When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Amateur Scholastic said For an excellent discussion of what’s really...
- Glennonite said I am in crisis. For two and a half years I have r...
- ctln said I’m so glad that someone brought this up. In...
- Kerry said Oops, “Ecclesiae suae sanctae”. KatieL...
- aquinasadmirer said @kekeak2008 I’ve been doing this for my (now...
- Kerry said Yesterday, at the NO mass, at the end of “Pr...
- Suburbanbanshee said Retired priest gave a homily on the Vine and the B...
- Moro said For a suitable summer job and soon as the school y...
- Midwest St. Michael said I bless our children too, kekeak. We have five ag...
- polycarped said “…even if they wear pointy hats and ri...
- aviva meriam said Please pray for my son’s school which is und...
- Cantor said Best sermon I’ve ever heard, and it took pla...
- William Tighe said Dafyd wrote: “As an aside, Henry VIII was el...
- roma247 said kekeak2008, I always kept a bottle of holy water h...
- KatieL56 said Just the Sunday before last I had the same sinking...
- Vince K said What about a parent or godparent tracing the sign...
- Tradster said In English when the subject is omitted it usually...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr. Bryan says: Well done, Father! Thanks! I’...
- kekeak2008 said I’m a father of two girls under two, and I r...
- Supertradmum said How wonderful. My son has a first class relic of t...
- Imrahil said Of course a layman is quite entitled to say “...
- Michael_Thoma said What really gets my altar linens in a knot is when...
- Ecumenism, Universalism, and Arian Theology Sympathies Are Let Off It’s Un-Intended Leash – As The New Catholicism Shows It’s True Colors | Traditional Catholics Emerge said […] http://wdtprs.com/blog/2015/04/cns-femin...
- Fr. Bryan said KC9ZJN/AG ARL Fifty Six Upgrade 73 (That ought...
- Supertradmum said I abhor the Nazi salutes at the parish I am attend...
- MouseTemplar said I agree, reading Purgatorio was enormously refresh...
- AugustineFL said Please pray for my wife.
- Gregg the Obscure said While Father did briefly expound on the vine/branc...
- +JMJ+ said Our Parish does this about once a year for our hig...
- benedictgal said I saw the name of one of my best friends on that...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío! & ASK FATHER: Date of Easter in Holy Land
- Swiss Guard Armor Project – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: “Getting rid” of Hosts
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago, has published a piece on the archdiocesan website.
His Eminence gralloched Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the issue of “Chicago values”.
My emphases and comments:
Monday, July 30, 2012
Reflections on “Chicago values”
Recent comments by those who … Continue reading
A reader sent me this.
It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago.
In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other Western societies) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan
By Brian Slodysko
1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011
Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis George has issued a statement … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK.
Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’
Cardinal Francis … Continue reading
One of Julius Caesar’s principles of warfare was that you do well to leave your enemy an honorable escape route unless you plan to crush or fight to the death.
In the Chicago Tribune we find this, with my emphases and … Continue reading
Giving an ultimatum in public to a Cardinal Archbishop when you are a priest of the diocese entrusted to that that Cardinal Archbishop, would, I believe, be considered by most priests to be at the level of daft. One might … Continue reading
Remember the Chicago – and I say Chicago rather than Catholic – priest Fr. Michael Pfleger?
A reader alerted me to this headline and story in the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal suspends Pfleger: ‘You are not able to pastor a Catholic parish’
Citing what … Continue reading
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services.
They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque.
And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there.
From LifeSite News:
Gay protesters swarm Chicago … Continue reading