Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- kpoterack said “‘Whoa’ . . . The reaction of th...
- Priam1184 said @mamajen: You are right. I also trust Pope Franc...
- pelerin said There are many interesting facts about Lent on the...
- Sonshine135 said Alter rails! Stations! Beautiful Paintings! Beauti...
- jackj said I had trouble with both Google Chrome and Internet...
- RJHighland said What a huge difference, the high altar is gorgeous...
- acardnal said As I read this post, I thought about the standard...
- Gerard Plourde said What a beautiful restoration. I’ve never und...
- Rellis said This is beautiful. If it never changed from here,...
- wmeyer said This is the reaction of a soul that is open to wha...
- Bressani56 said I’m fairly certain Pius XII gave some kind o...
- Phil_NL said I can only say that I’m exceedingly glad the...
- Fr AJ said Wow, how we’ve gone from every day but Sunda...
- Lepidus said Very interesting, Father. Thanks for posting. Th...
- mamajen said Gorgeous! I know I shouldn’t, but when I fin...
- Bea said Thanks Father. Came through loud and clear.
- The Masked Chicken said The laws of fasting are somewhat dependent on our...
- Michael said I’m happy to say I was able to donate to thi...
- majuscule said Meanwhile over at the Fishwrap™: The Vatican is tr...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks again Father Z. I am enjoying your Lentcazt...
- Sword40 said +Jacques-Benigne Bossuet. Thank you Fr. Z, I have...
- rdschreiner said At the Cathedral of St. Paul, Minnesota I’ve...
- McCall1981 said @ polycarpio, I agree with what you’re sayin...
- JacobWall said I’m a fan of the idea of fewer regulations,...
- Sonshine135 said I have been going to confession more frequently an...
- campbreeze said I always listen, thanks for everything.
- Michael said It always amazes me how easy we have it nowadays...
- kevinm said Thanks Father…this is a great way to start t...
- Andkaras said Only gets to 1.34 for me .
- liturmatt said Thank you Father. The French bishop you quoted, wh...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: bullying
At News and Faith there is a good piece everyone should look at.
OPEN SEASON ON PRIESTS? Demands To Disclose Names Of Priests Not Credibly Accused Of Abuse Go Too Far!
St. Paul, MN—Catholics priests have rights, too, and the Catholic Defense … Continue reading →
Michael Sean Winters has a piece at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) in which he attacks both Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison (and the undersigned). MSW doesn’t like clerics who are “culture warriors”, you see. The Fishwrappers claim that “culture … Continue reading →
When people come into church looking to turn the moment of Holy Communion into a protest moment or a demonstration in favor of some cause, especially one that opposes any teachings of the Church, those people must be denied Holy … Continue reading →
Biretta tip to the pro-life blog of Jill Stanek (who recently linked to me, so I am returning the favor!).
As you know, the IRS has been targeting and harassing conservatives. I wouldn’t be surprised if this came from the Oval … Continue reading →
Archbishop Nienstedt of St. Paul & Minneapolis stands up again!
Catholic Church ramps up opposition to Minnesota anti-bullying bill
By Beth Hawkins
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has come out strongly against proposed anti-bullying legislation, linking it to the push to … Continue reading →
VIDEO: Craven, narcissistic, bullying slubberdegullion liberal (redundant, I know) harasses Chick-fil-A employee.
CMR deserves thanks for letting us know about this video. Give him some traffic.
This is a great example of what liberals are really like. Talk about hate!
Brrrr…. I just had a flashback to my old seminary faculty. … Continue reading →
In the Sunday edition of Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) there is a good op-ed by Ross Douthat. I recommend his book: Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics.
Defining Religious Liberty Down
By ROSS DOUTHAT
THE words “freedom of … Continue reading →
Priests and bishops will be targeted by homosexuals activists as victims in harassing court cases. Proponents of unnatural acts will bully – through litigation and threats of litigation and even violence – bully clergy into doing things that are contrary … Continue reading →
A press release from The Catholic Action League:
THREATS AGAINST CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ACUSHNET
A Catholic parish in the Diocese of Fall River [Massachusetts] has become the object of threats of violence, and vandalism, because of a sign posted on church property supporting … Continue reading →
From the Daily Mail comes this.
I have some sympathy for this fellow.
Severed pig’s head dumped on doorstep of crime fighting Italian priest after he condemned Mafia
Mobsters have dumped the severed head of a pig on the doorstep of a brave … Continue reading →