- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- FrSam said I wear my cassock at least every Sunday. Never ha...
- msokeefe said It would be funny coming from a married permanent...
- kiwiinamerica said One of the more humorous and ironic aspects of thi...
- Quanah said I agree with, Elizabeth. CNS was right to fire Mr....
- AdTrinitatemPerMariam said Father’s homily at Mass today could be summa...
- Scott W. said Hmmm…I understand the choir can also wear a...
- Father G said The 2014 Liturgical Ordo published by the FSSP sta...
- Kathleen10 said Please allow me to chime, although this is a cleri...
- yatzer said Thanks, Father.
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said The Mass I attend, celebrated by the FSSP, has had...
- Netmilsmom said CNS should have had a “member in good standi...
- robtbrown said iPadre says: That generation has a lot of fruit t...
- Nan said Oh! We have sometimes had cassock-clad priests in...
- robtbrown said I should add that the Boomers with the no habit ha...
- iPadre said That generation has a lot of fruit to speak of the...
- NickD said But will the bishops do ANYTHING about what has be...
- Bryan D. Boyle said A PERMANENT deacon lecturing a priest on the appro...
- Tantum Ergo said Darn! I haven’t seen Fr. Z share further adv...
- robtbrown said I like the account by St Isaac Jogues himself who...
- Evovae said Elizabeth is right;that article’s rhetoric w...
- Athelstan said …and scares the people, who see it as a thro...
- ladytatslace said Wear your cassock please Father. Our parish priest...
- robtbrown said PhilipNeri says: The Baby Boomers in the Order hav...
- yatzer said I am embarrassed by my fellow Boomers, but then ne...
- Sandy said My immediate reaction after reading – how di...
- Joboww said I would note the ICRSP also includes the second co...
- Woody79 said Frankly, I am not pleased by most anything the USC...
- Phil_NL said I’m a bit of two minds on this one. On the o...
- Uxixu said I laughed at a couple of the hypothetical replies,...
- Mercyknight said No more “Dictatorship of Old Hippies!”...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: CCHD
We are starting to see more often now the heterodox attack orthodox defenses of Catholic doctrine as “turning against the poor”.
In the combox here, under a post about Bp. Morlino, someone tried to slither in a snarky implication that Bp. … Continue reading
Question… rather.. quaeritur: If a Catholic chooses to work in politics and help with a campaign for a candidate, should the aforementioned Catholic try to ascertain beforehand the candidates positions?
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 28, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Texas … Continue reading
Some topics are like the proverbial “third rail”. Touch it and DIE.
In the case of some topics, touch it and those involved in the thing you are touching KILL YOU. Wellllll… they aggressively go after you from positions of power.
This … Continue reading
On Indy.com we find this. There is a backstory which the article will explain:
There’s good news and national news at RecycleForce, the Eastside non-profit that provides jobs and re-entry assistance to ex-offenders.
Less than a month after having $20,000 in grant … Continue reading
Wisconsin diocese withholding 2010 funds from CCHD
Green Bay, Wis., Feb 25, 2010 / 06:15 pm (CNA).- The Diocese of Green Bay in Wisconsin has chosen to withhold its annual funding of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) until … Continue reading
I received an e-mail from Fr. Rutler about a video produced about the CCHD – Catholic Campaign for Human Development.
I am puzzled.
I was under the impression that the CHD had been cleaned up a little.
Sincerely, what gives? I would benefit … Continue reading
Watchdog group ‘pleased’ with defunding of grantees who violate Catholic teaching
Washington D.C., Sep 27, 2009 / 05:04 pm (CNA).- A watchdog group which discovered that the Catholic Campaign for Human Development has given grants to groups which support … Continue reading