You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- jilly4ski said I agree with priests wife. These are non comparabl...
- anilwang said You don’t have to go as far as Moscow to see...
- priests wife said This is comparing apples and oranges- the Roman-ri...
- LiteratureAddict said I couldn’t make it through the whole video!
- Ralph said That was a downer.
- anj said It is an outrage. What else is there to say? Whe...
- James0235 said I see some obvious similarities between these Litu...
- chantgirl said The music from Moscow was beautiful! Perhaps I tru...
- wmeyer said Wisely, they kept the segments from LA brief! Stil...
- Timbot2000 said Father! I just ate……where is the Maalo
- Cosmos said Oops: inserted a “not” in fron of ...
- Cosmos said Fr Martin, Beautiful post, thank you for taking th...
- smad0142 said @Cheesesteak Expert Sure the Filioque (properly un...
- The Sicilian Woman said I’m adding this to my Rosary novena. Thank...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Yes, but…I guess it all depends on t...
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- RoyceReed said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo If I ha...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- RobertK said A long video, but definately worth sharing. Coptic...
- RobertK said Being able to attend a Pontifical Mass in the Extr...
- modestinus said I was hoping to get into this thread sooner, parti...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- RobertK said I also enjoyed the meeting between the Sees of Ro...
- rtjl said A very worthwhile read on the subject of the divis...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- RobertK said Thanks Father. This was one of the most memorable...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: not praying with heretics, I think people are...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Father G said @Kate, You did not mention specifically the name o...
- priests wife said Thank you Fr Z for your balanced approach. As a By...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Catholic Herald
The full, online, digital edition of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has some excellent pieces this week. I found this one particularly engaging, giving my penchant for Chinese cinema.
You can subscribe to the digital, full-edition of the … Continue reading
I saw in the online, full digital version of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald‘s choices for People of the Year for 2012. They also explained why they were chosen.
Timothy Card. Dolan tops the list, followed by…
Asia Bibi … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file this week’s online digital edition of the full Catholic Herald (the UK’s best Catholic weekly) has a couple pages which show what their online searchable archive is like.
They have available online every issue of the … Continue reading
I was once accosted in St. Peter’s Basilica after my daily Mass by an angry modernist visiting American pants-suit, hair-do and lapel-pin sister … I guess angry was redundant, wasn’t it… who griped at me that she couldn’t hear the … Continue reading
First preliminary point. I have often suggested prayer not only for priests but for bishops. The Enemy of our souls hates priests, and hates bishops even more. Their burdens are very heavy and their mistakes can have grave … Continue reading
I have often said that people who don’t like the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal should protest by refusing to use it and using instead only Latin.
Someone else thinks that it might be good to go to a … Continue reading
There are many who think that the beatification of John Paul II has come too quickly. It is too soon, they say, to have the proper perspective about the nexus of his pontificate and his life of heroic virtue. I … Continue reading
I was wrong about something. The chance to subscribe to the digital edition of the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, does not end on 30 March. It ends on 31 March. They aren’t fooling around when, on 1 … Continue reading