Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: That’ ;s an exquisite shade of blue, Father, in the picture above.
- Gab: I am going to miss these liturgical seasonal podcazts when we go into ordinary time.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Tom of John of God says: you made a passing, teasing comment about using blue Thanks for the compliment about these vestments! They are truly beautiful in personR 30; and...
- John Pomeroy: The priest at the Newman Center parish that my daughter attends who has no problem with reception on the tongue. In fact, While I was “wat ching̶ 1; from one of the back...
- veritas vincit: Whatever the propriety of allowing the communican t to receive the Body of Christ in unconsecra ted hands, it is undeniable that receiving on the tongue is a much clearer sign of...
- Bonaventurian: This is why I regularly attend confession s at St. Paul’ ;s down by the UW campus. They are one of the very few churches in the area which offers confession before EVERY sched...
- veritas vincit: “Fir st, from the pulpit preach about sin, guilt, penance, expiation, etc. You know, all those things that were systematic ally stripped out of the orations of the Novus...
- JustaSinner: Those are beautiful Father, but don’t they need a bit more red? /sarc off
- teomatteo: At the parish we should belong to the priest never has us say the confiteor, (ok, once when the new translatio n went into effect at advent 2011) since he got there in 2002. And of...
- Tom of John of God: So these are the vestments you made a passing, teasing comment about using blue a few months ago! Anyway, these are stunning! The blue lining and detail with the Easter silver,...
- Semper Gumby: As Lurker 59 points out there is a difference between conservati on and environmen talism. As for Earth Day, others here note Gaia and Lenin̵ 7;s birthday to which can be added...
- Semper Gumby: iPadre and JustaSinne r: well done.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Murray.
- Just Some Guy: Props for the Pre-55 Triduum pictures.
- Ted: That first photo is incredible !
- BrionyB: On the other hand, one can go up to town and find Confession s at the Cathedral from 11am to 6pm daily, with lengthy queues the whole time. Clearly some people are going there instead of...
- BrionyB: Unfortunat ely it’s not unusual for parishes to have either no scheduled Confession s at all, or one short window on a Saturday. I tend to agree with “if you build it they will...
- Hidden One: Fathers, if you want to smell like the sheep, sit in the confession al.
- Henry Edwards: “Som e parishes offer a scant 15 minutes. 8221; Really? Where are these parishes. No southern parish I’ve attended has been like this. At Holy Ghost in Knoxvil...
- Jerome Charles: I have no trouble, as a Catholic, observing Earth Day. Care for God’ s Creation is one of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. USCCB has this to say: http://www .uscc...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PASCHALCAzT 50 – Easter Wednesday: You are a holy seed, a new colony of bees, the very flower of my ministry
- Fr. Z seeks advice about women
- A few Easter Vigil moments
- News from Norcia! Benedictines, beauty and beer
- Card. Piacenza to priests: “Wanna be a modern priest? HEAR CONFESSIONS!” Whereupon Fr. Z really rants.
- PASCHALCAzT 49 – Easter Tuesday: Christ won it, but we can lose it
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Tuesday: ZedNet reminder
- ASK FATHER: A 12 year old asks ” #EarthDay is coming up…”
- ASK FATHER: How to receive Communion on the tongue?
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Card. Ouellet
The Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops wrote an Open Letter to Archbp. Viganò, once the Nuncio to these USA. As you know, Archbp. Viganò released a “Testimony“. Then he went into hiding, for good reason. In the sequel to the … Continue reading
I have a priest friend who has 30+ reasons on his list for why he doesn’t want to be a bishop. [UPDATE: I was informed that the list is presently at 42 reasons for why he doesn’t want to be a … Continue reading
One of the putative front-runners as the next Pope is Marc Card. Ouellet, 68 (about the right age) presently Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops, formerly Archbishop of Quebec City, polyglot, firmly in the same “Communio” theology line with Joseph … Continue reading
Here is a photo I took a few years ago in the Vatican Gardens during a Corpus Christi procession. That great edifice in the background is back of St. Peter’s Basilica. It isn’t often you get Swiss Guards to carry … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! When homosexuals and feminists stage a nutty over the appointment of a bishop, Rome probably picked the right guy. From Life News comes this… just a little of it so you will go there to read … Continue reading
This may be old new for some of you, but it is nice to have good news once in a while.. and repetita iuvant. On the site of Sandro Magister I was reminded that the Holy Father took personal interest … Continue reading
From CNA: Every bishop must defend the faith, Vatican official says Vatican City, Nov 24, 2011 / 03:20 pm (CNA).- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect for the Vatican’s Congregation for Bishops, said that every bishop is required to proclaim the Church’s … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases: Cardinal Comastri recounts how Mother Teresa saved his priesthood Rome, Italy, Aug 26, 2010 / 05:46 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archpriest of St. Peter’s Basilica remembered at Mass on Thursday how a promise he made … Continue reading
I have been favorably impressed by Card. Ouellet since I met him Rome. From LifeSite: Ouellet: We Need Bishops With ‘Spiritual Discernment’ over ‘Political Calculation’“We have suffered from this mentality of dissent” that is “still dominating the intelligentsia,” said Ouellet. … Continue reading
The usual stream of pre-summer break appointments is flowing from the Holy See. The other day, I wrote about what one commentator here quipped could be called the Congregatio pro repropaganda. We weren’t sure what the new dicastery was going … Continue reading
While we don’t yet have an official notice, it may be that the next Prefect for the Congregation for Bishop will be His Eminence Marc Card. Ouellet, 66 year old Archbishop of Quebec, rather than Card. Pell of Australia. Andrea … Continue reading