HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Legisperitus: Bob B.: I think what Bishop Barron was getting at is the fact that Satan is not an “equ al but opposite 8221; force to God, as is presented in some kind of Manichean or...
- pjsandstrom: Considerin g the question of which way to face during the Eucharisti c Prayer, it is necessary to remember the dialogue at the beginning of the Prayer. “Sur sum Corda̶ 1; and...
- Fr_Sotelo: While visiting a priest friend in Phoenix some years ago, I was introduced to the pastor of the parish, who happened to be “Fr. James Wall” ; at the time. It was a large...
- Charivari Rob: …Fir st, the canard of celebratin g with “back to the people” has been debunked for a long time. At the best, the image is shallow. .. . This topic seems to recur and recur in...
- Cincture: Prayers to your reader and their growing community. Might also inquire at http://www .usedchurc hitems.com / located in Pittsburgh , PA.
- rbbadger: Not long after becoming Catholic, I stumbled across old liturgical books in the University of Utah Library. I am a convert from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (otherw...
- rbbadger: I am a priest of the Diocese of Gallup. We are one of the poorest dioceses in the country, given that we have one of the largest population s of Native Americans of any diocese. To see a...
- MargoRose: Well you know you’ re doing something right when the Fishwrap attacks you. I’m beyond blessed to have a FSSP parish near me and for the two FSSP priests come say the Extrao...
- cpdog: To the tune of “Hon esty” ; by Billy Joel. If you search for Jesuits They’ ;re not too hard to find And for that Pope Pius is to blame But if you look at Holy Writ It might...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the Patristic Rosary Project. RK3: So, you had a bad experience at the DMV…
- monstrance: My parish priest switched back to ad orientem a few years ago and never looked back – no pun intended. I noticed some parishes are doing both orientatio ns – even with the...
- Mike: Ker’s Bio on Blessed Newman.
- iamlucky13: “For while the rubrics of Mass do allow for options — for legitimate diversity — this doesn̵ 7;t mean that the celebratio n of Mass from one parish to another … should...
- Gaetano: People don’t understand how radically ad orientam Eastern Catholics are. Portions of the Armenian Divine Liturgy are celebrated behind a closed curtain!
- hilltop: Good Father I predict that in decades to come the great cartoon that you occasional ly bring out (as you do here) will require fewer and fewer congregant s in the lower picture 230;
- ChrisP: I for one don’ t want another Clement XIV. He was bullied and harassed by the vicious anti-Catho lic, secular Protestant sentiment of the the and by the corrupt Bourbon leadership ,...
- jaykay: Gaetano: indeed! I wonder what they’ ;d make of an Iconostasi s, and the gorgeous, reverent, ceremony of Orthodox Liturgy? Not only does the Priest “hav e his back” ; to the...
- Markus: mepoindext er, According to the Catholic Extension website, the majority of the diocese in the US are classified as “mis sion diocese. 8221; 87 of them.
- Chaswjd: I have always found it fascinatin g that some priests of a certain age will leave the sanctuary, turn around, join hands with congregant s, face the altar and pray the Our Father yet will...
- Gaetano: After attending the Divine Liturgy in several Eastern Catholic Churches, ad orientam clearly makes sense. Sometimes one must step outside their liturgical tradition to understand as...
- LeeGilbert: To me, at least, it’s kind of stupefying that you haven̵ 7;t put out the Patristic Rosary Project as both print and ebook through AmazonR 17;s KDP. Surely you’ ve...
- mepoindexter: It’s my understand ing that the Diocese of Gallup is a mission diocese. I thought we were supposed to extend a certain “sol idarity 221; to those on the peripherie s....
- Lurker 59: This needs to be connected to Fr. Reese̵ 7;s sj, article, also in the Fishwrap. The liturgical theology, AS EXPERIENCE D, during a great many OF versus populum, is definitely that of...
- Unwilling: lgreen 515, Suburbanba nshee said all that is necessary. But as a fellow convert I would add to the parenthesi s that, in early stages of conversion , it is not unusual to receive...
- Amerikaner: Good Catholic sites need to keep Vigano on the radar for readers. Otherwise he’l l continue to be swept aside. Keep his name out there and what he’s requested. Keep the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Bl. John Paul II
I picked this quote up from a piece by my friend Fr. George Rutler, who recently wrote about “obsessing”. There are those who would stifle the Pro-Life cause by calling it a single-issue obsession. Few would say that about the … Continue reading
One news source I saw this morning says that the theologians who are consultants for the Congregation for Causes of Saints have put their stamp of approval on a second miracle for Bl. John Paul II. Without going into details … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli reports at Vatican Insider: The Vatican doctors approve the miracle to make Wojtyla a saint “A saint now!” The canonisation of Wojtyla is getting closer quickly and it could be celebrated next October. In fact, in the past … Continue reading
At Rome’s main train station today, the Stazione Termini, there was unveiled a 5 meter high bronze statue of Bl. John Paul. What do you think of this statue? Romans are divided, but not equally divided. [wp_youtube]_QPxfoLx1SQ[/wp_youtube] Chose your answer … Continue reading
John Paul believed that the Blessed Mother, on her feast day as Our Lady of Fatima, saved his life. 30 years ago today. The moment of the shot was 1717 Rome time, 1317 EDT.
On the site of the American Spectator my friend the great Samuel Gregg, of Acton Institute, has a piece about Pope Benedict which I bring to your attention with my emphases and comments. Benedict XVI: In No One’s Shadow By … Continue reading
I found this on Spirit Daily which doesn’t link here nearly often enough This is an article entitled Bl. John Paul’s former personal secretary, Stanislaw Card. Dziwisz, now Archbishop of Krakow, spoke of two times the late Pope got angry. … Continue reading
I found this on Fallible Blogma. I want to add a note. One of the things we were reminded of during the pontificate of Bl. John Paul II was that we are our bodies. His “theology of the body” served … Continue reading
The NCFishwrap’s editor is advertising a hit piece in The Irish Times: Hans Kung’s reaction to the Beatification of Bl. John Paul II A sample with my emphases: […] In an interview last weekend with German daily the Frankfurter Rundschau … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for the beatification: “turning back with the strength of a titan – a strength which came to him from God – a tide which appeared irreversible”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the beatification of Bl. John Paul II. Benedict XVI does not do many beatifications. He has delegated them to others, for the sake of underscoring that a beatification is not an infallible act. We join … Continue reading
The Latin texts of the Office for Bl. John Paul II for the Liturgia Horarum are now posted on the Vatican website. Latin English
There is a very smart post over at The Sensible Bond. He deals with the beatification and the Assisi meeting and the important question of what ecumenism is. My usual treatment is applied. Blogging from the geopolitical epicentre of the … Continue reading
When a person is beatified their “cult” or the public liturgical observance of the person is normally restricted to the place most closely associated with the blessed’s life and work or the blessed’s religious institute, if a member. The liturgical … Continue reading