Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Amerikaner said Thank goodness I live within a good diocese. All...
- msmsem said We had a mix of men and women, elderly and young....
- excalibur said Then there was pope Pelosi at work. Egads! http://...
- Dennis Martin said The comments, most but not all of which I have rea...
- my soul waits for you alone said NO Mass at my home parish. Couldn’t make the...
- BLB Oregon said By “everyone being invited”, I meant t...
- Precentrix said I said “only females” because statisti...
- Charlotte Allen said At St. Dominic’s in Southwest Washington we...
- Suburbanbanshee said As Father Z has explained before, Jesus’ was...
- Mike said NO, Two priests, I believe, plus two deacons. Huge...
- Will D. said Oh, and the priest also delivered a fire-and-brims...
- JohnNYC said I have been living back in my native Rhode Island...
- Will D. said 11 men and one teenage altar boy. They appeared to...
- YorkshireStudent said St Mary’s Cathedral, Middlesbrough: A mixed...
- Noelle said I was told that our parish did its usual foot-wash...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Ironic that the ocassion of Christ’s prayer...
- Jayna said One fire retardant pair from me. Wish I could sen...
- govmatt said Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in Baltimore. Mass wi...
- smcollinsus said At our parish we never use the option to wash feet...
- iowapapist said At Sacred Heart, Fort Dodge Iowa, we were informed...
- semperficatholic said I didn’t vote because I didn’t go. Not...
- Sonshine135 said My Priests washed the feet of men alone. Regarding...
- Sonshine135 said If the Priest is small, how much smaller are we th...
- Priam1184 said Thank you to all the Fathers who read this for all...
- jfk03 said At my Greek Catholic parish, the feet of 12 men we...
- CatholicLiving said Solemn Extraordinary Form (absolutely beautiful!)....
- iPadre said Ordinary Form, ad orientem. Missa De Angelis, Roma...
- Gwen said One final comment. Doesn’t Viri mean men?...
- HobokenZephyr said Usual NO Mass: Incense, Latin Gloria, Sanctus &am...
- Gwen said At our Cathedral, our Bishop washed the feet of 12...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
The Theological Studies dust up, NCR, creeping infallibility, and the ecclesial vocation of the theologian
There is a bit of a dust up concerning the journal Theological Studies, a prominent English language publication, sometimes useful and much venerated by liberals.
In 2004 Theological Studies published an article by two theologians arguing that the Church should change … Continue reading
I am told that Phyllis Zagano, who works for the National Catholic Reporter, is still calling around in order to make trouble for me and harm my reputation.
I wrote about her here.
You will recall that her personally aimed jihad began … Continue reading
For some time now I have been getting emails and phone calls from friends with reports that someone who writes for the National Catholic Reporter aka Fishwrap, Phyllis Zagano, has been sniffing around looking for dirt about me. Zagano hasn’t … Continue reading
I have written before about the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. They were invited to the diocese by His Excellency Robert Finn, the ordinary of the region.
The sisters are building … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Late is better than never.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Catholic leaders rip ‘ludicrous’ article that argues celibacy causes abuse
By Marianne Medlin
Denver, Colo., Jun 15, 2011 / 06:00 am (CNA).- Catholic leaders are calling a recent National Catholic Reporter [aka … Continue reading
The secular press in Kansas City, MO and the ultra-liberal, doctrine-dissenting, KC-based National catholic Reporter have been busy trying to tear the guts out of the diocese and Most Rev. Robert Finn, bishop, but not yet martyr.
From the site of … Continue reading
Again, in regard to the dust up in the Diocese of Kansas City -St. Joseph, over at SERVIAM there is a very good proposal, couched in the no-nonsense language we like around here at WDTPRS.
In Support of Bishop Finn
by RJS … Continue reading
I wonder if we have gotten to a point in the wealthy West where the erosion of culture and mores is so advanced that the notion of fatherhood is simply an option. In vast swathes of society fathers … Continue reading
You have probably seen news about the case of a priest in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph who had photos from different sources, some he took, of children.
Bp. Robert Finn is taking some heat about Fr. Ratigan, a bloke … Continue reading