When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Joseph-Mary said His words were profound that day. I give thanks fo...
- robtbrown said Absit invidia says: “Pray for me, that I may not f...
- Joe of St Thérèse said When I do venture over to the OF, it’s typic...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Yep, that equation is very familiar, though at fir...
- benedetta said His words of the truest sort of love and caritas f...
- Elizabeth D said “Every Catholic is called to evangelize, if...
- acardnal said That was me that sent you that mag-mount antenna f...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I posted the above and THIS is what you are talkin...
- Elizabeth D said In which US diocese (without resorting to alternat...
- moon1234 said Radiogram? Do you mean QSL card? If a physical c...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Yes, I know about the practice exam sites and I us...
- Susanna said Great news… will pray you obtain that precio...
- Per Signum Crucis said “Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear o...
- Ttony said In the UK Catholic laypeople organised a similar l...
- excalibur said Fr Z would have to say Novus Ordo Mass more or les...
- Emilio said These words haunt me a little, because personally...
- Benedict Joseph said Such action is to be enthusiastically encouraged a...
- Grumpy Beggar said I have a hardcover English version of the Compendi...
- jhayes said Giuseppe, the Latin text of 2447 is HERE...
- Latin Mass Type said I see your name Fr. Z! As well as other familiar n...
- Absit invidia said “Pray for me, that I may not flee for fear o...
- Fr. Cory Sticha said Thanks for posting this. Signed and forwarded.
- AnnTherese said Beautiful words. Thankful today for the gifts Pope...
- FrMJPB said Signed!
- Elizabeth D said I sent it to my pastor.
- jcr said Those who don’t have the 1570 Missale Romanu...
- jltuttle said Well this is grand! I mean the news about John C....
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Andrew and Imrahil, Why did admonish the s...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z would have to say Novus Ordo Mass more or les...
- WYMiriam said Fr. Z asked if we agree with what DAndrew said: ...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns".
Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of the … Continue reading
Cardinal George has allowed an honor to be bestowed on Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Fr. Pfleger is not "controversial". Fr. Pfleger is an uncontrollable heretic.
In the past I have seen Fr. Pfleger more in terms of a loony punchline rather than … Continue reading
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church.
My emphases and comments.
April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin
So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger.
"But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?"
service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all … Continue reading
Monday February 22, 2010
Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral
by James Tillman
CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate their spousal fidelity by … Continue reading
Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving.
Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion.
They must make choices about who they desire to be.
To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship:
Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal
After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis for the … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.
This comes from the ultra-dissenting fishwrap the National Catholic Reporter.
[Cardinal] George questions role of independent Catholic mediaBishop Trautman says Vatican II liturgical norms being violatedNov. 17, 2009By Jerry Filteau
Cardinal Francis E. George of Chicago, president of the U.S. Conference … Continue reading