- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Nancy D. said Father, with all due respect, according to the boo...
- benedetta said N.B. It is not uncommon for people to bring a lot...
- majuscule said I am sorry, the above link was wrong!!!! http://ww...
- majuscule said And see what Time did on their “opinion poll...
- Torpedo1 said We still say it at St. Agnes Fr. Z. Please come ba...
- Imrahil said Dear @TXKathi, It seems that if we’re saying the w...
- mamajen said I’ll take it. Yeah, they chose him for the w...
- James C said I won’t forget Time’s evil, defamatory...
- Kennedy said Interesting comments above, and I’d agree wi...
- mamajen said …doing their mini-van imitation… LOL!...
- anna 6 said I had a similar thought about this…that Bene...
- Fr AJ said I think this is a great thing, the Church has suff...
- robtbrown said Hans says: No actually, robtbrown, the intention t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said PpF, POY? Meh.
- Eliane said With Stalin, Hitler and Kissinger on the list, at...
- StJude said One of my favorite people on twitter tweeted this:...
- wanda said Thank you, Fr. Z.
- Mike said I’m a pretty healthy guy, by the grace of Go...
- semperficatholic said Concerning the veil…GREAT! Concerning your p...
- David Zampino said Being the proud father of 8, this piece made me ch...
- TXKathi said I have often wondered about this. There used to b...
- pjthom81 said And in related news, there are more diocesan pries...
- Father Maurer said The Church prescribes bowing at the mention of the...
- Doc Angelicus said I have searched the word “capitalism”...
- TheAcolyte said On the traditional Mass practice for Christmas, ...
- Phil_NL said Slainewe, It would be beyond silly if anyone is of...
- MB said Doesn’t it say in Thessalonians, “aspire to live...
- slainewe said I was told by a priest that there are two things a...
- Imrahil said As a more general observation, a thought that I ge...
- Why Pope Francis is Time's "Person of the Year" - BigPulpit.com said [...] QUAERITUR: Genuflections During Novus Ordo C...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Brick by Brick
Here is a good Brick By Brick story.
A while back I posted a note to traditional Catholics. This is our time to push forward and use the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and advance the vision of Benedict XVI. I urge … Continue reading
The discussion of confessions during Mass is hardly new to long-time readers of this blog. I’ve dealt with it many times. For example, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, …
This is hardly new also to Catholics who seek out the traditional form of the … Continue reading
I will subtitle this entry: Buy Some Cards – Help A Monastery.
I recently received some spiffy cards with vesting prayers for bishops, priests, deacons and subdeacons.
They were produced by the…
2, rue de la Croix
83680 La Garde-Freinet
Tel. +33 4 94 … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file,
Fr. John Hollowell in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis at his blog On The Rock says he has started celebrating Holy Mass in the Usus Antiquior of the Roman Rite… once a week.
I quibble with him … Continue reading
Each time I see a CNS Video I muse, “is this the same CNS I know?
It seems to be!
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, Brick by Brick, St. Peter’s Basilica, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
Brick by brick… college by college…
From a reader:
Thought you might like to know that Franciscan University just celebrated its first Solemn High Mass for the patronal feast of Christ the King (for Christ the King Chapel). I know that a … Continue reading
From a reader, as a follow up to my post Brick by Brick: How to get a TLM on the schedule at your parish, a reader sent the following:
You kindly posted a blog on September 13th about my parish priest allowing … Continue reading
Friar by friar.
Here’s something to cheer the heart.
The Official Studentate Photo for the Dominican Province of St. Joseph
These are the men in the Easter Province of the USA.
Vocations. It’s not rocket science.
Speaking of vocations…
… how about supporting even more … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I responded before to your inquiry about what training was or was not being offered in seminaries in the celebration of the Extraordinary Form. At the time you inquired there was no training offered for the EF. Therefore, … Continue reading