- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Paulo said Folks, let’s face it. The enemy, the father of lie...
- pannw said Now, unlike the fishwrap link in the new post, thi...
- Supertradmum said Thanks to all here who have helped with housing an...
- Supertradmum said It is most compassionate to point out to a brother...
- pannw said Amen. And no, I’m not going there to finish...
- benedetta said You know, it’s interesting, just by way of f...
- WmHesch said #FirstWorldProblems haha. Glad to see it’s r...
- Gregory DiPippo said She uses the backs of bozos like Dawkins and Hitch...
- KnightOfTruth said Technology glitches take up sooo much of my time....
- iamlucky13 said “The quote was from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen....
- TWF said Pseudomodo: Cardinal Law was Archpriest of St. Mar...
- Mariana2 said I have just learned that my mother has cancer. She...
- Heather F said We can be like Philip, paralyzed by the magnitude...
- dhaunsperger said You can get information about what certificate is...
- JayDeee said Temporary thing to to (too much of a pain on a pho...
- Charles E Flynn said Here is a relatively lengthy treatment of this sub...
- tech_pilgrim said when you click on advanced what’s the error...
- Susan G said CNEWA also offers them for $150. http://www.cnewa....
- pseudomodo said The Latin Document is signed by Bernard Francis Ca...
- richly said Father, I’d also be weary if you were on a o...
- dhaunsperger said Father .. this could be a few different things. 1)...
- Pat said Padre, could you also comment on this article? Gra...
- Alaina said This is the situation that Father Ryan is referrin...
- cowboyengineer said While I disagree with just about everything that s...
- Scott W. said “But here’s my point: it is everyone’s obligation,...
- DonL said “…a strong supporter of unconstrained...
- benedetta said Speaking of, err, Camilles?
- benedetta said I guess the limb ripping of a child within the wom...
- +JMJ+ said A brilliant interview.
- Philippa Martyr said I am a longtime diehard Camille Paglia fan, and ha...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (54)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (26)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (25)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (21)
- Liberals – unmasked (18)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Use of Novus Ordo Collect in the TLM
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video
- Signs in the Heavens: recent rare planetary and stellar conjunctions
- ASK FATHER: Many languages in one Mass
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Card. George
Really creepy people. It is very creepy to disrupt legitimate worship services. They are cowards, too. You can bet they wouldn’t do this at a mosque. And to think that Rahm Emanuel will soon be mayor there. From LifeSite News: … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB. There has been a question about what Card. George … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns". Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of … Continue reading
Cardinal George has allowed an honor to be bestowed on Fr. Michael Pfleger. Fr. Pfleger is not "controversial". Fr. Pfleger is an uncontrollable heretic. In the past I have seen Fr. Pfleger more in terms of a loony punchline rather … Continue reading
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church. My emphases and comments. April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger. "But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?" For: service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and … Continue reading
From LifeSite: Monday February 22, 2010 Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral by James Tillman CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate … Continue reading
Well well…. Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving. Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion. They must make choices about who they desire to be. To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship: Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.