- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- cowboyengineer said While I disagree with just about everything that s...
- Scott W. said “But here’s my point: it is everyone’s obligation,...
- DonL said “…a strong supporter of unconstrained...
- benedetta said Speaking of, err, Camilles?
- benedetta said I guess the limb ripping of a child within the wom...
- +JMJ+ said A brilliant interview.
- joan ellen said DonL: “…instead of skirting with sacri...
- joan ellen said These last few comments lead me to think that emph...
- Christ_opher said A few questions here firstly I’m in France a...
- pmullane said “It was Jewish comedians who turned stand-up...
- Elizabeth D said The video told me I need a plugin but did not spec...
- Matthew K said When I read the article I had to say a quick praye...
- DavidJ said I find it hard to look at viewpoints that make no...
- Raymond said I love how–in true Wojtyla/Ratzinger fashion...
- Gratias said Cecile Richards, the Planned Parenthood leader tha...
- frjim4321 said “But here’s my point: it is everyone’s oblig...
- Scott Woltze said “You need a full range of viewpoints to unde...
- Benedict Joseph said Was it Camus who explored the possibility of the &...
- djc said I always feel a little disappointed that Ms. Pagli...
- pseudomodo said Iamlucky13, The quote was from Bishop Fulton J. Sh...
- steve51b31 said Fr. Z, I am ever thankful that you are out there f...
- iamlucky13 said ” I’m sorry, but Jon Stewart is not a major...
- richly said I respect Ms. Paglia highly because she embodies w...
- Winfield said Joseph-Mary, I’m afraid Fr. Rutler’s p...
- FrAnt said The comedians of yesterday played to an educated a...
- Joseph-Mary said Father Rutler’s article is incredible! I ho...
- Luvadoxi said Hi Father–I don’t know if you intended...
- The Masked Chicken said “2. Leaving before the Mass is over AKA the...
- benedetta said Really interesting! Planning on reading the whole...
- The Masked Chicken said As to the control of the mainstream press by liber...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (53)
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days (43)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (30)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (26)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (25)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (17)
- Liberals – unmasked (16)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (13)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – Greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Use of Novus Ordo Collect in the TLM
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video
- Signs in the Heavens: recent rare planetary and stellar conjunctions
- ASK FATHER: Many languages in one Mass
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass in alb and stole
- Banning kneeling violates religious freedom
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. Dolan
His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of the New York, will visit the Church of the Holy Innocents on Saturday 28 February 2015. At 10 AM, His Eminence will celebrate a Mass for the Dead (Ordinary Form) for Fr. Benedict … Continue reading
How I would like to have been in Manhattan on Sunday at Holy Innocents parish for their Patronal Feast! Holy Innocents, once considered for the guillotine, was given a reprieve by His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan. Many people expressed their dismay that such … Continue reading
Another day, another Synod post. Yes, it’ll be over soon. For a while. Then it will fire back up in full fury before next year’s Synod. Today the bishops are working on the final Relatio. They will use electronic voting … Continue reading
The cause for beatification of Ven. Archbp. Fulton Sheen has been put on hold. Apparently, two dioceses have to settle their differences over the final disposition of the Venerable’s body. The person or entity making the request that a cause … Continue reading
Card. Dolan at USCCB about HHS mandate: Bishops will “not violate our consciences and not obey what we consider to be something immoral”
From CNS: Conference of Catholic Bishops on HHS Mandate: We Will ‘Not Obey What We Consider to Be Immoral’ (CNSNews.com) – Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, says the Roman Catholic Church will continue to … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! I am pretty cynical about USCCB meetings. But this time I am pretty fired up. I just listened to Cardinal Dolan’s address as President of the conference. In his address His Eminence spoke about … Continue reading
If you watch the video of Card. Dolan’s final words and blessing at the end of the Al Smith Dinner (HERE), you will hear him quip in a self-deprecating way that he had hoped that Gov. Christie of New Jersey … Continue reading
[wp_youtube]v8jPCE-EIM4[/wp_youtube] From Card. Dolan’s blog, comes the text of his prayer at the end of the 2012 GOP convention. Since I originally post this, more text was added to the Cardinal’s blog entry. Welcome to the blogosphere to whomever it … Continue reading