Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- Sword40 said Chon, I’m really glad that Holy Rosary is in...
- juventutemDC said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, your Grace! We...
- Mike said A Hail Mary each for you and for Cardinal George.
- The Masked Chicken said wmeyer, Sorry for the extra s. My comment reading...
- McCall1981 said This part is very intriguing: “I speak to pe...
- Kathleen10 said Nice explanation of the Holy Father’s words....
- letchitsa1 said I agree with cloobie. Also, I wonder…even ci...
- Supertradmum said Sorry about your troubles. Hope you are healthy. I...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Under IE11 on Windows 7, the p...
- Eric said Muskrat. The other yellow meat.
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: That show should be called “Wrecko...
- VexillaRegis said “Are you saying you have fantasies about coo...
- acardnal said I actually recalled this interview, which I read y...
- robtbrown said Bob B, My class lost 5 in Viet Nam. Two were Br...
- JaneC said @SteelBiretta: “Vatican Pickers” coul...
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: EWTN should totally do this. I could env...
- guans said Thank you Father for introducing us to Jacques-Ben...
- Supertradmum said God bless this good bishop. Too bad he was not mad...
- LeslieL said I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, Fr...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Incredulous though you may be, don’t disbeli...
- wolfeken said This letter is terrific and the bishop ought to be...
- Nathan said How, exactly, ought one prepare muskrat for your L...
- McCall1981 said Great comments from Bp. Morlino, thank God for him...
- Vox Laudis said @mary–It’s a good thing I wasn’t...
- JaneC said Various networks these days have reality shows abo...
- Marc said The piece doesn’t seem to be as lopsided as...
- lisebaur said Thank you Fr., for the beautiful insights.
- incredulous said Just because you snow belters wouldn’t know...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said No “mistaken notion” here about Cathol...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: Card. Levada
As most of us expected, the resignation (because of the age limit) of the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, William Card. Levada, has been accepted and the Holy Father has appointed Gerhard Ludwig Müller, 64, previously the … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli at Vatican Insider with my emphases and comments:
The letter sent by the Secretary General of the Society of St. Pius X, outlining the hitches in the latest version of the text delivered by the Holy … Continue reading
My friend the nearly-ubiquitous John L Allen Jr (still alas with the Fiswrap) has a fascinating and long interview with the Prefect of the CDF Card. Levada about the LCWR and Sr Farley and “being mean to nuns”.
Here is … Continue reading
The nearly ubiquitous John L Allen, Jr., still and sadly writing for the Fishwrap, reports for the same the following. I insert some emphases and comments:
Vatican official warns of ‘dialogue of the deaf’ with LCWR [a subsidiary of the Magisterium … Continue reading
From the site of the SSPX. Here is the salient parts, as far as I can tell. Read the whole thing there.
[...]When I stated on August 15 of this year that we were in agreement on the fact that we … Continue reading
In Vatican Insider of La Stampa comes this. My emphases and comments.
Beware: Weird translation. You might have better success in Italian. Or else the original French, more more nuanced, here.
Before a key meeting in Rome, the leader of the traditionalists … Continue reading
You might want to have a look at the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s article in La Stampa (in English) about the proximate need for a a new Prefect for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Card. Levada is coming … Continue reading
The Assisi inter-faith meeting for peace. All you have to do is mention it in some circles and the fireworks begin.
Benedict XVI, Pope of Christian Unity, has slated another meeting in Assisi, also an inter-faith gathering for peace. It will … Continue reading
The former Archbishop of San Francisco, now CDF Prefect, His Eminence William Card. Levada, offered a piece to his former archdiocesan newspaper about the recent controversies.
His Eminence is now the head of the Vatican dicastery that handles the cases of … Continue reading
I am starting a lot of entries with anecdotes these days about old Vatican days.
I was speaking one day, some time ago, to high official involved in the Vatican’s efforts for Christian unity. I pushed him, hard, on a question … Continue reading