- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- WYMiriam said I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to see...
- KateD said Oh my gosh, RichR! What a cute little towhead he...
- majuscule said I agree about Google™ and the Turnip Truck™
- Art said PEORIA – Regarding the Supreme Court decisio...
- andia said http://www.buffalodiocese.org/home/tabid/37/vw/1/i...
- RichR said Just saw it, and a thought occurred to me: Jupiter...
- excalibur said SSPX http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/americas-...
- pannw said http://www.dioceseofnashville.com/news/bishops-let...
- Vincent. said http://www.rcda.org/our_bishop_Supreme%20Court.htm...
- Michael H said Thanks everyone for your very helpful answers to t...
- s i said Excellent sermon from our pastor: http://imlaysacr...
- cathgrl said http://cardinalsblog.adw.org/2015/06/the-implicati...
- John Nelson said His Excellency, Most Reverened Robert Vasa of the...
- Sconnius said From His Excellency Robert C. Morlino, by the grac...
- KnightOfTruth said Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Diocese of Raleigh...
- Lori Pieper said “The Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision on m...
- Sconnius said The initial release from the Archdiocese of Milwau...
- msouth85 said The U.S. Supreme Court has issued a ruling that re...
- cregduff said RE: Statement from Bishop William Murphy on today’...
- Robert_H said Bishop David Walkowiak Diocese of Grand Rapids, Mi...
- ChiaraDiAssisi said http://www.diocese-sacramento.org/PDFs/Statementon...
- Sonshine135 said “The decision by the U. S. Supreme Court is deeply...
- kelleyb said http://www.arlingtondiocese.org/newsdetails.aspx?P...
- jameeka said Fr. Andrew: I am just a measly lay person, but I w...
- DanW said Iowa Bishops comment on Supreme Court marriage dec...
- johnson2380 said From Bishop Curtis Guillory of the Diocese of Beau...
- Greg C. said Most Reverend Christopher J. Coyne, Bishop of Burl...
- aviva meriam said https://www.cathdal.org/news-item?r=DODLJ0FDCK...
- SKAY said Happy Birthday Cardinal Burke. You are always in...
- Patikins said http://www.colsdioc.org/ STATEMENT FROM OHIO BISHO...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services.
They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque.
And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there.
From LifeSite News:
Gay protesters swarm Chicago … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns".
Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of the … Continue reading
Cardinal George has allowed an honor to be bestowed on Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Fr. Pfleger is not "controversial". Fr. Pfleger is an uncontrollable heretic.
In the past I have seen Fr. Pfleger more in terms of a loony punchline rather than … Continue reading
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church.
My emphases and comments.
April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin
So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger.
"But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?"
service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all … Continue reading
Monday February 22, 2010
Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral
by James Tillman
CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate their spousal fidelity by … Continue reading
Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving.
Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion.
They must make choices about who they desire to be.
To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship:
Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal
After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis for the … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.