When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- semperficatholic said We just had our last round of storms this morning...
- AnnTherese said St Donatus: I wonder how you can know for sure tha...
- mamamagistra said I’m impressed! Though I wonder, how often is...
- oldconvert said As somebody above-thread said, possible precaution...
- Marc M said I have never given much thought to this question,...
- Grumpy Beggar said I echo Thom and yatzer ‘s sentiments : chant...
- Henry Edwards said Rachel Pineda: “Is Latin supposed to be so f...
- Latin Mass Type said Rachel Pineda– I really know nothing about t...
- Scott W. said In advance yes, I am asking in sincerity. Is Latin...
- RichR said I’m in the middle of the disaster area in Te...
- thickmick said Yes Gamma10…I 100% agree. Trust in God. DE...
- acardnal said I should have added a link to above comment. The...
- acardnal said Someday you really must visit St Josephat’s...
- DonL said How do you say “pastoral virus” in Ger
- Netmilsmom said Time to move back home to Cleveland!
- Chiara said Rural Catholic – I agree, Bishop Lennon is g...
- MattH said I agree with Moral Hazard that physical fitness ha...
- VexillaRegis said Please pray for us today! After a week with a lot...
- gramma10 said Oh and if you have not read Left To Tell by Immacu...
- gramma10 said Wow! Seems like most of you are prepared. I have a...
- Geoffrey said “This would never have happened under Benedi...
- Glennonite said My truck always: 3/4+ in tank, Bike w/pump & f...
- WYMiriam said Imrahil, the bishops can’t “order̶...
- andia said I keep a backpack with several days worth of cloth...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Two new contributions with more detail by Edward P...
- MWindsor said That should be 8 inches of rain.
- MWindsor said Moon1234 – Only 100 rounds? It’s been...
- jameeka said Br. Augustine of Nubia: I did too!
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Perhaps the Italians have figured out that...
- Br. Augustine of Nubia said I imagined a young St. Augustine of Hippo when I h...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- Blog problems
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
From the Washington Times (the sane paper of the Capitol city):
Chick-fil-A still ruffling [Chicago alderman] Proco Joe Moreno’s feathers
By Peter V. Bella [retired Chicago Police Officer, freelance journalist and photojournalist, cook, and raconteur. WDTPRS likes retired cops… a lot.]
CHICAGO August … Continue reading
His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago, has published a piece on the archdiocesan website.
His Eminence gralloched Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the issue of “Chicago values”.
My emphases and comments:
Monday, July 30, 2012
Reflections on “Chicago values”
Recent comments by those who … Continue reading
A reader sent me this.
It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago.
In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other Western societies) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan
By Brian Slodysko
1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011
Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis George has issued a statement … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK.
Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’
Cardinal Francis … Continue reading
One of Julius Caesar’s principles of warfare was that you do well to leave your enemy an honorable escape route unless you plan to crush or fight to the death.
In the Chicago Tribune we find this, with my emphases and … Continue reading
Giving an ultimatum in public to a Cardinal Archbishop when you are a priest of the diocese entrusted to that that Cardinal Archbishop, would, I believe, be considered by most priests to be at the level of daft. One might … Continue reading
Remember the Chicago – and I say Chicago rather than Catholic – priest Fr. Michael Pfleger?
A reader alerted me to this headline and story in the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal suspends Pfleger: ‘You are not able to pastor a Catholic parish’
Citing what … Continue reading