Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: The creed would be a good addition to the Mass for Mary Magdalene, but not enough of a good to supercede obedience to the rubrics as written. As p.frank suggested, we have to not only push...
- truthfinder: The order of suppressio n stated the Jesuits were abolished ‘for ever’ ; and in some translatio ns “for eternity 8221;. Makes you wonderR 30;
- Dismas: In a word, no. I expect a poorer ratio of courageous , faithful bishops than was tallied in England around 1534. Courage, like any other virtue, becomes flaccid and atrophied when not...
- philosophicallyfrank: We should not be surprised by what is a continuall y growing effort to destroy the Church. There have been two Apparition s of the Blessed Mother since WWII when She foret...
- Dismas: What, no “Meh ” or “I 8217;m not touching this with a thirty foot pole” ; options?
- philosophicallyfrank: We tend to be critical of many who add & subtract from what the Ordinary Form was suppose to be; so, we, who appreciate the Extraordin ary Form, need to seek desired...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): In countries that have purported to outlaw the seal of the confession al it will be even worse than we think. Because the only way for the government to know a priest has...
- teomatteo: On an all together different note: that counter top appears to be, Saint Cecilia, comes outta s.america. i think.
- frjimt: From the office today: for the honor of him who lives us, it is proper to obey w/out hypocrisy; for a man does not so much deceive the bishop he can see as try to receive the bishop he...
- Ave Maria: Oh if only they had been suppressed again before we had a Jesuit pope! So many of them and many of their institutio ns are a scandal and a danger to the faith.
- HvonBlumenthal: The suppressio n of an order doesn’t mean that good priests are tossed out with the bathwater, merely that they would be welcomed in a healthier order; I find Anneliese’ s remark...
- Malta: These religious in my state are preserving the faith: http://www .ourladyof guadalupem onastery.c om/
- Malta: The Jesuits annoy me, not en masse, but the hierarchy on up to someone in the Vatican. They have a superior attitude which rings me the wrong way. When I was a Senior Trial Prosecutor I...
- dmflinn: May the Lord welcome him into eternal rest.
- APX: Has Cardinal Burke said anything on the matter? He used to have a very close associatio n with the USACV when he was still an archbishop .
- JesusFreak84: I saw someone comment on Twitter that there should be “Jes uits of the Strict Observance .” As long as strict means strict, I say go for it and suppress the rest. I do...
- Sconnius: Gandalf the Grey: [reading] The year 3434 of the Second Age. Here follows the account of Issac, the High Vicar of Black Duck, at the finding of the Brew of Power. “It has come to...
- stephen c: I will certainly say a prayer for him. And for Cardinal Mayer, another good priest who probably does not need my prayers. I have had the good fortune to know several good and holy...
- Anneliese: Dave Meconi, Chris Collins, and Mitch Pacwa deserve a little more respect. To equate them to James Martin is insulting.
- Nan: We did that Thursday in MN.
- Arthur McGowan: Better to call attention to such feasts about a month ahead of time. In fact, “Nex t Month̵ 7;s FeastsR 21; should be a regular feature.
- James in Perth: I truly appreciate the courage of the young Fr. Pagliarini to speak up to those priests who were joking about transubsta ntiation. A friend of my own pastor enjoyed saying scandal...
- James in Perth: Eastern Catholics will have their vehicles and other chariots blessed this Sunday in remembranc e of the Holy and Great Prophet Elijah whose simple feast was celebrated yesterd...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: ex seaxe says: did you cast your expert eye over the translatio n Since you seem to want to pick at something, as is apparent from the LINK I included, that is not my transla...
- ex seaxe: I think I would be inclined to ask for the blessing for a vehicle, rather than one which speaks specially of healing. I don’ t quite need a wheelchair yet, but am considerin g...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen and Remembrance of Things Past
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene and the Creed at Mass – POLL!
- Can you imagine bishops doing something like this today?
- ASK FATHER: Blessing for a Wheelchair, Stretcher, or Ambulance
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- R.I.P. Msgr. Camille Perl, once Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”
- And now for your Friday SSPX news!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is hunting YOU
- For your consideration…
- The hurly burly of Medieval Studies!
- FLYING ELECTRIC SPACE SPIDERS!
- ASK FATHER: Mass texts for St. Elijah, Old Testament Prophet
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Brick by Brick
This from the inimitable Fr. Hunwicke at his always gratifying page with my Usual Treatment™:
How to introduce the Vetus Ordo to a country church overnight
“For weeks before my induction I had been in the parish seeing people in their homes and … Continue reading
The newly ordained are celebrating their First Masses.
I had a note about the First Mass of a new young priest in San Francisco.
Congratulations to Fr. Alvin Yu. Here he is at Sts. Peter and Paul Church, where he grew up. … Continue reading
And example of what young priests can do when they have a chance.
A chapel at a school: before and after.
Our “worship spaces” don’t have to be ugly.
Our churches and chapels reflect what we believe (or at least what the designers … Continue reading
I just received something interesting from a reader in Chicago, for your Brick By Brick file.
Perhaps you have at some time driven down the Kennedy Expressway. Suddenly the Interstate bends sharply around, and very close to, the rectory of St. … Continue reading
There is a bit of head scratching going on in traditional circles about whether attendance at TLMs has either hit a plateau or, like Sisyphus’ rock, is rolling backwards.
Here is post from the charming and erudite Prof. Joseph Shaw of England’s Latin … Continue reading
There is a good article at greenvilleonline.com:
Old Latin past illuminates future for Catholic church [Great headline]
Tom Kelly felt like something was lost 50 years ago this month, when traditional Latin Mass was abandoned by the Roman Catholic Church with a … Continue reading
Brick by brick, my readers, brick by brick.
I had some good news:
Here is a good example of the Traditionalists “Riding The Bike”. [See this rant HERE.]
A Parish near St. Louis is starting a Latin Mass through the efforts of a few dedicated … Continue reading
I saw at Aleteia a story about the great traditional young people’s group Juventutem (which has that unfortunate “J”). The undersigned is mentioned, but that is not the important issue. What is important is the growth of chapters of this … Continue reading
Here is a good Brick By Brick story.
A while back I posted a note to traditional Catholics. This is our time to push forward and use the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and advance the vision of Benedict XVI. I urge … Continue reading
The discussion of confessions during Mass is hardly new to long-time readers of this blog. I’ve dealt with it many times. For example, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, …
This is hardly new also to Catholics who seek out the traditional form of the … Continue reading
I will subtitle this entry: Buy Some Cards – Help A Monastery.
I recently received some spiffy cards with vesting prayers for bishops, priests, deacons and subdeacons.
They were produced by the…
2, rue de la Croix
83680 La Garde-Freinet
Tel. +33 4 94 … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file,
Fr. John Hollowell in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis at his blog On The Rock says he has started celebrating Holy Mass in the Usus Antiquior of the Roman Rite… once a week.
I quibble with him … Continue reading
Each time I see a CNS Video I muse, “is this the same CNS I know?
It seems to be!