Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- capchoirgirl said Scott W.–Ha!
- The Cobbler said If we’re going to post all the funny Catholi...
- Benedict Joseph said I don’t have a caption, but it is a sight fo...
- TC said A member at Catholic Answers forums said that some...
- benedetta said With all due respect to our blog Father and my fel...
- Sconnius said Father preached about the virtue of Justice, about...
- iamlucky13 said The pharisees who Jesus dealt with obsessed over t...
- Potato2 said @pontifex blew up twitter again. Now I have to sp...
- TWF said AnnTherese: Caring for the poor is vital to the Ch...
- Southern Baron said In my old parish, which juggled quite a lot of sen...
- Michael_Thoma said Fantasy Football: End Game
- Grumpy Beggar said Someone please be the Garrigue says: “I just...
- Grumpy Beggar said Someone please be the Garrigue says: “I just...
- donato2 said “The pope says we have spiritual Alzheimer
- AnnTherese said Just read more about the mission of this year̵...
- Cantor said Scott W.: Thank you! Finally – written notat...
- jacobi said We have a good new priest, a touch of the “r...
- Elizabeth D said Appy the man who fears the Lord, who takes delight...
- PhilipNeri said Pelerin, you might find this post interesting. . ....
- JuliB said This is good to read. My female miniature pinsche...
- Northern Ox said It’s hard to keep up when the Padres-Angels...
- Scott W. said Someone should notate “Make Me a Channel of...
- pelerin said The link given by The Egyptian is interesting and...
- Robbie said I know it’s already been written, but this i...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I just got a mail from someone called Ashley, in M...
- The Egyptian said “we have coordinated the route of the nuns o...
- Polycarpio said Locked out of WDTPRS registered accounts again!
- Tina in Ashburn said wowie! Fr. Byer is back AND Fr. MacRae as a comme...
- ppb said Very entertaining parody! One of the ironies of th...
- wolfeken said “A samba band is going to play WHAT at Madis...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- CAPTION CALL (36)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (35)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (26)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (25)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (24)
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company! (17)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services. They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque. And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there. From LifeSite News: … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB. There has been a question about what Card. George … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns". Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of … Continue reading
Cardinal George has allowed an honor to be bestowed on Fr. Michael Pfleger. Fr. Pfleger is not "controversial". Fr. Pfleger is an uncontrollable heretic. In the past I have seen Fr. Pfleger more in terms of a loony punchline rather … Continue reading
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church. My emphases and comments. April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger. "But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?" For: service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and … Continue reading
From LifeSite: Monday February 22, 2010 Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral by James Tillman CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate … Continue reading
Well well…. Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving. Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion. They must make choices about who they desire to be. To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship: Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.