- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Shopping online through Amazon?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
- DavidinWA said That’s why I’ve gone back to watching...
- Maltese said jltuttle–I agree, but more than the pacifism...
- jltuttle said Catholic Amish. That’s what we’ll have...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said In “Star Trek,” nearly everything is p...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said “The Verdict” (1982) with Paul Newman...
- Maltese said Britone–yes, the creator of the original Sta...
- Peter in Canberra said Some commenters have opined that the UK leaving th...
- TDPelletier said I realized that salvation and peace are both menti...
- Baritone said I followed The Next Generation for a while. I hav...
- leftycbd said Someone mentioned Battles Galactica. It may be wor...
- yatzer said “He added that it is as if they – the show-makers...
- Benedict Joseph said Liberalism is a mental disorder. Confirmed —...
- Felicia said “He added that it is as if they – the show-m...
- Spade said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
- pannw said My daughter said she finally watched The Breakfast...
- TDPelletier said I just noticed that, in an Ambrosian Missal from 1...
- misternaser said Actually, it says it’s an “extrapolati...
- Jacob said Father Z, did you ever have a chance to comment on...
- Bender said No Star Trek was better than JJ Abrams Star Trek S...
- John Nelson said Doggone. I first read gaudiorum as gladiorum. That...
- rodin said “I wish this could happen to the UN.”
- iamlucky13 said No Star Trek was better than JJ Abrams Star Trek....
- robtbrown said The electronic media leaps at the chance to use wo...
- frjim4321 said I don’t like almost any “homemade̶...
- robtbrown said PostCatholic says: I don’t share your antipathy f...
- Geoffrey said Someone should tell these gals that it is time for...
- Semper Gumby said This is great. Thanks Fr. Z.
- NYer said I reside just down the road from their mother hous...
- MWindsor said Texit next. Long live the Repubilc of TEXAS!
- Someone please be the Garrigue said Like the LCWR cosmonauts: trans-catholic.
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some current reading…
Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- New Star Trek series for TV in 2017
- An imaginary dialogue of US nuns and Vatican officials
- Pope Francis’ ‘Armeniam Visit” [sic]
- A Litany to Sr. Joan Chittister (… no… really!)
- More US women religious summoned to Rome: Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- WDTPRS – St. John the Baptist: “guide the minds of all the faithful”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic help children with dyslexia through a Masonic organization?
- A Plea: Stop misusing “tragedy”
- 23 June – Vigil of St. John – bonfires and witch burnings, solstices and snails
- SUPER! New book with table of readings for the Novus Ordo and TLM! ACTION ITEM!
- Soros is involved in the Migrant Crisis, against national borders
- ASK FATHER: When Holy Days of Obligation… aren’t
- BOOK RECOMMENDATION:
- Just Too Cool: Bishop Etienne on Wyoming Carmelites
- ACTION ITEM! Coordinated prayer for Pope Francis against diabolical attack
- Yet another group of US women religious is being called to Rome for a chat.
- Valencia’s Card. Cañizares persecuted for defending nature, common sense against “gender theory”, homosexualist agenda
- Your Good News
- Road Warrior Tips: Appreciating soft landings and cheaper data abroad (KeepGo)
- #ActonU 2016 Wrap-up and a Scholarship Opportunity
- Men! We need you watching on the wall.
- Mickens and “the closet”. Fr. Z responds.
- Take firearms training for the sake of your safety and for your loved ones
- Pope Francis v. Pope Francis about indissolubility and marriage
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Lawler on Papal Off-the-cuff Remarks. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- There’s “That’s wrong!” and then there’s …this…
- Undercover CBS reporter breaks law in purchasing a weapon, gets caught
- Pope Francis’ latest remarks on the majority of marriages being invalid
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: Catholic League
From The Catholic League with my emphases. Fellow Catholic bloggers might pick this up too. False accusations are deeply evil and they ruin lives. BIGOTRY EXPLAINS FALSE ACCUSATIONS July 18, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: False … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League: BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL” May 9, 2012 The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: COVER-UP AT NYT AND WASH POST May 7, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on editorials that appear today in the New York Times and Washington Post: Both of these newspapers misstate the facts, fail … Continue reading
From the Catholic League about a matter of spectacularly crass anti-Catholicism at the University of Minnesota-Duluth. The U of M is a land-grant institution funded by taxes. Therefore, public money is being spent on this anti-Catholic display. Furthermore, an institution … Continue reading
I noticed on the blog of His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan, who in his capacity as President of the USCCB has been called on to defend the rights of the Church in the midst of a deepening kulturkampf, a comment … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: FRONTAL ASSAULT ON CATHOLICISM MARCH 9, 2012 BY ADMIN Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Never has there been a more vicious anti-Catholic advertisement in a prominent American newspaper than the one in today’s … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: OBAMA’S PLOY ADDS INSULT TO INJURY February 10, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on President Obama’s revised healthcare plan as it affects Catholic institutions: President Obama’s latest ploy just adds insult to injury. If … Continue reading
I’ll definitely be checking this out when I get there. From the Catholic League: Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows: Today we erected a life-size nativity scene in Central Park, on the corner of 59th and 5th; it … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: KANSAS CITY CATHOLIC GROUPS SENT KC STAR AD November 11, 2011 by admin Filed under Latest News Releases Catholic League president Bill Donohue speaks to the latest developments regarding its battle with the Kansas City Star: … Continue reading