Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Former Altar Boy said Applauding the guitar-tambourine-electric piano ...
- Mike said It seems unlikely that the visible and unapologeti...
- Supertradmum said Simon_GNR. Everything changed after 9/11. I was o...
- jacobi said Yes, the Great European War 1914- 1945 in which Ch...
- Uxixu said Perhaps you should read St Augustine again, Elizab...
- Elizabeth D said I am for voluntarily not arming oneself, and teach...
- Traductora said Strange photo. What is this, the Episcopalians hav...
- Kathleen10 said To see clergy in a cassock is electrifying, especi...
- Simon_GNR said I’ve twice entered the U.S.A. over the land...
- rcg said What would they do about sermons exhorting people...
- markomalley said FWIW, here is an update from the local Iowa televi...
- Dienekes said I spent a career as a federal criminal investigato...
- marcelus said here’s a session of Q&A’s from Fra...
- danidunn said When I read, “when we feed their mothersR...
- marcelus said http://www.news.va/en/news/cardinal-sandri-no-reli...
- GreggW said I have been taught that a twofold “problem...
- marcelus said Appparently, the Pope was saying (it’s on n...
- marcelus said And these two guys know each other.. they go way b...
- moconnor said Politics aside, we share a lot of blame for all th...
- yatzer said I envy my Methodist and Episcopalian relatives the...
- danidunn said I tend to think the pope, having lived in Buenos A...
- Uxixu said Fortescue: “Pius IX instituted a kind of un...
- AVL said Us too, 7th Sunday after Pentecost. I’m conf...
- AVL said I’m trying to wrap my mind around the pictur...
- incredulous said Our parish is particularly fond of clapping right...
- Uxixu said It is a shame that in that picture they’re g...
- JudicaMe said But father, but father! They have altar rails!
- Priam1184 said I was born in the 1970s so I confess that both the...
- Moro said I’ve never done a land Crossing but using a...
- Henry Edwards said As our priest said in a recent sermon at EF Mass,...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
The National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is out to get Bishop Finn.
Fishwrap has been carrying on a jihad against Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph ever since he arrived. Fishwrap’s offices are within that diocese.
A … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a great project promoted by His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
I am especially happy to promote this, because the Memorare is one of my favorite prayers, and I … Continue reading
You read, for sure, about the deal struck between Bp. Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the county where Kansas City, MO is located. From CNA comes this.
Bishop Finn agreement seems to indicate prosecution’s weak case
Kansas City, … Continue reading
How deep can anti-Catholic bigotry run in the mainstream press? Read on.
At Serviam I noticed this, in reference to the situation of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the embattled Bishop Robert Finn.
I’ve said previously that the [newspaper – Kansas … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Joseph Naumanm, Archbishop of Kansas City, Kansas – on the other side of the river from the homoynmous city in Missouri, has waded into the issue of the indictment level at Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas … Continue reading
The Remnant has an article in defense of Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph.
You learn a lot about a person by what his enemies have to say. The National Catholic Reporter wrote a piece one year after Bishop Finn … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
BISHOP FINN DESERVES BETTER
October 21, 2011
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the controversy over Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn:
The Catholic League will have a lot to say about Bishop Finn and his accusers over the … Continue reading
The ultra-liberal Kansas City Star in KC, MO has been gunnin’ for Bishop Robert Finn since he arrived. Now that some chum is in the water, they and their chums have been biting.
Therefore, I was surprised and pleased to see … Continue reading
I was sorry to read that His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn, Bishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph is facing an indictment for the misdemeanor of not reporting to police a suspicion that one of the priests of that … Continue reading
From a reader:
If you were confessing to a Bishop or a Cardinal or even the Holy
Father would you say “Bless me Bishop” or “Bless me your Eminence” etc
Sure. You could do it that way. If would be proper. But you … Continue reading