Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dr. Edward Peters said rosaryarmy, imho you’ve made several interes...
- Mike said Such a gentle shepherd! It hurts to see his reputa...
- TNCath said Receive his prayers, fulfill his hopes, And grant...
- HobokenZephyr said Be careful, I think the airlines now charge $50 pe...
- wanda said Safe and happy travels, Fr. Z. May extra angels...
- HighMass said Legisperitus ….and in mine Also….Pius...
- Kathleen10 said That is so great! Thank you Fr. Z! God bless yo...
- Legisperitus said Easily the greatest Pope in my lifetime. God prot...
- Vecchio di Londra said I miss lire too, and we may well see their return...
- LiteratureAddict said Will you be at Santissima Trinità dei Pellegrini o...
- Pullapis said 4 Pairs on the way from this reader, 2 from my gir...
- pannw said Thank you and happy birthday, beloved Benedict! @r...
- mrshopey said Tony, I have read the same advice but my particula...
- Tony said Older, quite orthodox, devotional books surroundin...
- Fr AJ said Really, really miss him!
- Wiktor said is it still exchangeable?
- OrthodoxChick said May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you in His ca...
- JonPatrick said Random Friar I agree with you about the Lex clavat...
- LarryW2LJ said Rome for Triduum – have a safe and blessed j...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my youngest son who next month is...
- JonPatrick said In the time it took for my Mystic Monk to brew, pl...
- rosaryarmy said What a great man. It breaks my heart that he isn&...
- jbas said Why was San Marino excluded from Italian unificati...
- JonPatrick said I think 1000 Lire was enough to buy a piece of bub...
- eiggam said 1000 Euros could get a new laptop. Oh wait, those...
- Netmilsmom said Be safe and Godspeed!
- Mariana2 said Vecchio di Londra, Thanks, I’ve put it on my...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Praying for all of the above intentions.
- Jim of Bowie said Amen
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday 5th Week of Lent – An examination of conscience
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Catholic League
The Catholic League has been on a tear about the decision of the owners/operators of NYC’s Empire State Building not to illuminate the uppermost part of the famous skyscraper in blue and white for the 100th Birthday of Bl. Teresa … Continue reading
Last night the Empire State Building was illuminated with what I am guessing were the colors of the Brazilian flag, because of a game.
Other Mother Teresa birthday plans on offer after Empire State Building refusal
New York City, N.Y., Jun … Continue reading
In New York City at times you will see the Empire State Building illuminated with colored lights in honor of some event or group.
For example, a while back they turned on red and yellow lights to honor the Communist … Continue reading
The Catholic League has weighed in with a full page ad in the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible).
GOING FOR THE VATICAN JUGULAR
Recent accusations against the Vatican deserve a response.
• Fr. Lawrence Murphy apparently began his predatory … Continue reading
No joke here…. from the Catholic League.
ATTEMPTS TO CENSOR DONOHUE FAIL
April 1, 2010
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on recent attempts to censor him:
TV producers have been telling me for years that my critics have implored them never to invite … Continue reading
The dust up in Boulder, CO, where a lesbian "couple" has tried to force a child into a Catholic school, despite the terrible strain that could put on the child in time to come, has produced some of the sloppiest … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
From the Catholic League:
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the way MSNBC host Chris Matthews handled his interview with Providence Bishop Thomas Tobin last night on “Hardball”:
We were deluged with phone calls, faxes and e-mails after … Continue reading