Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Cafea Fruor said Edit: “without so hard” should be R...
- Cafea Fruor said Charlie Cahill said: “Very difficult in toda...
- Cafea Fruor said I, too, am bothered by confessional hogs. I know o...
- vetusta ecclesia said The state of the Church in England and Wales canno...
- Doug R said Applause! I have been trying to go to Confession w...
- Fabrizio said “Cum de non comedendis carnibus collatio fie...
- truthfinder said I always get a bit antsy whenever I see someone go...
- Stvsmith2009 said “An express line confessional (15 sins or le...
- zag4christ said This past Sunday I heard something from the senior...
- Nicholas said My high school has a rector chaplain who is availa...
- mattwcu said As was mentioned in the original post, the writer...
- Supertradmum said PS. to above comment– Many of the commentato...
- Rachel Pineda said Oh Priam, what a breath of fresh air. Thank God f...
- Peregrinator said “The confessor should never worry about the...
- Supertradmum said I am really surprised by some of the comments. May...
- APX said Mike, Aside from Opus Dei spiritual direction (whi...
- RichR said I nominate fatherpalka for “Post of the Day&
- Dave N. said IMO, the numbers from CARA point to a US Catholic...
- FrAnt said I just remembered an experience. I had been away...
- FrAnt said No Church of Nice here. Responses are always clear...
- cicada380 said I’m so glad you posted about this Father. It...
- chris1 said Father, we’ve got to find a reason to get yo...
- Priam1184 said This is a great post Father because I think it mea...
- Netmilsmom said Mike- abstaining from meat on Fridays is the easie...
- fatherpalka said Though done for other reasons, renovating the old...
- momoften said I have been abstaining from meat on Fridays for aw...
- Joseph-Mary said Another thing encountered is when the priests̵...
- catholiccomelately said Each week when I read the replies to this query, I...
- VexillaRegis said One time I went to confession with a priest I have...
- Suburbanbanshee said Why the archbishop said not to take the “ice...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
It was a quick trip, too quick, but duty calls.
As I leave Kansas City, I thank my amiable hosts, whose son was, today, ordained a deacon. They always try to provide the best for the weary clerical guest.
Thanks to Fr. … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Bishop Finn not liable in child-porn lawsuit, Missouri judge rules
A federal judge in Missouri has ruled that the Diocese of Kansas City (Missouri) and Bishop Robert Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a … Continue reading
One for the Brick by Brick file.
I had a note from a friend in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where the great Bishop Robert Finn presides.
At St. Andrew the Apostle on the north side of KC, Fr. Vince Rogers … Continue reading
From the Kansas City Star:
Bishop Finn airs frustration over KC-based National Catholic Reporter
Finn objects to editorial positions taken by the Kansas City-based newspaper.
BY ALAN BAVLEY
The Kansas City Star
The bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is expressing public … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
If Christmas or Easter are on the horizon, we can be sure that Hell’s Bible (and the Fishwrap) will find someone in the Church to bash. Right now, that would be Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. … Continue reading
Today Fishwrap offers up a fantasy editorial railing against Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph. Based on his conviction by a Kansas City court, Fishwrap demands Finn’s resignation or removal from office.
It would take too many words here to pull their editorial apart, so … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
ASSESSING BISHOP FINN’S GUILT
SEPTEMBER 7, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a judge’s decision yesterday finding Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn guilty in a case involving Father Shawn Ratigan:
Let’s get rid of some myths. Bishop Finn … Continue reading