Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- matt from az: We are lucky such findings were reported during this pontificat e. The leftists, even the hardest core leftists, cannot say that the result was predetermi ned by a “conservat ive”...
- NBW: It is just beautiful to hear this song! We here in Illinois are battling so many anti-life and anti family laws. They just keep coming with a vengeance. Please pray for us and for the people...
- rally1042: My heart sings Hope. Youth witnessing their faith is always such a lift.
- Gab: Fr Joseph Tran, RIP
- Gab: In your charity, please could you all pray for Fr Joseph Tran who was found dead yesterday after being accused of sexually abusing a young girl while he was parish priest (PP) in his former...
- Gab: Lack of evidence? I doubt that will stop our dear pope. It seems to me, although I have no evidence, that he is more interested in being popular with the left than with God. I pray I am wrong.
- Justalurkingfool: My daughter, Mary, asked me to say a Novena along with her which I have been saying for 30 days and which has been a blessing to me. I follow it here: https://ww w.roman...
- Fr. Kelly: My Lambertini and Ganganelli mugs arrived today. I am looking forward to using them to drink Mystic Monk Coffee from.
- Suburbanbanshee: More info — the attack took place in the crypt church, which was one of Bl. Brother Andre̵ 7;s favorite places to pray. And of course St. JosephR 17;s Oratory is...
- JustaSinner: Just asking Father, but are YOU prepared for a slash n stab attack? Maybe even low caliber hand gun protected?
- John Pomeroy: Great news: It hasn’ ;t snowed here in 10 days and the berms of piled up ice and snow are almost all melted! A week of 60 degrees will do that.
- Gaetano: If ever there was an event begging for a Downfall parody video, this is it.
- LeeGilbert: In PORTLAND, OR at 6 in the MORNING there is now a DAILY, Monday through Saturday Dominican rite low Mass in Latin at Holy Rosary Parish, 375 NE Clackamas St. This is a very quiet,...
- Julia_Augusta: Good news: The cherry blossoms are coming out here in Kyoto. By the end of next week, the cherry trees will be in full bloom.
- TheBackPew: Another legacy of Fr. Frank Phillips. There are more young parishione rs in this video, embracing their faith and each other, and carrying the battle to the heart of the enemy, than...
- RichR: So, as I posted the last post my 16 year old son, who was practicing on the church pipe organ, asked why I was chuckling. He thought it was funny, so he quickly put this together for Father...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: As to the use of anchovy, the Great Roman says: With! …and ‘can nolicchi 8217; pasta if you can find it, but grandma and mom would just break spaghetti or bucat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: RichR says: Imperial March Ah, yes. That was an omission.
- jjbulano: Sublime.
- RichR: You forgot to remind us of your Installati onal Mass with the “Imperial March” played as the Procession al music …jus t so everyone is clear who is in charge.
- VP: All good enough, but with Francis and those around him, it’s all about the foot in the door. Perhaps next year, they will organize a synod in some out-of-the -way place with a few Catho...
- Kathleen10: I’m truly happy for everyone 8217;s good news here, and prayers for all intentions . Fr. Z I love the still life. People say daffodils have no scent, but I love their scent! Our...
- capchoirgirl: I’ve got a book contract with Ave Maria Press for a book about suffering, the stations of the cross, and other various and sundry things!
- Semper Gumby: Black Catholic: Great comment. Outstandin g photo. A Thunder Run against Satan. M1 tanks are great, Big Papa Joe is better.
- Sawyer: Coincident ally, Phyllis Zagano is speaking on this very topic at the Three Days of Darkness. Begins at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. Links to watch this and other events: Live arena...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Catholic League
From the Catholic League: Attack On Bishop Morlino Is Scurrilous October 30, 2017 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on recent attacks on Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison (Wisconsin): Catholics in the Diocese of Madison are very … Continue reading
From the Catholic League New NBC Show Takes Shot at Priests February 1, 2016 Bill Donohue comments on a slur against priests in NBC’s new show, “You, Me and the Apocalypse”: “My job’s to prove they felt up kids …” … Continue reading
From The Catholic League about an attack on Pope Francis by the emboldened catholic Left. Remember, the liberals think they have the big right now. They are hiding behind support for Francis because they hoped that he would approve their homosexual relationships … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: De Blasio Shuts Out Priests November 21, 2013 Bill Donohue comments on New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio’s transition committee: Yesterday, Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio announced the appointment of 60 New York leaders to his … Continue reading
From the Catholic League a reaction to liberal over-reaction to TBI™ (aka The Big Interview). Pope “Hates Dogma” September 23, 2013 Bill Donohue discusses the way the left is responding to Pope Francis: If ever there were any doubt that the … Continue reading
If Christmas or Easter are on the horizon, we can be sure that Hell’s Bible (and the Fishwrap) will find someone in the Church to bash. Right now, that would be Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: New York Times Finds Good Nuns September 18, 2012 Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times: The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: ASSESSING BISHOP FINN’S GUILT SEPTEMBER 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a judge’s decision yesterday finding Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn guilty in a case involving Father Shawn Ratigan: Let’s get rid of … Continue reading
Obama first approved ejecting God and Jerusalem from the party platform, and, after heat, got it changed later
The Catholic League has an interesting take on the Democrat Convention (DNC) and the reinsertion of God and Jerusalem into the party platform, and some information I didn’t know when I wrote about the topic HERE. Goat rodeo. THE POLITICS … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a Democratic National Convention (DNC) event hosted by Catholics for Choice (CFC): If the Ku Klux Klan were hosting a panel discussion on racial relations at the Republican National … Continue reading
I bring to your attention something from The Catholic League about the recent DUI incurred by Archbishop Cordilone, newly appointed to San Francisco. Liberals are dancing around their bonfires as if Cordilone’s head is already on a stick. I’ve been watching … Continue reading
From The Catholic League with my emphases. Fellow Catholic bloggers might pick this up too. False accusations are deeply evil and they ruin lives. BIGOTRY EXPLAINS FALSE ACCUSATIONS July 18, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: False … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League: BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL” May 9, 2012 The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: COVER-UP AT NYT AND WASH POST May 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on editorials that appear today in the New York Times and Washington Post: Both of these newspapers misstate the facts, fail … Continue reading
From the Catholic League about a matter of spectacularly crass anti-Catholicism at the University of Minnesota-Duluth. The U of M is a land-grant institution funded by taxes. Therefore, public money is being spent on this anti-Catholic display. Furthermore, an institution … Continue reading