You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: bullying
Archbishop Nienstedt of St. Paul & Minneapolis stands up again!
Catholic Church ramps up opposition to Minnesota anti-bullying bill
By Beth Hawkins
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has come out strongly against proposed anti-bullying legislation, linking it to the push to … Continue reading →
VIDEO: Craven, narcissistic, bullying slubberdegullion liberal (redundant, I know) harasses Chick-fil-A employee.
CMR deserves thanks for letting us know about this video. Give him some traffic.
This is a great example of what liberals are really like. Talk about hate!
Brrrr…. I just had a flashback to my old seminary faculty. … Continue reading →
In the Sunday edition of Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) there is a good op-ed by Ross Douthat. I recommend his book: Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics.
Defining Religious Liberty Down
By ROSS DOUTHAT
THE words “freedom of … Continue reading →
Priests and bishops will be targeted by homosexuals activists as victims in harassing court cases. Proponents of unnatural acts will bully – through litigation and threats of litigation and even violence – bully clergy into doing things that are contrary … Continue reading →
A press release from The Catholic Action League:
THREATS AGAINST CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ACUSHNET
A Catholic parish in the Diocese of Fall River [Massachusetts] has become the object of threats of violence, and vandalism, because of a sign posted on church property supporting … Continue reading →
From the Daily Mail comes this.
I have some sympathy for this fellow.
Severed pig’s head dumped on doorstep of crime fighting Italian priest after he condemned Mafia
Mobsters have dumped the severed head of a pig on the doorstep of a brave … Continue reading →
I think there may be a political/social war brewing in St. Paul, Minnesota along the lines of what we saw in Madison, Wisconsin over the issue of the state budget and labor unions. In Minnesota, however, the issue will be … Continue reading →
I have noted an interesting trend. When a parish priest opts for male only service at the altar (i.e., no altar girls) he is attacked in the press. I don’t mean the local shopper insert, either. The priest is now … Continue reading →
I have wondered from time to time whether or not how many prodigies the likes of Bach have been aborted, creative healers such as Salk or poets such as Eliot have been ended before their birth. Leaving aside the prodigies, … Continue reading →
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, the parish priest at St. Magdalen in Brighton, England, is taking heat from homosexual activist(s). Check Fr. Blake’s blog here.
Here is the pattern.
Father teaches Catholic doctrine clearly.
No matter how charitable Father is someone “takes offense”.
That … Continue reading →