- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- pseudomodo said The Pope was hopefully (?!) chosen by the MSM for...
- Unwilling said I can understand “insiders” being a li...
- Glennonite said I use your blog.
- TXKathi said Listened through plug in on blog — thank you...
- Glennonite said Chime.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Priam: add some leeks to your soffritto Sure, that...
- frahobbit said Thanks for this tasty visual. I am currently expe...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Sid: Yes. You are surely right about that. Just...
- VLL said I am glad to see this. When I attend the TLM at t...
- aviva meriam said Color your responses appropriate and a sign of a...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Andrew Saucci says: First, for what it’s worth, “...
- B16_Fan said Yep. They are bad, but the ones I am most tired of...
- Netmilsmom said We ditched the cable 7 years ago. We watch our Ro...
- Facta Non Verba said Not a fan of the commercial for “No Nos̶...
- Netmilsmom said Being from a parish where kneeling for communion i...
- ocleirbj said I’m listening on the blog, it comes through...
- rcg said This is a tasty soup. I use a submersible blender...
- Nae said I hear the pajamagram ads on the radio and they do...
- Imrahil said Dear @Andreas, yes, German commercials are much mo...
- JonPatrick said Haven’t watched TV since the Red Sox were in...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening today through the plug in on this post,...
- Andreas said I fear that a great deal of television broadcastin...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on this post. It i...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…. Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Listening on the blog. Thanks, Father!
- bernadettem said It is a general tradition in all Ordinariate/Angli...
- teomatteo said Father Z. Do you have/used a handheld ‘stick...
- Priam1184 said Just to clarify: the qualities I listed above are...
- Priam1184 said Yup all women turned into sl… and men transf...
- MikeM said I think that some of you might be missing what the...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
The Theological Studies dust up, NCR, creeping infallibility, and the ecclesial vocation of the theologian
There is a bit of a dust up concerning the journal Theological Studies, a prominent English language publication, sometimes useful and much venerated by liberals.
In 2004 Theological Studies published an article by two theologians arguing that the Church should change … Continue reading
I am told that Phyllis Zagano, who works for the National Catholic Reporter, is still calling around in order to make trouble for me and harm my reputation.
I wrote about her here.
You will recall that her personally aimed jihad began … Continue reading
For some time now I have been getting emails and phone calls from friends with reports that someone who writes for the National Catholic Reporter aka Fishwrap, Phyllis Zagano, has been sniffing around looking for dirt about me. Zagano hasn’t … Continue reading
I have written before about the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. They were invited to the diocese by His Excellency Robert Finn, the ordinary of the region.
The sisters are building … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Late is better than never.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Catholic leaders rip ‘ludicrous’ article that argues celibacy causes abuse
By Marianne Medlin
Denver, Colo., Jun 15, 2011 / 06:00 am (CNA).- Catholic leaders are calling a recent National Catholic Reporter [aka … Continue reading
The secular press in Kansas City, MO and the ultra-liberal, doctrine-dissenting, KC-based National catholic Reporter have been busy trying to tear the guts out of the diocese and Most Rev. Robert Finn, bishop, but not yet martyr.
From the site of … Continue reading
Again, in regard to the dust up in the Diocese of Kansas City -St. Joseph, over at SERVIAM there is a very good proposal, couched in the no-nonsense language we like around here at WDTPRS.
In Support of Bishop Finn
by RJS … Continue reading
I wonder if we have gotten to a point in the wealthy West where the erosion of culture and mores is so advanced that the notion of fatherhood is simply an option. In vast swathes of society fathers … Continue reading
You have probably seen news about the case of a priest in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph who had photos from different sources, some he took, of children.
Bp. Robert Finn is taking some heat about Fr. Ratigan, a bloke … Continue reading