"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Henry Edwards said JBS: “Then came the advent of the non-liturg...
- JBS said It seemed her noble efforts came to be eclipsed by...
- acardnal said Sad news. She was a key influence in liturgical r...
- Sonshine135 said Requiescat in pace.
- Liz said Prayers for the success of the pilgrimage with a l...
- ReginaMarie said Blessed repose & eternal memory for the handma...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Enjoy the Eternal City, And don’t forget to...
- Royse87 said I’m jealous, Father. Don’t forget to s...
- mrshopey said :( May she rest in peace.
- Midwest St. Michael said Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perp...
- Gratias said If Cardinal Walter Kasper goes around saying Black...
- Martlet said Even though I’m a frequent flyer, I once adm...
- Clinton R. said There is much I could say about this mess of a syn...
- Supertradmum said Me too–the more boring the in-betweens the b...
- Gratias said Dear Father Z, thank you for keeping us informed o...
- Ben Kenobi said “If there were no Abp. L and no SSPX, then t...
- Deacon Augustine said It isn’t clear to me that he is “invok...
- Ben Kenobi said @SimonR I share your plea about finding a wife. Pe...
- RJHighland said So Cardinal Kasper is going to unleash his hounds...
- Morning Catholic must-reads: 21/10/14 | CHRONICA said [...] Elizabeth Scalia, Zach Stafford, Christoph S...
- Geoffrey said I know this will upset more than a few readers and...
- Cradle Catholic said I read somewhere that had Benedict XVI waited a f...
- Random Friar said I’ve heard of Schadenfreude. I’d neve...
- donato2 said First of all, we all owe a debt of gratitude to th...
- Stvsmith2009 said If ever there was a poster boy for “undignif...
- eymard said The following from Fr. Hardon’s Catholic Dic...
- bittergeek said As the progressives have treated bad translations...
- Father reflects on the extraordinary synod | Foolishness to the world said [...] He writes: [...]
- FranzJosf said The southern hemisphere is a conundrum to many of...
- dbonneville said As a frequent flyer, Fr., I am supremely confidant...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
- 13 October? I’m just sayin’
- Card. Kasper’s observations about Africa – UPDATE: Interview REMOVED!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: breviarium romanum
From a priest:
For those that follow the 1962 calendar or simply follow the traditional penitential days, are the ember days in the octave of Pentecost days of fast? It would seem not since the octave days, similar to Easter, are … Continue reading
From a priest:
Thanks for all of your work on behalf of the Church and, from a brother priest, oremus pro invicem! [Libenter!]
I was ordained this year and thank God for the tremendous gift of offering the Divine Sacrifice and forgiving … Continue reading
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
I had a question from a priest about Univerae Ecclesiae on the topic of recitation of the office, and a cleric’s obligation. I also had conversations with three priests yesterday during which the topic of our daily office came up.
UE … Continue reading
At long last the worthy Baronius Press is just about ready with its three volume, Latin-English edition of the Breviarium Romanum.
Having the English side by side with the Latin could open a whole new liturgical world for many who don’t … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, I seem to be in a quandry about the liturgy. I attend a Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter Parish in Tulsa and I am an Oblate of Clear Creek monastery, which also uses the 1962 liturgies. My … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I’m a priest and religious and I’ve wanted to pray the psalter in the traditional way for a long time and while clearing out our library I came across a Breviary in English from 1964, an … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I am a transitional Deacon…
I ask you not to include my name if you choose to use this email in any way, as I am at ____ and unfortunately things related to the Extraordinary Form are still very … Continue reading