Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- acardnal: Watching the Pope address priests and religious in Peru now on EWTN I note that he used one of his commonly used phrases again, “self-abso rbed promethean neopelagia nism.̶ 1;
- DavidR: Re: the March for Life attendance coverage; Fake News.
- DavidR: So, do you fly Delta as a form of penance?
- SKAY: Great comment Kathleen10 . It expresses my feelings also. “I look forward to the day when the Good Lord sets it right again.R 21; So do I.
- JPD: People are more attracted to what is authentic; it has meaning to their lives. The Pro-Life movement is authentic; it upholds natural law, while Pope Francis does not appear authentic evident...
- Ave Crux: “An unnamed vicar general has commented on Pope Francis’ marriage on an airplane, ‘If he were a priest in my diocese I would ensure he was suspended, and at his age retired...
- Semper Gumby: A bit late here, just thought I’d chip in my two cents on these Signs of the Times. In 1982 George Kelling and James Q. Wilson wrote an article in the Atlantic (it’ s...
- Ave Crux: @Imrahil: you have gone through a great deal of effort to explain why you personally have no problem with what the Holy Father did and why you think it was a good thing. However, absolu...
- kurtmasur: To be fair, it would be interestin g to know at what point in the Mass was that photo taken? Before, during, or after? I believe there are quite a few people walking in the rows in the...
- Vincent: Meanwhile here in the UK: “Mr Trump told the thousands of marchers who gathered on Washington ’s National Mall on FridayR 21;… No video, just a picture of Trump at the...
- AA Cunningham: Pre-marria ge courses are a special expression of preparatio n. And we see so many couples, who perhaps come to the course somewhat reluctantl y: “But these priests make us take a...
- Sandy: The LifeSite time lapse video is amazing and inspiring! I’d love to know the true statistics . Every year it’s wonderful to see the great number of young people involved. May the...
- MacCheese: It’s sad to look at the above picture, if indeed it is from the Papal mass. On the other hand, having marched yesterday in DC, I think your number of 500k is about right Father.
- Fr Martin Fox: I was at the March, with folks from Ohio, although I am to wussy to ride the bus all night, there AND back. So, I flew. As it happens, I was at that same parish for Holy Mass that...
- Imrahil: Dear Blas, setting the fact that they weren̵ 7;t actually married and the general problem of treating civilly married people as married aside for a moment, why for all things in the...
- Kathleen10: It is a great feeling, to get out there and do something for God, and that’ ;s what it is and what it feels like. Wonderful experience ! Thank you for going, Fr. Z., I feel treme...
- NancyP: My TSO son is reporting to work today as usual. I think you will get home on time. Sending prayers for safe travels 230;
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
- APX: Beach weddings sound romantic and wonderful, but the reality is quite different. My brother and his wife had one. The days leading up to it were ridiculous ly hot so everyone got sunburned and...
- Bea: My daughter was married at Old St. Mary’ ;s Church. She still lives in the area. I wonder if she was there with her husband and 6 children. Haven̵ 7;t talked to her today. I’...
- Fr. Kelly: This may not have been as impromptu as the initial reports have indicated. LifeSiteNe ws is reporting that the couple is quoted in the December 19 El Mercurio (a Chilean Paper) that they...
- frjim4321: just a few … believe me, I know how to do it … [Until someone shows you a better way.]
- frjim4321: Honestly? You call that a martini? Where is the condensati on? Where is the skim of little ice chips floating on the surface? You need me to make you a proper martini. [Okay̷ 0; we...
- RomualdMonk: So much for having a longer marriage prep formation prior to marriage as Pope Francis pushed a few years back as necessary.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph provide it.
Here are a few little samples.
The UK link is HERE.
These same sisters are defending Bp. Robert Finn, who … Continue reading
It was a quick trip, too quick, but duty calls.
As I leave Kansas City, I thank my amiable hosts, whose son was, today, ordained a deacon. They always try to provide the best for the weary clerical guest.
Thanks to Fr. … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Bishop Finn not liable in child-porn lawsuit, Missouri judge rules
A federal judge in Missouri has ruled that the Diocese of Kansas City (Missouri) and Bishop Robert Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a … Continue reading
One for the Brick by Brick file.
I had a note from a friend in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where the great Bishop Robert Finn presides.
At St. Andrew the Apostle on the north side of KC, Fr. Vince Rogers … Continue reading
From the Kansas City Star:
Bishop Finn airs frustration over KC-based National Catholic Reporter
Finn objects to editorial positions taken by the Kansas City-based newspaper.
BY ALAN BAVLEY
The Kansas City Star
The bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is expressing public … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
If Christmas or Easter are on the horizon, we can be sure that Hell’s Bible (and the Fishwrap) will find someone in the Church to bash. Right now, that would be Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. … Continue reading
Today Fishwrap offers up a fantasy editorial railing against Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph. Based on his conviction by a Kansas City court, Fishwrap demands Finn’s resignation or removal from office.
It would take too many words here to pull their editorial apart, so … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
ASSESSING BISHOP FINN’S GUILT
SEPTEMBER 7, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a judge’s decision yesterday finding Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn guilty in a case involving Father Shawn Ratigan:
Let’s get rid of some myths. Bishop Finn … Continue reading
The National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is out to get Bishop Finn.
Fishwrap has been carrying on a jihad against Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph ever since he arrived. Fishwrap’s offices are within that diocese.
A … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a great project promoted by His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
I am especially happy to promote this, because the Memorare is one of my favorite prayers, and I … Continue reading
You read, for sure, about the deal struck between Bp. Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the county where Kansas City, MO is located. From CNA comes this.
Bishop Finn agreement seems to indicate prosecution’s weak case
Kansas City, … Continue reading
How deep can anti-Catholic bigotry run in the mainstream press? Read on.
At Serviam I noticed this, in reference to the situation of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the embattled Bishop Robert Finn.
I’ve said previously that the [newspaper – Kansas … Continue reading