- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- rcg said This is a tasty soup. I use a submersible blender...
- JonPatrick said Haven’t watched TV since the Red Sox were in...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening today through the plug in on this post,...
- Andreas said I fear that a great deal of television broadcastin...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on this post. It i...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…. Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Listening on the blog. Thanks, Father!
- bernadettem said It is a general tradition in all Ordinariate/Angli...
- teomatteo said Father Z. Do you have/used a handheld ‘stick...
- Priam1184 said Just to clarify: the qualities I listed above are...
- Priam1184 said Yup all women turned into sl… and men transf...
- MikeM said I think that some of you might be missing what the...
- Dienekes said I spent a year over in Southeast Asia in 66-67. In...
- Siculum said Got it! Good morning one and all! Blessed Feast...
- Siculum said I love this blog, and most of the commenters are j...
- Siculum said The stat counter seems to have been working for th...
- smittyjr63 said TV annoys me, period. I avoid it at all costs. So...
- Joe of St Thérèse said This constant lauding by the world is nauseating…L...
- HighMass said If being Person of the Year is about the impact th...
- Nan said Oh, and Father? You could always work on your Roma...
- anna 6 said And have you noticed that it isn’t even R...
- Hans said The mute button is proof that God loves us and wan...
- Suburbanbanshee said There are quite a few other references to derramad...
- Nan said I don’t own a tv and rarely stream anything...
- Suburbanbanshee said The official English translation says, “for...
- StJude said The K-Mart gif one.. seriously.. ugh.. awful. I ba...
- Suburbanbanshee said 75 — “…. because Jesus wants to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sarochka, Looking (as a convienent starting point)...
- mburduck said I should have stated “unless he repents,R...
- Poustinik1 said yum. Okay if you are in a hurry here is a never f...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Bp. Finn
I caught this excellent post over at SERVIAM!
And while the sweet sounds of bats upon balls heralds another year of America’s Pastime, the spring training to which I refer is of an even more sacred kind (as hard … Continue reading
On the The Catholic Key, blog of the newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph comes this, which will also be in print.
The great Bp. Robert Finn… with my emphases.
March for Life: Culmination of Many Efforts to Support and … Continue reading
Here is some good news from the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph:
Diocese Granted Jurisdiction in Historic Process
Half a world away from a shrine that attracts millions of Christian and Muslim pilgrims each year, a Cause for the Beatification … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece of news from the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where His Excellency Most. Rev. Robert Finn has the reins. From the blog of the diocesan newspaper The Catholic Key:
Beatification Cause for Founder of Mary’s House … Continue reading
I was alarmed today to see an article in the National Catholic Fishwrap… Reporter … wait for it and put down your freshly brewed Mystic Monk Coffee…
… praising His Excellency Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-Joseph.
I wondered: Did … Continue reading
This is the Year of Priests. I think it is fair, especially during this year, when talking about the Year of Priests, we talk about vocations to the priesthood.
Let us not forget that every person has a vocation. All vocations … Continue reading
We talk a great deal, and rightly so, about praying for vocations among men. We must also pray both that women will answer a call and also have a place to go to realize that vocation.
Traditional communities of women … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this from the upcoming edition of The Catholic Key:
October 25: Priesthood Sunday in the Year For PriestsBy Most Rev. Robert W. FinnBishop of Kansas City – St. Joseph
We have in our Diocese of Kansas City-St. … Continue reading