meter high bronze statue of Bl. John Paul. What do you think of this statue? Romans are divided, but not equally divided. [wp_youtube]_QPxfoLx1SQ[/wp_youtube] Chose your answer … Continue reading
John Paul believed that the Blessed Mother, on her feast day as Our Lady of Fatima, saved his life. 30 years ago today. The moment of the shot was 1717 Rome time, 1317 EDT.
On the site of the American Spectator my friend the great Samuel Gregg, of Acton Institute, has a piece about Pope Benedict which I bring to your attention with my emphases and comments. Benedict XVI: In No One’s Shadow By … Continue reading
I found this on Spirit Daily which doesn’t link here nearly often enough This is an article entitled Bl. John Paul’s former personal secretary, Stanislaw Card. Dziwisz, now Archbishop of Krakow, spoke of two times the late Pope got angry. … Continue reading
I found this on Fallible Blogma. I want to add a note. One of the things we were reminded of during the pontificate of Bl. John Paul II was that we are our bodies. His “theology of the body” served … Continue reading
The NCFishwrap’s editor is advertising a hit piece in The Irish Times: Hans Kung’s reaction to the Beatification of Bl. John Paul II A sample with my emphases: […] In an interview last weekend with German daily the Frankfurter Rundschau … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for the beatification: “turning back with the strength of a titan – a strength which came to him from God – a tide which appeared irreversible”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the beatification of Bl. John Paul II. Benedict XVI does not do many beatifications. He has delegated them to others, for the sake of underscoring that a beatification is not an infallible act. We join … Continue reading
The Latin texts of the Office for Bl. John Paul II for the Liturgia Horarum are now posted on the Vatican website. Latin English
There is a very smart post over at The Sensible Bond. He deals with the beatification and the Assisi meeting and the important question of what ecumenism is. My usual treatment is applied. Blogging from the geopolitical epicentre of the … Continue reading
When a person is beatified their “cult” or the public liturgical observance of the person is normally restricted to the place most closely associated with the blessed’s life and work or the blessed’s religious institute, if a member. The liturgical … Continue reading