HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mr. Graves: WRT the question of withholdin g money completely , I believe Mr. Young is absolutely correct. But, as other have pointed out repeatedly , you don’ t have to donate directly to...
- knute: I’m reminded of two things. There is first, from my chidlhood, the presentati on from a priest on his calling to the priesthood . He spoke at length about how he never “pla yed...
- loyeyoung: Regarding the tithe (10%, unless modified by the bishop), the Church has infallibly held (several times) that redirectin g or withholdin g money on account of the sins of clergy is error...
- JonPatrick: Unfortunat ely it is not easy to find a TLM in Atlantic Canada. For a short time there was a regular Sunday TLM in St. John New Brunswick, until the priest was transferre d. I recall...
- Philomena Mary: Diocesan TLM, excellent sermon about humility being the virtue that underpins all other virtues.
- JonPatrick: glennbcnu, I don’ t know that calling the cops would be the right way to go. That would just play into their hands, so they could be dragged off in handcuffs like civil rights...
- JonPatrick: Melkite Greek Catholic Rite, the Sunday of the healing of the epileptic son. When Jesus speaks of having faith the size of a mustard seed yet moving a mountain, the mountain can be...
- JonPatrick: Seems to me, whenever I see pictures or videos of boys playing Mass, it is invariably the TLM that they are imitating. There must be a lesson here.
- Ms. M-S: Once after a TLM, a mother apologized to me for the antics of the most rambunctio us member of her Holy Herd, who had been ranged in front of my husband and me. I told her to forget it: I...
- glennbcnu: Just curious if there are laws in the USA for the disturbanc e of a religious service? In Canada those disrupting a service can be charged under section 176 (2) of the Criminal Code of...
- HvonBlumenthal: I am remindedof the story of Alexander, patriarch of Alexandria who overheard some boys playing at baptism on the beach below his window. He went down to investigat e and found that...
- GHP: Never heard of this book before, but reading your snippet caused me to search it out. Found it used on Abebooks.c om for $10.50. There were more available. I look forward to reading it,...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): It has to be a lot more fun to play TLM than Novus Ordo.
- TonyO: In 2011 when the new GIRM and revised Translatio n came out, the CCCB issued directives that the congregati on remain standing after communion until the last person receives as a sign of...
- Taryn: Caldwell’s Pillar of Iron (a novel centering around Cicero) was fantastic.
- CaliCatholicGuy: 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Father preached on the gospel – Jesus coming to set the world ablaze and setting mother against daughter, 3 against 2 etc… Father said if...
- Fr_Sotelo: RK3, Your post is thoughtful , realistic advice.
- The Cobbler: “I 8217;ve been here fifteen years, you’ ve been here one year!̶ 1; Xenophobia . Off to the reeducatio n camps with these “adv ocatesR 21;!
- Fr_Sotelo: The Nigerian priest is a paragon of priestly virtue, especially pastoral solicitude . He gave the ill mannered rabble no ammunition by which they could validate their behavior. Inste...
- andia: I also live in this diocese-an d yes we’ve had 18 months of bombshells HOWEVER it should come as no surprise that this person is resigning since in his first paragraph he not only admits,...
- NancyP: Our newly-orda ined associate pastor gave a great homily about the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Christ sets the world on fire for His mission through the Eucharist. He divides...
- iPadre: My sermon for both OF and EF was the same. I talked about the Pew Research Center poll results and challenged everyone to kneel and receive Holy Communion on the tongue. We need to be...
- Volanges: Sadly, it seems that this problem was decades in the making and no one has tried to correct it until now. If they’ ;ve been told since 1970 that they run the parish (not an uncom...
- Gaetano: Perhaps some of those funds people have withheld from their local diocese could make their way to this parish as a sign of support. Prayers are great, but money keeps the lights on and the...
- TonyO: The point of the standing in line remark is that communican ts are supposed to be free to go whenever they like, and that anyone not going to receive should be free to keep his knees planted...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Card. Marx
At Lifesite I read that in the caput malorum omnium, Card. Marx, Archbishop of Freising-Munich has proposed that lay men and (of course) women should preach at Mass. Given the general state of things in Germany… they probably couldn’t do any worse. … Continue reading
Yesterday I took time away – mostly – from the blog and email. I checked in only long enough to approve comments in the queue, etc. Of course today lots of things are going “DING”, whimpering for my attention. Most of … Continue reading
And so it begins. When Magnum principium came out (which increased the role of bishops conferences in the preparation of liturgical translations), I mentioned that the Germans are usually the problem. HERE Now there’s this from the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments. … Continue reading
This is interesting… From LifeSite: ‘Married’ lesbian approved as head of Catholic day care in Cardinal Marx’s diocese July 31, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – The website of the German Bishops’ Conference, katholisch.de, reported yesterday on the first case of a practicing homosexual … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Synod On The Family Admits New ‘Caitlyn’ Jenner Vanity Fair Cover ‘A Game Changer’ Members of the Synod on the Family scrambled to meet today to discuss what some bishops are calling … Continue reading
His Eminence Kurt. Card. Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity (Card. Kasper’s old billet), has firmly rejected the progressivist notions which Card. Müller called “absolutely anti-Catholic”. From LifeSite with my emphases and comments: Vatican cardinal tells German bishops: We can’t … Continue reading
From CNA: German prelate breaks rank with Cardinal Marx, insists on fidelity to Rome Munich, Germany, Mar 24, 2015 / 02:32 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A German cardinal has publicly opposed the words of two other German bishops who have suggested … Continue reading
At CNA we see a connection. Could it be that the Germans are leading in the charge in watering down the Church’s discipline and teaching about reception of Communion, because of big losses in revenue through the Church Tax, Die Kirchensteuer? As … Continue reading
Remember a while back when Card. Marx pulled a fast one with the text of Evangelii gaudium? HERE Over at LifeSite News, Hillary White offers another facet of Marx’s interview with Jesuit-run America Magazine. America is leading the charge in … Continue reading
Over at The Spectator, Damian Thompson has a good summary piece. He recaps what happened at the last Synod of Bishop, where controversy over the Kasper proposals about Communion for the divorced and civilly remarried dominated the proceedings. Damian is … Continue reading
I have been thinking – with my cynical cap on – about why calls for Communion for the divorced/remarried have been coming out of Germany. You will recall that a mid-level drone came out with a statement in the Archdiocese … Continue reading