Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Vincent1967: I was horrified to see this. I cannot believe that diplomatic niceties trump the defence of the absolute dignity of every human being from conception until natural death. I donR...
- Mat. Anna: These are non-Chalce donions, not Orthodox, just for anyone here who might be confused. [So, even less significan t.] This has been recently addressed in the Orthodox Church: http://...
- tamranthor: For those who would excuse this “hon or” by calling it diplomacy, the Holy See has no business doing business as usual, i.e. secularly. Yes, the Vatican is a City-State ,...
- Imrahil: Dear JonPatrick , the thing is that when Hitler did open war after it had been prolongued by appeasemen t, 1. it was proven as obvious that you couldnR 17;t have peace with Hitler....
- gaudete: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with Ploume...
- Ave Maria: I have been told that exorcized blessed bells expel the demons in the air. No wonder those of the infidel want them silenced. And as to honoring an abortion supporter& #8230;and an...
- Eugene: I do not recognize the church I was baptized into and adhered to for my life anymore, I am so sick of all these sick happenings . Truly there is an agenda, and its not so hidden anymore. I...
- Fr Martin Fox: If you will forgive me, Father: it occurs to me that some may read this and be unclear on a precise point. Is a confession not valid if the penitent omits these aggravatin g circum...
- Fr Martin Fox: Regarding parish registrati on… My reading of Canon Law leads me to believe that no one is, strictly speaking, required to complete a parish registrati on. But it is a courte...
- Fr Martin Fox: Suburbanba nshee said: My hometown parish used to have a big map of the parish boundaries , in black and white, right up on the wall in the vestibule. So if people had any quest...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Europe is lost. I have written it off. Don’ t think things like what we’r e seeing today DIDN’ ;T happen in the centuries leading up to the Fall of Constan...
- Suburbanbanshee: Re: reading Aquinas, “it would seem to be” means “thi s is an objection which I am about to demolish, or which is only partially true/appli cable.R 21;
- fishonthehill: So true… ;. “the y will mock” ;! As one who often wears the cassock (which I do not view as traditiona l garb… ; just my everyday wear), I show up at a neighbo...
- jschicago: Father, How much do you think the shoes would cost? €195? I couldnR 17;t find any shoes on the site, but found that price in an article from doing a search, but the article was from...
- David L Alexander: I think the whole idea of papal honors or any bestowal of orders of knighthood has become corrupted. I’ve seen too many instances of people getting awards for little other...
- LarryW2LJ: ” The press office statement says that this award was part of a routine exchange of honors for diplomatic purposes during a state visit. Therefore, it has nothing to do with...
- Michael: St. Catherine of Genoa, ora pro nobis!
- Gregg the Obscure: Archdioces e of Denver is revising and publishing parish boundaries (main revision is using road names and county boundaries instead of surveyor 8217;s descriptio ns so average...
- JonPatrick: This made me think of how over the weekend we watched “Dar kest Hour” ; where newly minted Prime Minister Churchill is almost alone in being determined to stand up to the...
- rtjl: It is getting very difficult to prevent my thoughts from turning in the following direction& #8230;. The abominatio n of desolation stands revealed in the heart of the sanctuary as (adulte...
- ServusChristi: In addition to that, I hear Italian faithful are not allowed to pray the Rosary aloud lest it offend the follower of the Religion of Peace. Or maybe even Earth hour may not be...
- Riddley: Father, you’ ve recommende d a book about Islam and the “War on TerrorR 21; several times. Could you remind us what it was please, as it seems rather germane. [I’l l...
- chantgirl: While I find it easy to believe that some higher up sympathize s with Lilianne Ploumen 217;s abortion and contracept ion “wor k”, I also have to wonder if the award was...
- Philmont237: I spent six months in a Muslim country having to listen to the call to prayer from the loudspeake rs of a mosque right next door to my apartment building. Returning to Germany and...
- thomas tucker: So, I take it the same thing would apply to confessing the enjoyment of something like impure thoughts- would one have to specify that they were impure thoughts about adultery? What...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
- VIDEO about legendary Latinist Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD
- 2 Feb – Rosary To The Interior: For the Purification of the Church
- Travel Vestments Update
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: blasphemy
Danish Man who Set Fire to Quran Charged with Blasphemy
A man who burned the Islamic holy book in his backyard has been charged with blasphemy, in a move his lawyer speculates was driven by fear of Muslim extremists. The … Continue reading
The moderation queue is definitely ON for this one.
Blasphemy involves words or gestures, also thoughts, which show contempt for God or dishonor God regardless of whether the person intends that contempt or dishonor or not. Blasphemy is against the … Continue reading
Tonight at St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, minutes to the west of downtown Madison, we had a Solemn Mass for the Feast of the Assumption (the parish’s patronal feast), which I offered in reparation for sacrilege and blasphemy, especially that … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption, there will be a Solemn Mass at 7 PM at St. Mary’s Church in Pine Bluff, just a few minutes to the west of Madison.
This Mass, while not to fulfill the obligation (which was dispensed), … Continue reading
I occasionally turn on a regular network TV station. My gorge rises and I flee back to books, cable news or DVDs.
I understand that there is now a TV series called Lucifer. I won’t be seeing that one.
However, a priest … Continue reading
This is troubling. On the site of 20 Minutes, in French. My sender wrote:
Reporters without border’s president, Christophe Deloire, on a national TV show sunday evening, said that his organization is working toward a declaration to be agreed upon … Continue reading
The other day some nitwits did something like a satanic “black mass” in city government facility of Oklahoma City. You know the controversy, so I won’t go over it here.
I hope that the local Archbishop, Most Reverend Paul Coakley, will … Continue reading
OLDIE PODCAzT: Pentecost Tuesday St John Paul on the unforgivable sin; O.L. of Fatima and the vision of Hell
Here is an item from the archives. It is dated, but enjoy!
As I wrote then…
Today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost, or at least it ought to be in in the Novus Ordo as it is in the older, … Continue reading
This post by Ed Peters expresses closely my own view. Since he has done the heavy lifting at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, go HERE. Visit his place and take a look around.
Sarah Palin’s … Continue reading
Can I get your take on this one?
I am not going to include images. They would just invite comments all by themselves.
Keep in mind that the “blech factor” is going to be pretty high in this article.
From the Daily Mail:
‘What … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
I am involved in a conference but some of you can drill into what happened.
I received this by email.
Pro-abortion protesters storm Quebec church chanting, ‘If Mary had aborted, we wouldn’t have this nonsense’
GRANBY, Quebec, October 12, 2012
Jesus was mocked as … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. Z I’m struggling to wrap my head around what the point of going to Mass if we’re not in the state of sanctifying grace.
My understanding is when we fall from grace, any good works we do merit … Continue reading
Today in the Ordinary Form calendar it is the feast of St. John Chrysostom (+407).
I would guide your attention to a little attended to Letter of Pope Benedict XVI about St. John Chrysostom. I wrote about it here.
Also, I will … Continue reading