Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Genna said Congregations at my parish still divided into fami...
- Chon said Mass attendance seems about the same here. I haven...
- jacobi said What Francis has done is to make ordinary orthodox...
- Bea said There are 2 parishes in our town. Ours (the more t...
- Traductora said While the Eucharistic Minister types and other suc...
- nola catholic said Is this Fr. Paul Mankowski, S.J. the same as wrote...
- JMody said First, we have a parish that seems to fill the bui...
- zag4christ said I want to apologize for the what I have come to se...
- Thorfinn said The biggest change seems to be not among Catholics...
- disco said I actually have noticed an increase in attendance...
- J_Cathelineau said In my parish the age average is increasing and the...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said It turned out to be very hard to do what I thought...
- Mojoron said Reincarnate JPII or bring back BXVI. I’m sca...
- jfk03 said No “Francis effect” based on my limite...
- mysticalrose said I have witnessed no Francis effect. The primary re...
- HeatherPA said I second the notion that the only gushing praise I...
- djc said I actually think Catholics are more united which i...
- Fr. W said The priests I know in the Chicago area have expres...
- Dominicanes said My father, an Italian who rarely went to Mass but...
- OrthodoxChick said I live in the same general area as Kathleen10, whi...
- Mike said On the surface, not much has changed in my parish...
- cregduff said I feel compelled to say something about this post....
- FrG said I voted three hours. Can we have a three hour fast...
- APX said I think getting rid of EMHCs, CITH and bringing ba...
- jhayes said The Pew report is HERE...
- Priam1184 said If there is any change in Mass attendance it is in...
- JesusFreak84 said My area is unchanged since the Pontificate of JPII...
- BenFischer said I’m in Dallas. I have noticed much differen...
- jhayes said Here are some other comments from Pew: Increased e...
- sunnyside said I have seen a definitive increase in mass attendan...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Blessed Sacrament
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you.
“Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament”
Monsignor Charles M. Mangan
1. Attend Holy Mass on Sundays … Continue reading
From a reader…
Dear Father, I serve regularly at a large shrine which attracts vast numbers of non Catholics. Several of us have to be ‘on guard’ on Sundays to ensure that (mostly Hindu) friends of Catholics or just visitors don’t … Continue reading
From a reader:
Why is it inappropriate to leave the Blessed Sacrament alone when exposed in a monstrance (e.g. Adoration Chapels must have at least one adorer at all times), but appropriate to do so when it is replaced in the … Continue reading
From a reader:
When I was in grade school (1990′s), I was taught by a very devout teacher that one should genuflect (kneel?) on both knees with a slight bow of the head when entering/leaving the pew during adoration of the … Continue reading
From a reader:
The GIRM instructs that during mass no genuflections are to be made toward the tabernacle for the priest, the deacon and the ministers.
Are the ministers the altar boys, or just the instituted lector and the acolyte? Is it … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have an adoration chapel nearby that presents the Blessed Sacrament in a beautiful tabernacle / monstrance with a hinged door that opens to showcase the Consecrated Host. It is behind a small altar on a raised, sanctuary-like … Continue reading
From a reader:
In recent days, I have heard it said a couple of times that praying the Stations of the Cross (in common) during Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is not allowed. Is that true? Where is such a directive … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, from a reader:
I thought you might be interested to know about something that one of the altar boys did after Mass today – I know I was impressed!
We had a visiting priest at our … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, what is proper procedure when someone walks up, receives the Eucharist in the hand (BTW, this is the best reason for forcing receiving it by the mouth) and tries to walk out with It? Twice I have … Continue reading