Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Imrahil said I always bow at the times the priest in the EF mak...
- Suburbanbanshee said The idea is not that it’s a clinical trial,...
- ocalatrad said While the conference does seem like it’d be...
- jhayes said I didn’t know “O’bama” was Irish! The genealogy se...
- Supertradmum said I am pea-green with envy………̷
- Geoffrey said There have been many canonizations that were done...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, you should check out the President Ford Mus...
- Supertradmum said Hmm Fr. Z., some type of relic, not sure third cl...
- Thom said Legisperitus, while it is certainly prudent to not...
- pfreddys said This is the one part that makes me uneasy about th...
- Legisperitus said There are good reasons against jamming these sorts...
- Glennonite said Marytoo: re: the words of consecration, I have alw...
- contrarian said The Church and the Libertarian: A Defense of the C...
- eiggam said Enjoy your time in Grand Rapids. They are a happy...
- Kypapist said Reg: Hilarious! I didn’t know “O̵
- Midwest St. Michael said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Father G said The following was released today: Decree from the...
- dmreed said Ah come on Father, do you know how upset it makes...
- OBAMA’S WAR AGAINST CHRIST | PatriotsBillboard said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- robtbrown said The charbroiled oysters at Drago’s in Metair...
- Jim said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said The Ordinary Form in its most recent edition (2002...
- John of Chicago said or “summary”–works both ways for
- SimonDodd said carolina publican says: “[I]t seems to me th...
- John Nolan said 18 June is also the anniversary of the Battle of W...
- CMartin said I found a TLM Mass in the Twin Cities! Every Sund...
- Suburbanbanshee said Here’s an interesting video presentation on...
- Life and Liturgy | While Away at Benedictine College said [...] Learn about the use of the vernacular in the...
- pelerin said Therese mentions a ‘liturgical change coming...
- Andrew said DECRETUM Paternas vices erga Jesum exercens, in oe...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: Catholic identity
OMI‘s have a video about their Spanish Martyrs.
There is an odd liturgical moment, in which, during the Mass as it was during the 30′s, the priest turned around at the elevation of the Host. I think the producers are familiar … Continue reading
“Secularizing trends, including the expropriation of Church goods and the elimination of privileges, frequently lead to “a profound liberation of the Church from forms of worldliness.” – Benedict XVI in Freiburg, Germany.
For years I have been harping on … Continue reading
Since I have barely been online for some days, I just found out about an article by Laurie Goodstein of the NYT about a study done by the Abu Dhabi Gallup Center, a Muslim group, about how people of various … Continue reading
I think that Pope Benedict had as a project for his pontificate the revitalization of Catholic identity. The West is losing its soul because Christianity – Catholicism in particular – is not being lived by the mature or passed on … Continue reading
On this blog I have harped incessantly about Catholic identity. I have proposed that a primary aim of Pope Benedict’s pontificate is to revitalize our Catholic identity. If we don’t know who we are and what we believe then we … Continue reading