Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Midwest St. Michael said This may help you, Genevieve: “If you want y...
- Lin said This re-confirms what I have been experiencing at...
- Genevieve said He is deacribing my patish. My children are not ye...
- q7swallows said Sans the presentation of “queens,” we...
- Tina in Ashburn said This description simply announces that the objecti...
- RJHighland said We have a couple of priests in our dioceses that a...
- Johnsum said When the usher signals just about everyone stands...
- Johnsum said My earlier comment belongs in the previous posting...
- Johnsum said When the usher signals just about everyone stands...
- Mike said Download on Chrome under Windows 7. Thank you, Fa...
- Netmilsmom said Prayers Up!
- Netmilsmom said This is what happens when the Church becomes Man c...
- John Grammaticus said Sadly one could say this of so many parishes these...
- Cantor said Thank you for your presentation. When you spoke of...
- zrhaskell said I only have two memories from my early catechesis....
- Mike said Plug-in using Chrome on Android 4.4.4. Worked fine...
- rafferju said in the town 15 miles from me in Ireland, there is...
- SKAY said I have been thinking about Saint John Paul II also...
- ChesterFrank said Thirty or so years ago the great push was for wome...
- yatzer said I’d go for the namaste thing. Probably not g...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thanks to jhayes for drawing attention to Cardinal...
- rdb said This article is “spot on.” We had an...
- Cincinnati Priest said Heorot: Things are very challenging, to be sure, f...
- benedetta said Where I am situated, our very small Extraordinary...
- Sword40 said Our FSSP parish in Seattle has been in existance s...
- RJHighland said You will reep what you sow and you will know them...
- robtbrown said Gerard Plourde, The authority over Church proper...
- Athelstan said imgilbert, Perhaps we are mis-naming this crisis i...
- excalibur said I recommend Simply Saline, in the winter especiall...
- excalibur said I pray for you daily Father Z. Flying is bad for t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Card. George
His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago, has published a piece on the archdiocesan website.
His Eminence gralloched Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the issue of “Chicago values”.
My emphases and comments:
Monday, July 30, 2012
Reflections on “Chicago values”
Recent comments by those who … Continue reading
A reader sent me this.
It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago.
In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other Western societies) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan
By Brian Slodysko
1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011
Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis George has issued a statement … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK.
Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’
Cardinal Francis … Continue reading
One of Julius Caesar’s principles of warfare was that you do well to leave your enemy an honorable escape route unless you plan to crush or fight to the death.
In the Chicago Tribune we find this, with my emphases and … Continue reading
Giving an ultimatum in public to a Cardinal Archbishop when you are a priest of the diocese entrusted to that that Cardinal Archbishop, would, I believe, be considered by most priests to be at the level of daft. One might … Continue reading
Remember the Chicago – and I say Chicago rather than Catholic – priest Fr. Michael Pfleger?
A reader alerted me to this headline and story in the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal suspends Pfleger: ‘You are not able to pastor a Catholic parish’
Citing what … Continue reading
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services.
They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque.
And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there.
From LifeSite News:
Gay protesters swarm Chicago … Continue reading