Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Andrew Saucci said “Even so, the GOP remains the only viable po...
- Rob22 said Fortunately more and more are calling the Pope out...
- Sword40 said Back in the mid-’60’s, when I was in t...
- Rich Leonardi said FWIW, these broken-bottle tactics are used by all...
- Ben Yanke said Information also here: https://www.facebook.com/ev...
- Rob22 said I think indeed those invested in the Traditional M...
- ckdexterhaven said I think the water boarding thing drove some libera...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr. Fox: How about something like, “Tace, Di...
- Roguejim said The traditional Catholics of southern Oregon, very...
- Fr Martin Fox said Recalling a project our genial host entertained so...
- Fr Martin Fox said About defeatism… I’ll steal a line fro...
- kiwiinamerica said *Elmer Fudd voice*………Dat wascall...
- Gratias said Money will also make a difference. If you can get...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said Here is another Cherry Tree Carol: https://www.you...
- chantgirl said Bosco- Thanks for the link to the Newman Reader. I...
- Supertradmum said Fantastic work. Wish I had both the money and a wa...
- Supertradmum said Suberb, Fr. Z., book please… St. Augustine w...
- Bosco said With all due respect, Father Z., when albizzi aske...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Father: Are those gold, frankincense and myrh (sp?...
- The Masked Chicken said “That agape, philia, eros, and storge all tr...
- otsowalo said Just to add: in an interview, Cardinal Tagle lamen...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “1994 is when the CDW announce...
- jflare said “I trust most of those ghastly post-Vat II s...
- jmj_telcontar said Wonderful! Beautiful examples of proper incultarat...
- otsowalo said JARay, That vow is superceded by the solemn vow of...
- otsowalo said After reading some of the comments here, i really...
- Absit invidia said Thanks for pointing out the irresponsible rabbits....
- Bea said Beautiful words, Father Thank you
- iamlucky13 said Hmm…the link I tried to post above got trunc...
- Jim in Seattle said What is the symbolism of the cherry trees, Mary, a...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- “Who says Catholic Social Teaching requires us to follow the policy prescriptions of the hard left?”
- Brick by Brick: Another parish implements Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- MADISON, WI – 2 Feb – CANDLEMAS – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: blognic
I will be in Washington, DC from Friday 23 – 26 Monday April.
People are interested in a blognic.
Some people may be in town for the Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday 24 April.
Remember: Blognics … Continue reading
FINALIZED: I will celebrate Holy Mass (EF) at Holy Innocents on 37th BTW Broadway and 7th at 6:00 pm.
Mass will take about 30 minutes.
We will then go about 5 minute walk to an Irish pub … Continue reading
Is it time to talk about a Manhattan Blognic?
Someone suggested perhaps Easter Monday.
I will be in the area of Philadelphia from 12-21 Feb…. if flights go well.
One of my correspondents has suggested another blognic.
We could have this one at the same location: the Irish Pub at 20th & Walnut in the … Continue reading
I am heading to the Philadelphia area in a few days.
"But Fadda! But Fadda!", I can hear the New Jerseyans saying even now. "Why…"
I’ll be staying at Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin, NJ for a little over a week. … Continue reading
Tomorrow evening, Friday 24 July, there will be a London blognic.
Anyone can come. You don’t have to have your own blog, though I hope bloggers will come!
For the last London blognic we met at the Buckingham Arms on a … Continue reading
The blognic is underway! We started later because Mass at Old St Patrick’s started late and went long. Coffee is hot and strong.
So far 17 have dropped in though a couple had to go.
Here are some images posted directly to the blog from my camera on the spot.
All in all, last night some 25 people showed up. Some folks had to … Continue reading
I was very pleased with the blognic we had yesterday evening here in Rome. I got off to a rocky start, but eventually everything got under way.
First, it was a really busy day. In the morning I had the missa … Continue reading