Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Bea said PUTTING “HOT” INTO THE “HOT ROD&...
- tzard said First shipment of new stealth infantry weapon. I...
- Long-Skirts said Sofia Guerra said: “Be prepared to explain...
- Geoffrey said I think I am one of the few not surprised by this....
- aquinas138 said CharlesG, The Arabic word for “martyr”...
- NBW said This kind of behavior should not be tolerated. Ma...
- MrTipsNZ said Despite a mad rush to hospital, Obamacare could no...
- Arcgap said It’s just the moving van with the pink flami...
- Matthew K said Hell hath no fury like a Cheez-It scorned.
- CRPodhaj said Curiously, the LCWR representatives from “Nu...
- acardnal said Syrian Catholic bishop explains the situation in I...
- acardnal said Syrian Catholic bishop explains the situation in I...
- Mike said I told you to take it to the detailer after Herkim...
- Mojoron said Satan leaving the white house.
- PCali said Okay…….who looked into the heart of th...
- Siculum said Pope Francis’s nightmare tonight about giant...
- PA mom said If he does come, this will be my first real chance...
- Makemeaspark said It is disturbing to read a post here of all places...
- The Cobbler said “Oh, wait a minute, this is the same country...
- Kathleen10 said It is disturbing but actually a positive thing to...
- The Cobbler said One more thing… “Indeed let us not for...
- MaryL said Hamas is not Palestinian, it is on the same side a...
- CharlesG said Surely there should be a different translation fro...
- wanda said How very bold and brave they are – from thou...
- jacobi said Anyone in Gaza who does not have a bomb shelter ha...
- Mike said I’m usually pro-Israel, and Hamas is a terro...
- The Cobbler said Let’s frame the “universal healthcare&...
- boxerpaws1952 said BTW,Israel could nuke any country if they wanted t...
- Gaetano said A liberal portion of cod and a conservative number...
- acardnal said Several photos of Pope Francis at lunch in the caf...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: breviarium romanum
From a priest:
For those that follow the 1962 calendar or simply follow the traditional penitential days, are the ember days in the octave of Pentecost days of fast? It would seem not since the octave days, similar to Easter, are … Continue reading
From a priest:
Thanks for all of your work on behalf of the Church and, from a brother priest, oremus pro invicem! [Libenter!]
I was ordained this year and thank God for the tremendous gift of offering the Divine Sacrifice and forgiving … Continue reading
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
I had a question from a priest about Univerae Ecclesiae on the topic of recitation of the office, and a cleric’s obligation. I also had conversations with three priests yesterday during which the topic of our daily office came up.
UE … Continue reading
At long last the worthy Baronius Press is just about ready with its three volume, Latin-English edition of the Breviarium Romanum.
Having the English side by side with the Latin could open a whole new liturgical world for many who don’t … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, I seem to be in a quandry about the liturgy. I attend a Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter Parish in Tulsa and I am an Oblate of Clear Creek monastery, which also uses the 1962 liturgies. My … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I’m a priest and religious and I’ve wanted to pray the psalter in the traditional way for a long time and while clearing out our library I came across a Breviary in English from 1964, an … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I am a transitional Deacon…
I ask you not to include my name if you choose to use this email in any way, as I am at ____ and unfortunately things related to the Extraordinary Form are still very … Continue reading