Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Marc in Eugene: Amen!
- bobbird: I am waiting for a bishop who will grab a whip made of cords and start to work, overturnin g tables and scolding the “Bro od of vipers, whitened sepulchers , all clean without but...
- Kate: While Thomas Aquinas College does have a reputation for producing vocations, I still do not think it can be a considered a “hig h rate” ;. Maybe high compared to most other Catho...
- Dan: I am sure there are many Bishops that “get it” sadly as a whole they don’ t seem much willing to do anything about it. From a lay perspectiv e this meeting of Bishops was...
- semperficatholic: AMEN!!!!!! !!!!!!!
- TonyO: All I can say is, thank you, Corky, for pointing out Lepanto Institute for me. I didn’ ;t know about them, but now I know they are the enemies of Satan and his cohort of limp-wrist ed...
- PostCatholic: A definition that was popularize d by Sam Harris and Christophe r Hitchens. Here in its original form, emphasis added: A few weeks ago, Ayaan and I had a long conversati on about her...
- WVC: Semper Gumby: If you say so, shipmate. Only one of us here appears to be happy that hundreds of thousands of Americans died and suffered. And it ain’ t me.
- Gripen: For a second I was incredibly excited (and proud) that both +Lopes and +Stricklan d were in the video. Then I realized that +Lopes and +Cozzens look eerily similar.
- Anneliese: 1. If you don’ t want to be celibate, why become a priest? You can’ t assume the requiremen t of celibacy is going to change just because you want it to. 2. If you’ re...
- Semper Gumby: WVC: You are proving my point.
- Legisperitus: Gag.
- Legisperitus: Unwilling et al.: I think your analysis is probably correct, and it makes Beans̵ 7; cheap shot such inside-ins ide baseball that it’s no wonder only 21 people liked it.
- Legisperitus: So few bishops seem to “get it” the way Strickland gets it. His manner of thinking and speaking is so earnest and unaffected , not “cle ricalist 8221; in the...
- hwriggles4: I have met some Catholic men who are alumni of some high school seminaries from the 1960s. A few told me around that time (particula rly if you were a student from 1965 to 1970) these...
- Unwilling: The Catholic Herald article on Catholic “tri bes” is meant as a mirror for each to see in it reflection s of ourselves in humorous dress. Jane Austen: “for what do we...
- Suburbanbanshee: And actually, the comparison of “bud ding” ; to “rad iance emerging from a place̶ 1; comes from Syriac stuff, which basically means from Aramaic. So it is...
- Suburbanbanshee: Given that one of the messianic OT titles of Jesus is “the Orient, 221; I think this tweet constitute s objective blasphemy. (Check out Zech. 3:8 and 9:12.) For various...
- Fr_Sotelo: My own bishop was been vilified in the traditiona l blogospher e as being a man who is weak on doctrine and vindictive with orthodox priests. However, while he has been in the dioce...
- amenamen: In Greek mythology Halcyon (Alcyone) threw herself into the sea, in grief over her husband, Ceyx, who had been killed by Zeus (for good reason). In an act of pity, the gods transforme d...
- Imrahil: It seems I don’ t even understand the sense of the quote, including why it is offensive. What is Orientalis m? What is Catholic Ad Orientalis m? And of course, if you take the words...
- TonyO: Here’ ;s my experience : I lived in fairly conservati ve parish in the very conservati ve diocese, Arlington, VA. About a year ago Fr. Pastor re-introdu ced mass ad orientem for all...
- Gab: God bless the Most Rev, Strickland . What simple yet almighty powerful words of truth. Now HE’S a great priest and a great man.
- tzabiega: Cincinnati priest: Father, I have the greatest respect for priests, but the complaints I hear most about lazy priests is from… ;priests who have to do the work the lazy priests are...
- maternalView: Yes. We need to remember there are good men. Maybe it’s only a few. But the Lord doesn̵ 7;t need much! Bless them! I don’ t believe these men will give up.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 21 Nov: Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. With a prayer of my own.
- VIDEO: A few good men and The Present Crisis
- Beans v. the East – @MassimoFaggioli cheapshots Orientals
- The effect of the Extraordinary Form on vocations to the priesthood
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- Truly pathetic musings at the Fishwrap about priesthood and those halcyon days of Vatican II
- 19 Nov 1863: The Gettysburg Address
- Christmas, Priests, Arms, and You
- Reliable Catholic and Pro-Life Causes
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Cardinal Newman Society
When you are tempted to think that Notre Dame University can’t sink any lower…
From Adam Wilson of the Cardinal Newman Society (check their feed on my right side bar) to my email:
This is outrageous, and I wanted to make sure … Continue reading
Another bishop supports the idea that teachers in Catholic schools must serve also as role models. The Cardinal New Society, which watches the status quaestionis of Catholic education in these USA, has a letter that His Excellency Most Rev. Richard … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society (see their feed on my sidebar… scroll down), which keep tabs on what is going on with Catholic higher education in these USA, has issued a statement:
Cardinal Newman Society Statement Opposing Honors and Platforms for Proponents … Continue reading
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco is taking flack from the usual suspects for his support of an initiative at Star of the Sea to build a corps of altar boys (not girls – HERE) and for having an entirely reasonable … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society, which studies Catholic Higher Education, has an interesting piece about ad orientem worship at Catholic schools. The CNS has a great news widget on my sidebar. Check it out now and watch it every day!
Students Show … Continue reading
The world keeps on turning, even though an Extraordinary Synod is going on, and some of you readers out there are dealing with things that actually matter to you here and now.
Some of you are trying to figure out which … Continue reading
I received this from the head of the Cardinal Newman Society:
Father, we announced our 2014 Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College this week. To help spread the word we started a little contest. 10 winners will get … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society (see their feed on my sidebar):
Wyoming Catholic College is in the news recently because of its on-campus cell phone ban for students.
The ban, which has been in place since the founding of the faithful Catholic … Continue reading
Be sure to check out the feed of the Cardinal Newman Society on the side bar of this blog.
This is from the CNS:
‘Abortion Doula’ Professor Posts Video, But Catholic College Defends Employment
A professor at The College at Mount St. Vincent … Continue reading
At site of the Cardinal Newman Society I saw a note about a presser with the French Bishop, Dominique Rey, one of the supporters of a great conference on liturgy which will take place in Rome this … Continue reading
Adam Wilson of The Cardinal Newman Society (which watches the state of the question of Catholic colleges in the USA) sent the following:
I am pleased to announce to you the 2012-2013 edition of The Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society has identified some excellent High Schools.
“Since competition began in 2004, the Honor Roll has been a helpful tool for administrators, families, and benefactors in recognizing the quality of a Catholic high school,” said Patrick J. Reilly, … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
Faithful Catholic Colleges Urge HHS to
Rescind ‘Direct Violation’ of Religious Liberty
Joined together by their firm commitment to strong Catholic identity and fidelity to Catholic teaching, 19 Catholic colleges, universities and online programs partnered today with The … Continue reading