Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- LeslieL said Here I am chiming in from Eastern Long Island̷...
- DavidJ said On it!
- kevinm said Thank you Father and I wish you a speedy recovery....
- mburn16 said Looks like the first miracle has cleared the medic...
- teomatteo said I rarely sit near the back of church but one sunda...
- NBW said Praying for you Fr.Z.
- Mike said Whenever I get to go to a TLM, it’s in this...
- ConstantlyConverting said Homemade bone broth does wonders for the immune sy...
- Rachel K said Praying for you dear Fr Z.
- Rachel K said This is an excellent letter from BP Loverde. I was...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening every day, Father. Thank you very m...
- wanda said Praying for your speedy recovery and the strength...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z, and I am praying for your spe...
- Siculum said I wish I could’ve made it to that speech by...
- Siculum said @abasham: The Arlington Catholic Herald, which I r...
- Magash said How sad is it that I would be satisfied with a chu...
- Siculum said Yipes! Praying.
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- abasham said That’s why we love our bishop here in Arling...
- Athelstan said …to submit their ideas on the qualities they...
- wmeyer said frjim said: Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quo...
- Mike said Why the calumny, frjim4321? Why the contemptuous...
- acardnal said Forty, fifty years ago one had to make a real effo...
- Magash said The John Jay study took great pains NOT to explain...
- Pax--tecum said Wow, that’s an improvement. Lovely! “S...
- Mojoron said It’s maybe time to place stipulations on the...
- A.D. said Prayers for a quick miracle of healing, Father. H...
- wmeyer said Praying for you.
- Priam1184 said This stuff is as bad as heroin, and actually proba...
- jfk03 said Pornography is a terrible scourge, infecting even...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Card. George
On Real Clear Politics I found this piece by conservative pundette Michele Malkin about some current liberalizing temdencies in the Catholic Church.
My emphases and comments.
April 9, 2010 The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church By Michelle Malkin
So much … Continue reading
Sooo… Cardinal George of Chicago is going to give an award to Fr. Pfleger.
"But Father! But Father!", you might be saying. "What for?"
service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all … Continue reading
Monday February 22, 2010
Gay Mob Protests Wedding Vow Renewal at Chicago Cathedral
by James Tillman
CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Last Valentine’s day, Feb 14, Chicago’s Holy Name Cathedral offered married couples a chance to celebrate their spousal fidelity by … Continue reading
Anglicanorum coetibus is a gift that keeps on giving.
Anglicans are asked to respond to certain challenges in order to come into Catholic Communion.
They must make choices about who they desire to be.
To be Catholics, and … Continue reading
From the monthly newsletter, November 2009, of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship:
Catechetical Resources for the Roman Missal
After the final votes were taken, Bishop Arthur Serratelli, Committee Chairman, addressed the plenary meeting and outlined the process of catechesis for the … Continue reading
From Vincenzo, the official WDTPRS photoshopper, comes this homage to guerrilla warfare at the meeting of the USCCB.
Technorati Tags: Bp. Trautman, Card. George, guerrilla warfare
This comes from the ultra-dissenting fishwrap the National Catholic Reporter.
[Cardinal] George questions role of independent Catholic mediaBishop Trautman says Vatican II liturgical norms being violatedNov. 17, 2009By Jerry Filteau
Cardinal Francis E. George of Chicago, president of the U.S. Conference … Continue reading
My friend John Allen, the fair-minded nearly ubiquitous columnist and nearly only redeeming factor for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter had an excellent interview with Card. George of Chicago.
His Eminence has a new book, entitled The Difference God Makes. At … Continue reading