Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- APX: if I could be so bold as to ask you and your outstandin g readership base to please pray for us and all Law Enforcemen t at this time. Yes! Please! I recently lost a family member who was a...
- ArthurH: A old HS friend, a big fan of SofG Abp Fulton Sheen, just sent this to me yesterday: One of Sheen̵ 7;s later talks on the nature of the demonic, the diabolical . https://ww w.youtu...
- Kathleen10: Jenson, I don’ t know what you are talking about. Maybe I misunderst and, but in my opinion you have not delved into reality, you are talking pie in the sky daydreams about...
- David: I love Fr. MurrayR 17;s contributi ons to these discussion s, since it is so obvious that he thinks the Vatican has gone off the deep end, but he’s a good priest and doesn̵ 7;t...
- Benedict Joseph: Watching it last Thursday evening was a profound consolatio n. Fr. Murray is truly a superior man. His clarity of thought, his ability to articulate complexiti es with precis...
- Ellen: I work on a college campus and one of the Catholic students said that he got some odd looks because of his ashes and heard someone say: “wha t’s that on his face” ; and the...
- Lorra: God bless the NYPD! I will gladly pray for the NYPD daily, and I am going to place each and every one of them in my spiritual family so that Our Lady can watch over them. Thank you, Father...
- MacCheese: This is well worth viewing, and listening very carefully to what Fr. Murray says. Fathers clarity is exceptiona l.
- Jenson71: One would think the Pope desiring cultures, religions, and countries living peacefully among each other despite their difference s would be rather non-contro versial. St. JPII taught...
- jameeka: Enriching and consoling advice. I love the last lines. “…as far as the past, trust in the Blood of Jesus Christ! 221;
- Semper Gumby: “The Reich began violating the deal almost as soon as the ink on the treaty was dry.” ; Socialists like to sign treaties with disappeari ng ink. Then, if they’ ;re...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I am confident that readers here will say a prayer to St. Michael for your protection from all spiritual and temporal harm! And tune in to MondayR 17;s podcast for sure!
- Semper Gumby: Excellent, Lentcazts. Thanks Fr. Z.
- catholic patrolman: Hey Father Z, As I informed you when we first met, you are an honorary member of our fair society and we are honored to be able to post your daily podcasts on our Facebook page...
- OldProfK: According to some reports I’ve read, people saw something. And said something. And the FBI apparently couldnR 17;t be bothered. Whatever they had that was better to do̷...
- Elizabeth D: I knew Jacek a bit and have been praying and am praying for him. I did not know Fr Kunz but his murder impacted everyone including me. Very fitting to remember him with a traditiona l...
- PTK_70: @pbnelson& #8230;.You call it “jab ber” , I call it “con sideration -worthy 221;. You like your question, I like mine. In fact, I reject your question and theref...
- acardnal: The MSM jumps to discussion s of gun control immediatel y because that’ ;s their agenda. But HOW did the shooter get into the school?? I have yet to hear anyone discuss this topic....
- Kathleen10: frjim, please see “Par is Isn’ t Paris Anymore 221; and tell us why any nation should want to look like Paris these days. Liberals are so fascist. Raymond Arroyo dares to...
- tho: There was an article that I just read, about a cop killer being escorted through the Cook County jail, where he was applauded by some of the inmates. We are being inundated by people who have...
- Kathleen10: Multi-face ted problems are not solved with single response solutions. These shootings did not happen in the 1950’ ;s. What was better then? Those of us here know. People outside...
- The Masked Chicken: The first thing I must say is that the families of the shooting victims in Florida have my sympathies . Thankfully , I have never been at the scene of a mass shooting, but they...
- LeeGilbert: Without discountin g anything you’ ve said about the MSM, Father, there are several other factors that deserve a very close look, chief among them the imaginativ e formation of...
- Imrahil: Dear TonyO, allow me to agree in principle but take what you say one step further: you say Even fasting in to lose weight for health (not for vanity) I say: Vanity is by definition an...
- Ellen: At the daycare where my grandchild ren were, you had to used a keypad to get in. There was a list of who could and couldnR 17;t pick up the children and you had to have a ID and sign if...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- Ash Wednesday, Fasting, Abstaining, and You – with notes on alligator, endothermic moonfish, and muskrat
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- Excellent Letter for Lent from Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly – Fr. Z rants, gives 3 points of advice about sin.
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- BOOKS RECEIVED: @DouthatNYT on state the Church under Francis (terrific) – John Rist in Reading Augustine series (a scream)
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
- JUST TOO COOL! Wherein Fr. Z is AMAZED at … coincidences? I think not.
- Concerning lying by omission, the perils of words, and the advantages of silence
- WDTPRS – 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “kissing the porch”
- Wherein Fr. Hunwicke explained and explains today’s “Festum Ovorum”
- ASK FATHER: Could a diocesan priest choose to say only the TLM?
- Your parish priest and YOU.
- Quinquagesima Sunday – Prepare for the fight of your life!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Card. George
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services.
They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque.
And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there.
From LifeSite News:
Gay protesters swarm Chicago … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns".
Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of the … Continue reading
Cardinal George has allowed an honor to be bestowed on Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Fr. Pfleger is not "controversial". Fr. Pfleger is an uncontrollable heretic.
In the past I have seen Fr. Pfleger more in terms of a loony punchline rather than … Continue reading
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church.
My emphases and comments.
April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin
So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger.
"But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?"
service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all … Continue reading
Monday February 22, 2010
Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral
by James Tillman
CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate their spousal fidelity by … Continue reading
Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving.
Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion.
They must make choices about who they desire to be.
To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship:
Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal
After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis for the … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.
This comes from the ultra-dissenting fishwrap the National Catholic Reporter.
[Cardinal] George questions role of independent Catholic mediaBishop Trautman says Vatican II liturgical norms being violatedNov. 17, 2009By Jerry Filteau
Cardinal Francis E. George of Chicago, president of the U.S. Conference … Continue reading
My friend John Allen, the fair-minded nearly ubiquitous columnist and nearly only redeeming factor for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter had an excellent interview with Card. George of Chicago.
His Eminence has a new book, entitled The Difference God Makes. At … Continue reading