Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Former Altar Boy said ” In 17 years of being a Catholic I have NEV...
- Elizabeth D said Grateful for the bird feeder update. If he is not...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said Speaking of kitties – the Lions beat the Pa...
- The Masked Chicken said Yes, Yes, Yes and blah, blah, blah (to quote Vala...
- robtbrown said Gretta, 1. My understanding is that positions o...
- Lin said “But marriage should be a key topic in catec...
- ckdexterhaven said I’m just waiting for a blogger to tell us to...
- Andrew D said Father Z, if you have time, I have a question for...
- Cordelio said I think that Dr. Peters’s 1996 article, R...
- anilwang said I disagree. Real women don’t wear baby cloth...
- Rachel K said Thorfinn says: “The root problem with the ab...
- Charles E Flynn said In case you missed this recent clarification: From...
- mrshopey said DYK that Hello Kitty is actually a little girl dre...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I think you are right. Not that pecking aw...
- John of Chicago said Da Bears vs the Jets tonight; God’s in His H...
- The Cobbler said Nicholas, I believe Fr. Z is writing from either o...
- gretta said I think you are right that dioceses should spend m...
- The Cobbler said To be honest, I think the people who used to liste...
- Unwilling said HeatherPA, my heart goes out to you. Mt 10:34ff. &...
- everett said Hopefully this is the first (and last) time in the...
- jmcj said “From this point onward…days will be i...
- roseannesullivan said Just as an aside, the framework for the canopy was...
- FruityPebbles said I wish Dr. Peters would blog more. I love his post...
- Titus said P.S. – I should note, in justice, that I am...
- roseannesullivan said Fr Z wrote, “We are seeing in our own day somethin...
- Titus said If a change was made away from it being a juridica...
- roseannesullivan said To answer some questions and respond to some previ...
- Phil_NL said For my grandmother, whose time on this earth might...
- The Cobbler said True story: My dad keeps saying he needs to photos...
- The Cobbler said The first workers were getting everything they nee...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Blessed Sacrament
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you.
“Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament”
Monsignor Charles M. Mangan
1. Attend Holy Mass on Sundays … Continue reading
From a reader…
Dear Father, I serve regularly at a large shrine which attracts vast numbers of non Catholics. Several of us have to be ‘on guard’ on Sundays to ensure that (mostly Hindu) friends of Catholics or just visitors don’t … Continue reading
From a reader:
Why is it inappropriate to leave the Blessed Sacrament alone when exposed in a monstrance (e.g. Adoration Chapels must have at least one adorer at all times), but appropriate to do so when it is replaced in the … Continue reading
From a reader:
When I was in grade school (1990′s), I was taught by a very devout teacher that one should genuflect (kneel?) on both knees with a slight bow of the head when entering/leaving the pew during adoration of the … Continue reading
From a reader:
The GIRM instructs that during mass no genuflections are to be made toward the tabernacle for the priest, the deacon and the ministers.
Are the ministers the altar boys, or just the instituted lector and the acolyte? Is it … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have an adoration chapel nearby that presents the Blessed Sacrament in a beautiful tabernacle / monstrance with a hinged door that opens to showcase the Consecrated Host. It is behind a small altar on a raised, sanctuary-like … Continue reading
From a reader:
In recent days, I have heard it said a couple of times that praying the Stations of the Cross (in common) during Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is not allowed. Is that true? Where is such a directive … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, from a reader:
I thought you might be interested to know about something that one of the altar boys did after Mass today – I know I was impressed!
We had a visiting priest at our … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, what is proper procedure when someone walks up, receives the Eucharist in the hand (BTW, this is the best reason for forcing receiving it by the mouth) and tries to walk out with It? Twice I have … Continue reading