You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
- Athelstan said “I suppose it’s just the mindset of those wh...
- onosurf said Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
- Robbie said I don’t often leave comments, but when I do...
- BobP said >First, if you don’t like the new translation,...
- friarpark said We have a situation where a lot of the old transla...
- APX said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
- AvantiBev said Reading that 1973 version ICEL (or ICK!) of the Co...
- Mary Jane said An all-male sanctuary fosters vocations to the pri...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Brick by Brick
Here is a good Brick By Brick story.
A while back I posted a note to traditional Catholics. This is our time to push forward and use the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and advance the vision of Benedict XVI. I urge … Continue reading
The discussion of confessions during Mass is hardly new to long-time readers of this blog. I’ve dealt with it many times. For example, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, …
This is hardly new also to Catholics who seek out the traditional form of the … Continue reading
I will subtitle this entry: Buy Some Cards – Help A Monastery.
I recently received some spiffy cards with vesting prayers for bishops, priests, deacons and subdeacons.
They were produced by the…
2, rue de la Croix
83680 La Garde-Freinet
Tel. +33 4 94 … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file,
Fr. John Hollowell in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis at his blog On The Rock says he has started celebrating Holy Mass in the Usus Antiquior of the Roman Rite… once a week.
I quibble with him … Continue reading
Each time I see a CNS Video I muse, “is this the same CNS I know?
It seems to be!
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, Brick by Brick, St. Peter’s Basilica, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
Brick by brick… college by college…
From a reader:
Thought you might like to know that Franciscan University just celebrated its first Solemn High Mass for the patronal feast of Christ the King (for Christ the King Chapel). I know that a … Continue reading
From a reader, as a follow up to my post Brick by Brick: How to get a TLM on the schedule at your parish, a reader sent the following:
You kindly posted a blog on September 13th about my parish priest allowing … Continue reading
Friar by friar.
Here’s something to cheer the heart.
The Official Studentate Photo for the Dominican Province of St. Joseph
These are the men in the Easter Province of the USA.
Vocations. It’s not rocket science.
Speaking of vocations…
… how about supporting even more … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I responded before to your inquiry about what training was or was not being offered in seminaries in the celebration of the Extraordinary Form. At the time you inquired there was no training offered for the EF. Therefore, … Continue reading