HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kevinbell: Did His Excellency refuse the custom made chasuble with his personal arms embroidere d in favour of the rather plain one he is wearing in the pictures? Mildly disappoint ing amidst the...
- Ellen: One of the best things I’ve read in a very, very long time. I am blessed to be able to go to a very orthodox chapel close to me and the Mass my parish is not that bad, just kind of...
- JonPatrick: Try to find a parish that offers the Traditiona l Latin Mass, the Anglican Use (i.e. under the Ordinariat e of the Chair of St. Peter, not the Anglican Church), or an Eastern Rite...
- Ms. M-S: Something more than one letter called forth that rant. More than one person needed to read your words. There are no accidents. This reminds the rest of us to do our work in our turn.
- Gab: Thank you Father Z for your response. It’s a keeper. And thank you to the reader who wrote to Father asking for advice. Through your suffering, we have been further enlightene d.
- bartlep: Beautiful and heartfelt letter, beautiful “spiritual direction response” and many wonderful and supportive comments. After an absence of 35 years from the Church, I happened into a local...
- Unwilling: Bad though it be, I am not thinking about the problems of priests involved or advocating homosexual stuff. I am wondering what it felt like to be a Catholic in England when Henry/E...
- Semper Gumby: “ 230;but singing in helium can hurt the voice, if you do it long enough. 221; Good point. I think my comment went off the rails because I forgot to hydrate.
- Diane: Wow. That was excellent Father. Thank You. I’m saving your response! God Bless You.
- Catholic Tech Geek: I will admit I like seeing priests with beards (my time with the eastern side of the church has contribute d to this) and I am surprised no one has mentioned Clement of Alexan...
- Beltway Catholic: This poor man’s feelings undermine him. The Devil manipulate s feelings to divide us from God. “All priests are… ” is a great accomplish ment of the Enemy of our salvat...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Arroyo and guestsR 17; discussion of Papal nuncios being silenced (from 21:20) Reminded me of https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=jYnRBX2T rtk and scroll over to 01:58
- Orlando: Ditto! Father Z best blog post ever! I will be printing this out and referencin g frequently . I could have written you that same email. Christ chose us for this battle, knowing we are...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: What’ ;s a parody without helium and a cowbell?
- Stepheno: Thanks for sharing Father. You nailed it. He’s pinned down and needs covering fire. You response helps us all.
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: God bless you, dear soul, in your search for certainty and peace. As difficult as this is for you, how beautiful to see your fidelity throughout the turmoil we all exper...
- tho: Very thoughtful , and your reply was the same. From my own experience , there is hardly a family, or an individual , who hasn’ ;t been touched negatively by the nonsense that we have...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I like the way the Institute of Christ the King has codified facial hair, which pretty much was the custom in the U.S. for many years. That is, priests/se minarians wearing casso...
- Blaise: I feel for sometimes correspond ent. Sometimes it seems that the concept of “ex opere operato 221; cannot survive the people we see profaning the sacred priesthood . But this is...
- dallenl: I am concerned some less about the openly defective leaders in the Church than I am about the ones who are genuinely opposed to authentic Church doctrine and are deeply burrowed in and...
- aroc981: As a young woman discerning a vocation, I can really relate to this and I struggle with these same sentiments . I think the worst part is just how isolating it can all make you feel,...
- Matt C. Abbott: Well said, Chris in Maryland 2.
- Charles E Flynn: Suggested reading: Manual for Spiritual Warfare, by Paul Thigpen
- Gaetano: I understand your feelings. I have had the misfortune of knowing and living with terrible priests and even predatory priests – including an infamous one named in the movie Spotlig...
- Sue: Thank you for this, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: A soul in anguish about the state of the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The TMSM welcomes Bp. Hying to @MadisonDiocese – UPDATED
- Aftermath: the modernist star-trek altar from Notre-Dame de Paris
- Clerical beards.
- PARODY SONG ALERT: Amazoniana Synod
- Shades of Windswept House – UPDATED with a new interview about the late Card. Bernardin
- Earthquake at near Rome – 20:43:47 (UTC) Magnitude 3.4 at a depth of 5 KM – @ Colonna, Italy
- VIDEO Fr @GeraldMurray8 and Dr @RobertSRoyal analyze hot-button issues
- ASK FATHER: Can I really fulfill my Mass obligation at an SSPX chapel?
- Concerning the upcoming Synod, Germans and Tapirs
- ACTION ITEM: How you can help defend the Seal of Confession in California
- “This ‘Communion in the hand’ thing needs to stop.”
- #ActonU 2019 Day 4: Great people… great content
- Archd. of Indianapolis says Jesuit school isn’t Catholic
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Card. Marx
Yesterday I took time away – mostly – from the blog and email. I checked in only long enough to approve comments in the queue, etc. Of course today lots of things are going “DING”, whimpering for my attention. Most of … Continue reading
And so it begins. When Magnum principium came out (which increased the role of bishops conferences in the preparation of liturgical translations), I mentioned that the Germans are usually the problem. HERE Now there’s this from the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments. … Continue reading
This is interesting… From LifeSite: ‘Married’ lesbian approved as head of Catholic day care in Cardinal Marx’s diocese July 31, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – The website of the German Bishops’ Conference, katholisch.de, reported yesterday on the first case of a practicing homosexual … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Synod On The Family Admits New ‘Caitlyn’ Jenner Vanity Fair Cover ‘A Game Changer’ Members of the Synod on the Family scrambled to meet today to discuss what some bishops are calling … Continue reading
His Eminence Kurt. Card. Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity (Card. Kasper’s old billet), has firmly rejected the progressivist notions which Card. Müller called “absolutely anti-Catholic”. From LifeSite with my emphases and comments: Vatican cardinal tells German bishops: We can’t … Continue reading
From CNA: German prelate breaks rank with Cardinal Marx, insists on fidelity to Rome Munich, Germany, Mar 24, 2015 / 02:32 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A German cardinal has publicly opposed the words of two other German bishops who have suggested … Continue reading
At CNA we see a connection. Could it be that the Germans are leading in the charge in watering down the Church’s discipline and teaching about reception of Communion, because of big losses in revenue through the Church Tax, Die Kirchensteuer? As … Continue reading
Remember a while back when Card. Marx pulled a fast one with the text of Evangelii gaudium? HERE Over at LifeSite News, Hillary White offers another facet of Marx’s interview with Jesuit-run America Magazine. America is leading the charge in … Continue reading
Over at The Spectator, Damian Thompson has a good summary piece. He recaps what happened at the last Synod of Bishop, where controversy over the Kasper proposals about Communion for the divorced and civilly remarried dominated the proceedings. Damian is … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany. You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese … Continue reading