Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Elizium23 said Hey guys, can’t the EF be offered at a frees...
- MaryW said Memorares offered for your speedy recovery, Father...
- robtbrown said jflare says: Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reser...
- Siculum said @New Sister: That so? Bishop Loverde confirmed me...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twic...
- New Sister said @ acardnal – I am sorry you had to move away...
- New Sister said Abp Loverde gives the same homily at each Confirma...
- NoTambourines said A few years ago, financial necessity caused me to...
- SKAY said Thank you Father. You are in my prayers as always.
- Makemeaspark said Thank you Fr. Z for posting this, and MikeM221 for...
- acardnal said I lived in the Arlington Diocese for 24 years. Lo...
- LeslieL said Here I am chiming in from Eastern Long Island̷...
- DavidJ said On it!
- kevinm said Thank you Father and I wish you a speedy recovery....
- mburn16 said Looks like the first miracle has cleared the medic...
- jhayes said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- teomatteo said I rarely sit near the back of church but one sunda...
- jhayes said It would be interesting to know if the reproductio...
- NBW said Praying for you Fr.Z.
- Mike said Whenever I get to go to a TLM, it’s in this...
- ConstantlyConverting said Homemade bone broth does wonders for the immune sy...
- Rachel K said Praying for you dear Fr Z.
- Rachel K said This is an excellent letter from BP Loverde. I was...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening every day, Father. Thank you very m...
- wanda said Praying for your speedy recovery and the strength...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z, and I am praying for your spe...
- Siculum said I wish I could’ve made it to that speech by...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Card. Burke
Over at Eponymous Flower I saw a post that Cardinal Burke has praised the old Catechism of Pius X.
I must agree. Back in the day, Catechisms were designed to help you understand and also memorize things. Somewhere along … Continue reading
Raymond Card. Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, is probably the expert on can. 915.
I picked this up from EWTN:
Cardinal says no communion for Irish politicians who support abortion
As the Irish parliament considers legalizing some abortions, Cardinal Raymond Burke says … Continue reading
Recently His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke visited Clear Creek Monastery within the Diocese of Tulsa, which the wonderful Bp. Slattery reigns:
Technorati Tags: Bp. Slattery, Card. Burke, Clear Creek, D. Tulsa
This came to my email from the Dignitatis Humanae Institute:
The much publicised claim of Planned Parenthood to not only provide abortions but also health services such as mammograms have been proven as false. Following President Obama’s repeated assertion of the … Continue reading
Card. Burke’s contribution at the Synod of Bishops: “antinomianism …infected post-Council ecclesial life”
His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke, distinguished canonist and head of the Church’s “Supreme Court” gave his contribution to the Synod of Bishops. The theme he touched on, all too briefly, alas, was topic also examined at a canon law conference … Continue reading
Card. Burke wrote a prayer which the Catholic Vote folks have posted:
AN ELECTION YEAR PRAYER FOR THE FAITHFUL
WITNESS OF CATHOLICS IN THE UNITED STATES
By His Eminence Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke,
Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura
O Lord Jesus … Continue reading
His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke, in this video interview with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN, in commenting on Benedict XVI’s Summorum Pontificum speaks to something that I have been harping on incessantly for years.
I have been saying that we must revitalize … Continue reading