You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
- maryh said @Father Martin Fox I like your analogy very much,...
- pmullane said Mamajen!! A million congratulations!!! God bless y...
- joecct77 said Reminds me of the beginning of “It’s A...
- joecct77 said Right now, I have no idea. After I am dead, and a...
- Katylamb said Yeah, that sentence about the popes beliefs and tr...
- Katylamb said onosurf: your good atheist friend seems a tad inco...
- Raylan Alleman said Sho-nuff! I was praying that in the Office this m...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Dr. Edward Peters says: the question is, How much...
- veritasmeister said Fr. Welzbacher is indeeed a very good priest, thou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “We are told that it is doesn’t form part of...
- NBW said Thanks for posting the beautiful picture Father Z....
- James Joseph said It is a regular occurrence to make egregious lapse...
- Laura98 said Beautiful! Every time I see pictures like this fr...
- onosurf said An atheist friend, a “good guy”, email...
- Phil_NL said Fr Fox, My take on this, and I think it boils down...
- jmhem5 said Doyle and Turlish are well known SNAP “veter...
- The Masked Chicken said Did you know that little old you, out there, can e...
- anilwang said Just as post-Vatican II we’ve forgotten to s...
- Acanthaster said Fr Martin, great analogy! Always looking for simpl...
- The Masked Chicken said Nice pictures, mamajen. That one picture looked l...
- The Masked Chicken said Wouldn’t, kath holon, would make an excellen...
- Fr Martin Fox said This is such a hard subject to explain without eit...
- BLB Oregon said I have a very hard time with this question because...
- Robbie said I think having the priest face the altar rather th...
- LarryW2LJ said I only mentioned her, Fr. Z because I thought is s...
- mariadevotee said If he is retiring, we would love to have him in Na...
- Choirmaster said @semperficatholic: This is a very nicely written h...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Boston
With regret, leaving Boston.
It was a great trip. Thanks to everyone, especially my kind host at Harvard.
Technorati Tags: Boston, Harvard
This morning the parish priest where I am staying in Cambridge pointed out a piece in the Boston Globe (Friday 26 April).
At the finish line of the Boston Marathon, clergy were not allowed to reach the victims of the bombing.
On … Continue reading
I am in Boston.
Guys from BC picked me up at the airport. Being a Gopher Hockey kind of guy, I was a little conflicted about that. They won me over with a nice supper at a place with a view. … Continue reading
A friend of mine from my many years in Rome, Greg Di Pippo (very learnéd fellow), is going to be giving a talk in Boston, at the Cathedral, on the Extraordinary Form.
There will be Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form … Continue reading
The use of the sacrament of penance, reconciliation has been horribly eroded over the last few decades.
Ven. Pius XII said once that the sin of the 20th century was the loss of the sense of sin.
Surely that pertains now even … Continue reading
As I have been repeating, the funeral for the late Sen. Edward Kennedy is still forcing us to think, and discuss, a) what funerals are for, b) what public scandal is.
Many people are now confused. Confusion is precisely one of … Continue reading