HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charivari Rob: …Fir st, the canard of celebratin g with “back to the people” has been debunked for a long time. At the best, the image is shallow. .. . This topic seems to recur and recur in...
- Cincture: Prayers to your reader and their growing community. Might also inquire at http://www .usedchurc hitems.com / located in Pittsburgh , PA.
- rbbadger: Not long after becoming Catholic, I stumbled across old liturgical books in the University of Utah Library. I am a convert from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (otherw...
- rbbadger: I am a priest of the Diocese of Gallup. We are one of the poorest dioceses in the country, given that we have one of the largest population s of Native Americans of any diocese. To see a...
- cpdog: To the tune of “Hon esty” ; by Billy Joel. If you search for Jesuits They’ ;re not too hard to find And for that Pope Pius is to blame But if you look at Holy Writ It might...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the Patristic Rosary Project. RK3: So, you had a bad experience at the DMV…
- monstrance: My parish priest switched back to ad orientem a few years ago and never looked back – no pun intended. I noticed some parishes are doing both orientatio ns – even with the...
- Mike: Ker’s Bio on Blessed Newman.
- iamlucky13: “For while the rubrics of Mass do allow for options — for legitimate diversity — this doesn̵ 7;t mean that the celebratio n of Mass from one parish to another … should...
- Gaetano: People don’t understand how radically ad orientam Eastern Catholics are. Portions of the Armenian Divine Liturgy are celebrated behind a closed curtain!
- hilltop: Good Father I predict that in decades to come the great cartoon that you occasional ly bring out (as you do here) will require fewer and fewer congregant s in the lower picture 230;
- ChrisP: I for one don’ t want another Clement XIV. He was bullied and harassed by the vicious anti-Catho lic, secular Protestant sentiment of the the and by the corrupt Bourbon leadership ,...
- jaykay: Gaetano: indeed! I wonder what they’ ;d make of an Iconostasi s, and the gorgeous, reverent, ceremony of Orthodox Liturgy? Not only does the Priest “hav e his back” ; to the...
- Markus: mepoindext er, According to the Catholic Extension website, the majority of the diocese in the US are classified as “mis sion diocese. 8221; 87 of them.
- Chaswjd: I have always found it fascinatin g that some priests of a certain age will leave the sanctuary, turn around, join hands with congregant s, face the altar and pray the Our Father yet will...
- Gaetano: After attending the Divine Liturgy in several Eastern Catholic Churches, ad orientam clearly makes sense. Sometimes one must step outside their liturgical tradition to understand as...
- LeeGilbert: To me, at least, it’s kind of stupefying that you haven̵ 7;t put out the Patristic Rosary Project as both print and ebook through AmazonR 17;s KDP. Surely you’ ve...
- mepoindexter: It’s my understand ing that the Diocese of Gallup is a mission diocese. I thought we were supposed to extend a certain “sol idarity 221; to those on the peripherie s....
- Lurker 59: This needs to be connected to Fr. Reese̵ 7;s sj, article, also in the Fishwrap. The liturgical theology, AS EXPERIENCE D, during a great many OF versus populum, is definitely that of...
- Unwilling: lgreen 515, Suburbanba nshee said all that is necessary. But as a fellow convert I would add to the parenthesi s that, in early stages of conversion , it is not unusual to receive...
- Amerikaner: Good Catholic sites need to keep Vigano on the radar for readers. Otherwise he’l l continue to be swept aside. Keep his name out there and what he’s requested. Keep the...
- hwriggles4: It seems that this way of thinking “the devi as a symbol ” is related to how a large segment of the population doesn̵ 7;t believe in the existence of “he double...
- APX: Teomatteo, A relatively competent person can measure and sew a housling cloth. It need not be fancy with lace and what have you. Linen is expensive, though, so be ingenious in your use of it.
- Skeinster: One of my “con version novelsR 21;, along with “The Cardinal 8221;, “In This House of Brede̶ 1;, “The Dry Wood” ;, and “The World, the Flesh...
- JonPatrick: The devil “exists as the personific ation of evil in different structures ”. Sounds a bit like the tendency today to blame “str uctures 221; rather than sinful individual s for...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: blasphemy
I now have quite a few emails in my box about the fashion “gala”… “gay-la”?… in NYC inspired by ecclesiastical dress of all kind, aided and abetted by “the Vatican”. It was a night that would have made any Jesuit … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 March: A friend at Holy Cross wrote: Thanks for posting on the Holy Cross blasphemy. A clarification: Elinor Reilly, the courageous student who exposed Liew’s publications in a “Fenwick Review” article (the paper was founded by Fr. Paul … Continue reading
UPDATE: It seems that there is a conflicting report about this dance. It is also said to be a flash mob organized for Children with Cancer Day, or similar. HERE I like the other version better, but if it isn’t … Continue reading
From Breitbart: Danish Man who Set Fire to Quran Charged with Blasphemy A man who burned the Islamic holy book in his backyard has been charged with blasphemy, in a move his lawyer speculates was driven by fear of Muslim … Continue reading
The moderation queue is definitely ON for this one. Initial notes. Blasphemy involves words or gestures, also thoughts, which show contempt for God or dishonor God regardless of whether the person intends that contempt or dishonor or not. Blasphemy is … Continue reading
Tonight at St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, minutes to the west of downtown Madison, we had a Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption (the parish’s patronal feast), which I offered in reparation for sacrilege and blasphemy, especially that … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption, there will be a Solemn Mass at 7 PM at St. Mary’s Church in Pine Bluff, just a few minutes to the west of Madison. This Mass, while not to fulfill the obligation (which was … Continue reading
I occasionally turn on a regular network TV station. My gorge rises and I flee back to books, cable news or DVDs. I understand that there is now a TV series called Lucifer. I won’t be seeing that one. However, … Continue reading
This is troubling. On the site of 20 Minutes, in French. My sender wrote: Reporters without border’s president, Christophe Deloire, on a national TV show sunday evening, said that his organization is working toward a declaration to be agreed … Continue reading
The other day some nitwits did something like a satanic “black mass” in city government facility of Oklahoma City. You know the controversy, so I won’t go over it here. I hope that the local Archbishop, Most Reverend Paul Coakley, … Continue reading
OLDIE PODCAzT: Pentecost Tuesday St John Paul on the unforgivable sin; O.L. of Fatima and the vision of Hell
Here is an item from the archives. It is dated, but enjoy!
This post by Ed Peters expresses closely my own view. Since he has done the heavy lifting at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, go HERE. Visit his place and take a look around. Sarah Palin’s remark warrants … Continue reading
Can I get your take on this one? I am not going to include images. They would just invite comments all by themselves. Keep in mind that the “blech factor” is going to be pretty high in this article. From … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, … First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama. This was … Continue reading
I am involved in a conference but some of you can drill into what happened. I received this by email. Pro-abortion protesters storm Quebec church chanting, ‘If Mary had aborted, we wouldn’t have this nonsense’ GRANBY, Quebec, October 12, 2012 … Continue reading