It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Jack007 said This the kind of ingenuity that America was ONCE f...
- The Egyptian said don’t worry incredulous, our beloved leader...
- AnnTherese said Three random thoughts after reading the Forbes art...
- Sliwka said My car is not stuck in the snow after some pushing...
- The Masked Chicken said “[Who knows as much about the Church as I kn...
- JesusFreak84 said I’ve seen this several times and it’s...
- incredulous said The leftist Bishops are doing great harm to our Ch...
- majuscule said That’s really neat!
- incredulous said It looks like the deathmobile float from Animal Ho...
- incredulous said This so effectively demonstrates just how tyrannic...
- Siculum said Father, I tried asking the following through the e...
- Kathleen10 said Hey there Grumpy Beggar, Happy Thanksgiving. Ge...
- Sonshine135 said Looks like the perfect stocking for some ammo! [Fr...
- Kirk O said Pnkn says: 27 November 2014 at 5:53 pm I read: ” E...
- Joe in Canada said How sad the world must be in which the author live...
- Sonshine135 said It is truly sad how people today have fallen into...
- Landless Laborer said The price of food commodities is intentionally dis...
- The Masked Chicken said I have very little to add to the comments, seeing...
- Venerator Sti Lot said With apologies: “misled” not “mi
- robtbrown said Egyptian says, Our ag policies and the socialist t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said FPhilip, Thank you for the additional commentary r...
- robtbrown said IMHO, a good rule for the Pope to follow in econom...
- The Egyptian said Thank all of you, you humble me with your undeserv...
- FPhilip said Venerator Sti Lot, The commentaries of the Navare...
- Grumpy Beggar said Kathleen10 says: 25 November 2014 at 11:21 am Gr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joy of the remaining hours of Thanksgiving to all...
- RJHighland said On this day of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank...
- JoseTomas said BTW, at the book signing, I dared to suggest him t...
- JoseTomas said Off Topic: I am just out of the conference deliver...
- Suburbanbanshee said I consulted my mom, whose aunt was a nun who acted...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- 2014 ADVENTCAzTs?
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
- Being a Bill can be hazardous during this Administration
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: blessings
Go buy some grapes and take them to the priest for the Feast of the Transfiguration (tomorrow, 6 August), with a page from the Rituale Romanum (go to p. 345 – Benedictio uvarum), or cut and paste the English text … Continue reading
From a reader…
I recently witnessed our parish deacon blessing an image of St. Francis. Do deacons have the power of blessing images. And if not, does the image to be “re-blessed” by a priest?
Given that this is the season for ordinations, this … Continue reading
Epiphany is coming, Reverend Fathers. We have special blessings we can use.
You will find actual blessings in the Rituale Romanum (not in the dreadful “Book of Blessings”).
First, we have the famous blessing of chalk, then used to mark the doors of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have searched for but am unable to find the text a newly ordained priest uses for first blessings. Do you perhaps know where one could find it in Latin and/or in English?
The usual blessing:
Benedictio Dei omnipotentis Patris, … Continue reading
Here is something useful from Ed “the academic” Peters.
NOTE TO BISHOPS and ORDINANDS:
It would be great were you to make this known to people before the opportunity has passed! Consider putting a note about this things in the worship aids … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m planning on hatching chickens in the next couple of weeks. I’m using shipped eggs which have a higher mortality rate from being through the mail system. (but I simply can’t get what I want locally) Is there … Continue reading
The nice people at Nova et Vetera sent me an edition of their reprint of the Rituale Romanum.
Their site says:
This is the first edition of the Rituale Romanum since 1957. It is based upon the last Editio typica of 1952, … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass today the congregation was asked to raise their hands in blessing over members that are celebrating an anniversary in Sept. I can’t find anything in the GIRM that addresses raising our hands in blessing at Mass. … Continue reading