HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- acardnal: Fr. Z wrote, “In particular , I will be interested to see how they work with priests who prefer to celebrate the TLM or who prefer not to concelebra te.” I suspect the agend...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I look forward to your reaction on this important point. Dr. Hahn is sometimes (often?) to be found at the 12 noon Sunday TLM at Saint Peter̵ 7;s in Steubenvil le.
- Semper Gumby: Blessed travels Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Great video. Fr. Wagner: “ 230;away from something casualR 30;to something lasting. 8221; Nothing Superfluou s is an illuminati ng explanatio n of church architectu re,...
- Anne C.: I had already watched this video, having followed Dr. Marshall on YouTube for some time. I have seen his comments here, so he must also “fol low” you!
- Gab: Safe travels, Father. I’ll be praying for you.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Kevin: I am hopeful. I don’ t go to things like this, as a rule. However, I’ve heard good things about past events. In particular , I will be interested to see how...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): So, beyond saving time, what are the additional reasons for the priest starting the absolution while the penitent is still making his act of contrition ?
- APX: As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for single all folks. whether they desire to live chaste lives or not. Society makes it extra difficult for them to do so. As...
- veritas vincit: Reading Deacon KandraR 17;s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor matter in the Church...
- Chuck4247: I attended an evening Mass at the local Cathedral. “I know that the 5:00 is normally our “vis itors̵ 7; Mass” ;, but thank you for being here on this 90-deg...
- veritas vincit: I would really be interested in this, if it weren̵ 7;t a 90+ minute video.
- Kevin: I am looking froward to your comments. I like a lot of things about the St. Paul Center so I am hoping their conference for Priests is meaningful .
- acardnal: I’m was reminded. . . going to Confession as a young boy prior to the Council, the priest would always say the absolution in Latin while I was saying the Act of Contrition in...
- SanSan: Yes, this was an excellent video. I shared with local priests and Catholics. Fr. Nix really has a strong calling which is much needed today.
- robtbrown: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages, classes and religions… all except white liberals who...
- David L Alexander: The tradition of abstaining from one’ s conjugal rights has a long history in the Church. In the East, married priests fast on the night before offering Sacrifice at Sunday...
- Fredi D'Alessio: Thank you to those who commented on the point I was trying to make. Unfortunat ely I completely failed to do so. As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for...
- Charles E Flynn: From Father Nix’ s Twitter account: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages,...
- Imrahil: That is tacitly assuming that once a month is the utmost for the most devout. Given that we laudably have gotten over that assumption … no longer recommende d. Not even recommende d....
- Fabiola80: That was awesome! I’ve been a traditiona l Catholic for as long as I can remember and I learned alot from that video. I’m going getting holy water in my home as soon as I can!
- APX: I have noticed a number of women who think nothing about discussing their conjugal lives openly and publicly on Facebook or in their groups at the table after Mass. It’s as if married people...
- JabbaPapa: I was mostly impressed yesterday that the Novus Ordo at our Parish was given in about 40% Latin and only 60% French, which is how the Council Fathers envisaged things, but I was struck...
- JonathanTX: The mentality of the Post-Conci lliar Church: tldf; too long, didn’ ;t fast.
- TonyO: if married people are bad examples to them? Just two examples: married couples (of all ages) speaking openly and often jokingly and irreverent ly about their sexual conduct when in the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
- A dowager of the catholic Left has get’s a dose of the Left’s own medicine.
- UK readers, especially priests, HELP!
- Francis’ projected restructuring of the Roman Curia – wow…just…. wow…
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Blessed Sacrament
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald print edition (not online), had a great piece by the renowned Newman scholar, Fr. Ian Ker about Newman’s conversion and the Real Presence in Catholic churches. Here it is in toto: ‘Awful … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I attend a local parish in a rural area that is a small mission church from a larger one 20 miles away. There is no daily Mass here, but the Blessed Sacrament is reserved in the Tabernacle during … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The attached strongly worded letter was in our bulletin today and it has left me greatly disturbed. In the past two weeks we have found Jesus left on the floor, not once, but twice. I am … Continue reading
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you. “Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament” Monsignor Charles M. Mangan 1. Attend Holy … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Father, I serve regularly at a large shrine which attracts vast numbers of non Catholics. Several of us have to be ‘on guard’ on Sundays to ensure that (mostly Hindu) friends of Catholics or just … Continue reading
From a reader: Why is it inappropriate to leave the Blessed Sacrament alone when exposed in a monstrance (e.g. Adoration Chapels must have at least one adorer at all times), but appropriate to do so when it is replaced in … Continue reading
From a reader: When I was in grade school (1990’s), I was taught by a very devout teacher that one should genuflect (kneel?) on both knees with a slight bow of the head when entering/leaving the pew during adoration of … Continue reading
From a reader: The GIRM instructs that during mass no genuflections are to be made toward the tabernacle for the priest, the deacon and the ministers. Are the ministers the altar boys, or just the instituted lector and the acolyte? … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration. The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. … Continue reading
From a reader: I have an adoration chapel nearby that presents the Blessed Sacrament in a beautiful tabernacle / monstrance with a hinged door that opens to showcase the Consecrated Host. It is behind a small altar on a raised, … Continue reading
From a reader: In recent days, I have heard it said a couple of times that praying the Stations of the Cross (in common) during Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is not allowed. Is that true? Where is such a … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, from a reader: I thought you might be interested to know about something that one of the altar boys did after Mass today – I know I was impressed! We had a visiting priest … Continue reading
From a reader: Father, what is proper procedure when someone walks up, receives the Eucharist in the hand (BTW, this is the best reason for forcing receiving it by the mouth) and tries to walk out with It? Twice I … Continue reading
Please watch this whole video before reacting. Then think about it for a few minutes before reacting. A Franciscan priest and a small group with him took it to the streets and staged a Eucharistic Flash Mob. [wp_youtube]cZ5aYoSr3Hg[/wp_youtube] What do … Continue reading