Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- amenamen: In Greek mythology Halcyon (Alcyone) threw herself into the sea, in grief over her husband, Ceyx, who had been killed by Zeus (for good reason). In an act of pity, the gods transforme d...
- Imrahil: It seems I don’ t even understand the sense of the quote, including why it is offensive. What is Orientalis m? What is Catholic Ad Orientalis m? And of course, if you take the words...
- TonyO: Here’ ;s my experience : I lived in fairly conservati ve parish in the very conservati ve diocese, Arlington, VA. About a year ago Fr. Pastor re-introdu ced mass ad orientem for all...
- Gab: God bless the Most Rev, Strickland . What simple yet almighty powerful words of truth. Now HE’S a great priest and a great man.
- maternalView: Yes. We need to remember there are good men. Maybe it’s only a few. But the Lord doesn̵ 7;t need much! Bless them! I don’ t believe these men will give up.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: In case you missed it, there is, in the first American edition the Catholic Herald, a great caricature of Faggioli and a descriptio n of his “tri be” (among...
- WVC: @Semper Gumby – geez! My comments were validation for hundreds of thousands of men to be killed and an entire half of the country to be reconstruc ted into abject poverty for decad...
- Gab: I’m seriously wondering if our Mr Bean is in need of an exorcism.
- Dismas: I have perhaps the most horrifying image to present to a partisan bishop opposed to the EF: How long did the Oath Against Modernism last?
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson: I think it has to do with the scientific fact that, in the non-Wester n World (the global south, East Asia and Oceania), the sun rises in the West, rather than the East....
- Charles E Flynn: Edward Said’ ;s “Ori entalism 8221; is one of the most-reque sted books in many academic research libraries. The other side of the story is often overlooked : Defend...
- iamlucky13: For all their enthusiasm over Vatican II, the article is surprising ly short on details about the frustratio n I assume they must have shared that so little of Sacrosanct um Concil...
- iamlucky13: The most coherent explanatio n I can come up with is Mr. Faggioli is a flat-earth er.
- ChiaraDiAssisi: Reading comments from priests are indeed edifying. They truly want to do what they can to save souls and relieve them of at least if the spiritual burden of their sins and bring our...
- Grabski: Ironically Pope Francis headed the Eastern Catholic Ordinairia te in Argentina& #8230;
- arga: Orientalis m is Edward Said’ ;s contributi on to knowledge. But Faggioli 8217;s use of it in this context is pathetical ly sophomoric .
- abasham: Others have pointed out the definition of “ori entalism 8221; that I think ol’ Beans is going for here, but I’ll add that a significan t part of this “ori ental...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z for the podcast. A masterpiec e of a speech. A tactical masterpiec e at Gettysburg was performed by Col. Joshua Chamberlai n and the 20th Maine at Little Round Top. Great...
- Kathleen10: I have no idea what he really is talking about, but let the cricket in the reeds hazard a guess̷ 0; He’s making a play on words between ad ORIENTem and Ad ORIENTalis m. I do...
- Simon_GNR: vetusta ecclesia: you echo my thoughts exactly. These ex-priests might do quite well as ministers in various protestant sects. But why were they ever selected for priestly formation in...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik: I’ve often said that to denigrate ad orientem worship in the Western Church is not only to suggest that the Latins had been “doi ng it wrong̶ 1; all those centur...
- tho: APX: I was only in the sixth grade, and our Sister was not a graduate of a theologica l school where they talk in circles.
- Fr. John: Great idea Father, some of us do not have “Arms” and I would love to research this more. Any suggestion s for resources? Zenit reported several years ago that the Vatican was going to...
- Robert_Caritas: Interestin gly, I heard that Golias, the French NCR, is staffed in large part by former priests and seminarian s. No one else I think would be interested in the ideologize d brand...
- Greg Hlatky: I suppose the OF Mass can be reverent and dignified. I’ve never been to one like that. My experience has been more “The Father Tom Show, with special guest Jesus Christ,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- VIDEO: A few good men and The Present Crisis
- Beans v. the East – @MassimoFaggioli cheapshots Orientals
- The effect of the Extraordinary Form on vocations to the priesthood
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- Truly pathetic musings at the Fishwrap about priesthood and those halcyon days of Vatican II
- 19 Nov 1863: The Gettysburg Address
- Christmas, Priests, Arms, and You
- Reliable Catholic and Pro-Life Causes
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Card. Burke
His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke (whom Clement XIV-II would give the title “Indagator Particularis in perpetuo)” was on Raymond Arroyo’s show last night.
Here is the full video. I set it to start at the interview.
Among interesting moments are
Card. Burke’s … Continue reading
On 8 August 2018, at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe near La Crosse, WI, I asked Card. Burke to say a prayer for the Church and for the clergy. Perhaps you, too, would say a Memorare for … Continue reading
I had notice of an upcoming event at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe near La Crosse, Wisconsin.
If you have never visited this beautiful shrine, you might consider a summer road trip pilgrimage. Also in Wisconsin is the shrine … Continue reading
For various reasons I had to demur, but at one point I was to be deacon for this.
This is how they do it in Minneapolis, friends.
Not too bad, all in all. A worthy observance of Gaudete Sunday.
I hate to send … Continue reading
A friend in England alerted me to this video of a speech given in Rome last May by His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke.
The Cardinal speaks, inter alia, of diabolical forces that have entered the Church in our time.
Contrast Card. … Continue reading
Since the Lord Ascended to the right hand of the Father, Christians have felt themselves to be in the “end times”. Indeed, we are in the “end times”. The Lord achieved His victory. Now it is all over but for … Continue reading
In spite of official explanations of still hot topics concerning the Fatima apparitions and ongoing messages received by Sr. Lucia, I still have questions.
Concerning one of those questions…
At LifeSite I’ve read the following:
BREAKING: Cardinal Burke calls for Consecration of Russia … Continue reading
At Akita, Japan, Our Lady is purported to have said:
“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will … Continue reading
One of the most moving, and instructive, experiences of my life occurred one summer when I visited my boss.
One summer I took some friends with me to the Benedictine monastery of Metten, where my boss in the curia, and the … Continue reading
At St. Raymond of Penafort Church in Virginia (which if I am not mistaken was built by my my friend Fr. James Gould), another Raymond, Card. Burke, answered a question about the Five Dubia submitted by the Four Cardinals about the … Continue reading
In the wake of other news about Card. Burke….
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber:
The Vatican announced today that Pope Francis has named Cardinal Raymond Burke to be the first prefect of the Congregation of Janitorial Services.
Francis’ decision to choose … Continue reading
UPDATE: From the SMOM:
Fra’ Ludwig Hoffmann von Rumerstein assumes the office of Lieutenant ad interim, Albrecht Boeselager resumes his office as Grand Chancellor
The Sovereign Council, the government of the Sovereign Order of Malta, met this afternoon in the Magistral Palace … Continue reading
Lots of lefties are hopping up and down in little circles because the Four Cardinals (Burke, Caffara, Meisner, Brandmueller) offered Five Dubia (questions, narrowly framed, asking for yes or no clarificatory responses) arising from the objective lack of clarity in … Continue reading