Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Cranky Old Man said True enough, there is virtually no possibility of...
- Dennis Martin said The Sanger quote needs to be verified. That she h...
- mike cliffson said I would answer “none of the above ” T...
- Dennis Martin said correction: Obama would re-fund it by (unconstitit...
- Dennis Martin said And even if Congress were to defund PP, Obama woul...
- Dennis Martin said They would not have called the vote unless they we...
- Jeannie_C said We have a new Pastor at our church and this was hi...
- Mike said The creeping progress of the culture of death that...
- Laura R. said Have just e-mailed both my senators; hope it’...
- benedetta said acardnal, the House will be taking up the question...
- acardnal said They didn’t get the 60 votes needed. 53R -4...
- benedetta said This has nothing to do with “RepublicansR...
- benedetta said Just as I posted the above, the more eloquent orat...
- frjim4321 said No bells here. Doesn’t the instruction or r...
- Vincent said for servers, really the ideal is just a “bli...
- juergensen said You know, the Church should be a haven from the wo...
- Pnkn said Oh, if only the pope were a Jesuit – he woul...
- benedetta said Tune in now here to listen to some excellent orati...
- Fr. A.M. said I must say that when I elevate the Host or Chalice...
- Jack007 said As an aside, in our FSSP parish, the actual church...
- benedetta said Our Senators and all legislators need to be remind...
- Matt R said It is as if Fr. Z. read my mind on the bells…...
- Mike said I abstain from the poll. If the celebration of Mas...
- Jack007 said You rang? LOL
- Bryan D. Boyle said Hate to say it, but anytime I see the inference of...
- Gail F said He talked about a possible miracle he had been pre...
- Gail F said If I lived there I’d write and call and say...
- Gail F said I’d say around 3 seconds, maybe up to 7. Too...
- Wiktor said I’d wish priests celebrating versus populum...
- Chuck3030 said The statistician in me wonders if 4-6 seconds woul...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (33)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (27)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (21)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12 (13)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Catholic education
Another bishop supports the idea that teachers in Catholic schools must serve also as role models. The Cardinal New Society, which watches the status quaestionis of Catholic education in these USA, has a letter that His Excellency Most Rev. Richard … Continue reading
It seems as if the Catholic world in these USA is beset from without and within right now and that the lion is truly on the rampage. At least that’s how I have felt for the last few days. Flying … Continue reading
Harvesting Conciliar “fruits”: half of adults polled think Harry Potter and Hunger Games could be Biblical
It often seems that, these days, the odds are never in our favor. I take time out from my furious conference preparation (on art coming up in Detroit) to present something that only confirms the great fruits of Vatican II and the … Continue reading
There has been a lot of talk about Common Core. The Cardinal Newman Society has an interesting piece about this. EXCLUSIVE: National Catholic Education Association Gets Gates Foundation Grant to Promote ‘Common Core’ in Catholic Schools The Bill and Melinda … Continue reading
Here is a video message from His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino to Catholic teachers in the Diocese of Madison. As teachers workshops wind up around the country, and as schools begin again, and as this Year of Faith … Continue reading
Be sure to check out the feed of the Cardinal Newman Society on the side bar of this blog. This is from the CNS: ‘Abortion Doula’ Professor Posts Video, But Catholic College Defends Employment A professor at The College at … Continue reading
Bp. Vasa (D. Santa Rosa) under fire for requiring Catholic school teachers to live according to the Faith
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat has an interseting story about an initiative in the local Diocese of Santa Rosa where Most Rev. Robert Vasa is bishop. It occurred to me as I read this that people who make a push … Continue reading
Adam Wilson of The Cardinal Newman Society (which watches the state of the question of Catholic colleges in the USA) sent the following: I am pleased to announce to you the 2012-2013 edition of The Newman Guide to Choosing a … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society: Cardinal Burke Says Theologians’ Mandatum Should Be Required by Colleges, Disclosed to Students Theologians, Canonists Respond to Pope Benedict’s Call for Compliance Manassas, Va. – Catholic families have a right to know which theology professors … Continue reading