When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- jltuttle said Well this is grand! I mean the news about John C....
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z would have to say Novus Ordo Mass more or les...
- WYMiriam said Fr. Z asked if we agree with what DAndrew said: ...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kathleen10, I’m always having to, and liking...
- cheyan said I actually like the ICEL prayer – not as a t...
- timfout said Our pastor, who is a wonderful almost still young...
- amenamen said Using words, Saint Francis of Assisi said many thi...
- excalibur said Father Z, the perfect man for the Kansas City-St....
- AnAmericanMother said Yes, yes, yes! Thank you Father for your frequent...
- datritle said I miss the white background
- AnAmericanMother said Fr. Philip Neri, OP, I absolutely agree that homil...
- PhilipNeri said Imrahil, I am deeply scandalized by the notion tha...
- CCS said Ignore my last comment, problem seems to have been...
- CCS said Iphone 6+ running Covenant Eyes browser. The site...
- Andrew said Giuseppe: As far as I can tell – and I looke...
- John UK said Thank you for the helpful reflection. The simple G...
- catholiccomelately said If I carry handwritten pages into the Confessional...
- Kathleen10 said I need Shakespeare for Dummies.
- Per Signum Crucis said EPI on high days and holy days; EPIII on most ordi...
- Giuseppe said Summa Theologiae, 2nd part of 2nd part. Q.32 Artic...
- PomeroyonthePalouse said In our parish, it’s 94% II, 1% Eucharistic P...
- mysticalrose said This translation and commentary is a wonderful and...
- asperges said Thanks to St Winifride for news of Bugnini’s...
- Giuseppe said Amazing catechism from 1899. — free ebook li...
- pattif said As a wise priest said to me, when a seminarian fri...
- msc said I like those two parallel relative clauses at the...
- Per Signum Crucis said Elizabeth D, A nice start! To add a few more them...
- Imrahil said Dear Giuseppe, the CCC wasn’t here giving a...
- Gregorius said I never get to enjoy EP II… I get distracted...
- VexillaRegis said I have two very urgent and pressing prayer request...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: bullying
At News and Faith there is a good piece everyone should look at.
OPEN SEASON ON PRIESTS? Demands To Disclose Names Of Priests Not Credibly Accused Of Abuse Go Too Far!
St. Paul, MN—Catholics priests have rights, too, and the Catholic Defense … Continue reading →
Michael Sean Winters has a piece at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) in which he attacks both Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison (and the undersigned). MSW doesn’t like clerics who are “culture warriors”, you see. The Fishwrappers claim that “culture … Continue reading →
When people come into church looking to turn the moment of Holy Communion into a protest moment or a demonstration in favor of some cause, especially one that opposes any teachings of the Church, those people must be denied Holy … Continue reading →
Biretta tip to the pro-life blog of Jill Stanek (who recently linked to me, so I am returning the favor!).
As you know, the IRS has been targeting and harassing conservatives. I wouldn’t be surprised if this came from the Oval … Continue reading →
Archbishop Nienstedt of St. Paul & Minneapolis stands up again!
Catholic Church ramps up opposition to Minnesota anti-bullying bill
By Beth Hawkins
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has come out strongly against proposed anti-bullying legislation, linking it to the push to … Continue reading →
VIDEO: Craven, narcissistic, bullying slubberdegullion liberal (redundant, I know) harasses Chick-fil-A employee.
CMR deserves thanks for letting us know about this video. Give him some traffic.
This is a great example of what liberals are really like. Talk about hate!
Brrrr…. I just had a flashback to my old seminary faculty. … Continue reading →
In the Sunday edition of Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) there is a good op-ed by Ross Douthat. I recommend his book: Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics.
Defining Religious Liberty Down
By ROSS DOUTHAT
THE words “freedom of … Continue reading →
Priests and bishops will be targeted by homosexuals activists as victims in harassing court cases. Proponents of unnatural acts will bully – through litigation and threats of litigation and even violence – bully clergy into doing things that are contrary … Continue reading →
A press release from The Catholic Action League:
THREATS AGAINST CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ACUSHNET
A Catholic parish in the Diocese of Fall River [Massachusetts] has become the object of threats of violence, and vandalism, because of a sign posted on church property supporting … Continue reading →
From the Daily Mail comes this.
I have some sympathy for this fellow.
Severed pig’s head dumped on doorstep of crime fighting Italian priest after he condemned Mafia
Mobsters have dumped the severed head of a pig on the doorstep of a brave … Continue reading →