Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Geoffrey: I really expected Archbishop Gomez to reign in this event little by little. It seems like he has done nothing in this regard. Very sad.
- Red A Surcami: Please pray for the soul of Lt Col Ben L who passed two days ago. Also for my wife’s health and for me to have the grace to be a good care giver.
- Bellarmino Vianney: McCarrick should indeed publicly repent for the most grave evils that he has done – up to and including whatever he was involved with at the last conclave. And it is true...
- FrAnt: I went to the video above on YouTube. At this time it has 7609 views, 73 thumbs down, and 2 thumbs up. A majority of the comments are negative. And the best is that it is in the category of...
- iPadre: This event is the liberal love fest. I just don’ t get how it continues to go on.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Sawyer: Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. All the usual suspects. Can one hope for honesty about the issues in such a context? I doubt...
- Charles Sercer: Spraffmeis ter, Those sound like some reasonable suggestion s. I have nothing against having a full calendar of saints as long as modificati ons for how each ranking is carried out...
- Sawyer: Oh, I forgot to add that Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. Readers can view workshop titles and read descriptio ns here: http://rec ongress...
- Diana: As a new TLM goer, I found this discussion to be very helpful, as I often ask myself the same thing as I watch what others do: “sho uld I be doing that?̶ 1; “why are they...
- Diana: Please pray for my husband 217;s conversion . Thank you.
- semperficatholic: Holy Office January 28, 1954 Warning of the Holy Office concerning the “Pro mises of St. Bridget 221; In some places, a little work has been disseminat ed called the...
- Sawyer: Mahony has been a frequently scheduled speaker over the past several years. Nothing new there. Usually on the immigratio n topic. Fr. James Martin will speak again, of course. Gomez has...
- SanSan: This is insanely remarkable . Who will take over this train wreck and put a stop to it?!
- teomatteo: With all thats going on in the church Archbishop Gomez does… ;.nothing.
- Semper Gumby: Prayers for all intentions here.
- Semper Gumby: Lurker 59, Grant M, et al: Good points. Fr. Murray wrote an open letter to McCarrick, Fr. Z posted it on 19 September.
- barryaltarserver1985: For me to get a job and for a new (and faithful) Archbishop in Washington
- spraffmeister: I think that an approach similar to that of the “Cur rent Tridentine Ordo” ; would be the best option, i.e. follow the principles of St Pius V, in that the saints on the...
- CradleRevert: Those sound like the Mozarabic chant versions of the Lamentatio ns. They are extraordin arily beautiful versions of the Lamentatio ns. We’v e sang them for Tenebrae the last two...
- frjim4321: We have to not only stand on the altar but also put a ladder on it to cover the crucifix for passiontid e. But the altar cloth and corporal are removed and cardboard is put on the marble...
- JamesF-J: For UK readers could I also highly recommend Sams Rosaries: http://www .samsrosar ies.co.uk/ index.php . I have their black agate and sterling silver rosary (lovely weight to it) and they...
- Bellarmino Vianney: Can anyone actually confirm the letter was really written by Vigano? Some have commented on the oddities of such a public letter. It actually makes Vigano look bad to demand...
- JonPatrick: In 2009 when I decided to get serious about my faith I bought a rosary at the gift shop of the Franciscan Friary in Kennebunkp ort ME. It started to fall apart last year, so I bought...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting this. The rosary I bought at the Basilica Cathedral of St. Cecile in Albi is about to fall apart. I need a new rosary.
- Clinton R.: “In The Present Crisis we need the Most Holy Rosary now more than ever.̶ 1; Amen, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
- An Argentinian bishop on Communion in the hand
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: bullying
The root of “liberal” is Latin liber, meaning “free”. Hence, “liberals”: “Those with whom you are free to agree.” God help you if you don’t. At the National Sodomitic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), there is an editorial which reeks of the … Continue reading →
On this day, 9/11, when we should all, with damp eyes, wear our war faces, I am conscious of bullying. There is no question that homosexuals have, in the past and present, been the victims of bullying. That surely is … Continue reading →
At News and Faith there is a good piece everyone should look at. OPEN SEASON ON PRIESTS? Demands To Disclose Names Of Priests Not Credibly Accused Of Abuse Go Too Far! St. Paul, MN—Catholics priests have rights, too, and the … Continue reading →
Michael Sean Winters has a piece at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) in which he attacks both Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison (and the undersigned). MSW doesn’t like clerics who are “culture warriors”, you see. The Fishwrappers claim that “culture … Continue reading →
When people come into church looking to turn the moment of Holy Communion into a protest moment or a demonstration in favor of some cause, especially one that opposes any teachings of the Church, those people must be denied Holy … Continue reading →
Biretta tip to the pro-life blog of Jill Stanek (who recently linked to me, so I am returning the favor!). As you know, the IRS has been targeting and harassing conservatives. I wouldn’t be surprised if this came from the … Continue reading →
Archbishop Nienstedt of St. Paul & Minneapolis stands up again! Catholic Church ramps up opposition to Minnesota anti-bullying bill By Beth Hawkins The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has come out strongly against proposed anti-bullying legislation, linking it to … Continue reading →
VIDEO: Craven, narcissistic, bullying slubberdegullion liberal (redundant, I know) harasses Chick-fil-A employee.
CMR deserves thanks for letting us know about this video. Give him some traffic. This is a great example of what liberals are really like. Talk about hate! Brrrr…. I just had a flashback to my old seminary faculty. Brrrrrrr! … Continue reading →
In the Sunday edition of Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) there is a good op-ed by Ross Douthat. I recommend his book: Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics. Defining Religious Liberty Down By ROSS DOUTHAT THE … Continue reading →
Priests and bishops will be targeted by homosexuals activists as victims in harassing court cases. Proponents of unnatural acts will bully – through litigation and threats of litigation and even violence – bully clergy into doing things that are contrary … Continue reading →
A press release from The Catholic Action League: THREATS AGAINST CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ACUSHNET A Catholic parish in the Diocese of Fall River [Massachusetts] has become the object of threats of violence, and vandalism, because of a sign posted on church … Continue reading →
From the Daily Mail comes this. I have some sympathy for this fellow. Severed pig’s head dumped on doorstep of crime fighting Italian priest after he condemned Mafia Mobsters have dumped the severed head of a pig on the doorstep … Continue reading →
I think there may be a political/social war brewing in St. Paul, Minnesota along the lines of what we saw in Madison, Wisconsin over the issue of the state budget and labor unions. In Minnesota, however, the issue will be … Continue reading →
I have noted an interesting trend. When a parish priest opts for male only service at the altar (i.e., no altar girls) he is attacked in the press. I don’t mean the local shopper insert, either. The priest is now … Continue reading →
I have wondered from time to time whether or not how many prodigies the likes of Bach have been aborted, creative healers such as Salk or poets such as Eliot have been ended before their birth. Leaving aside the prodigies, … Continue reading →