Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Charivari Rob said One of those TNCs: Trying not to go too deep into...
- NBW said Merry Christmas Fr. Z. Thank you for all you do!
- lmgilbert said Fr. Gerald, O.P. an elderly priest but full of lif...
- JacobWall said I think cultural considerations could be made. In...
- Anita Moore OPL said Not a sermon point, but a transcendental moment....
- Philippa Martyr said I see many of these abuses pet peeves derive from...
- John the Mad said Christmas mass of obligation? Sorry Father, I must...
- Nicholas said Dear Chicken, Why must I, a sax player, wear a ra...
- frjim4321 said I see many of these pet peeves derive from a lack...
- rtrainque said -For safe travels this Saturday as I make the driv...
- AdTrinitatemPerMariam said For M.B., the mother of a priest friend of mine, a...
- Lin said I so miss Pope Benedict that it is at times painfu...
- Fern said A Blessed Christmas Father and a Happy New Year. T...
- cpttom said Father today talked about how Christmas was about...
- mburn16 said True love requires the ability to let go and step...
- One of those TNCs said Sounds like a recipe straight out of a book called...
- priests wife said Christ is born! Glorify Him! …we are wishing...
- Philippa Martyr said Christmas card on the way in the post. I put four...
- Mike said I was tired at today’s noon Mass and drifted...
- ChrisRawlings said *God, not “Gid.”
- ChrisRawlings said NO Mass. The Nativity story is real. It really hap...
- Solanelles said Please pray for my dearest grandfather, who is dyi...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said He spoke of the Christmas gifts Almighty God has g...
- Deborah Maxwell said I pray sincerely for Fr. Z’s pressing person...
- Kathleen10 said For Fr. Z.’s intentions, and the heartbreaki...
- moconnor said Chant singing practice changed constantly over the...
- Elizabeth D said Merry Christmas, Father Z!
- Allan S. said For new serious health issues following my success...
- cpttom said From one in the Trenches of the “Liturgy War...
- Woody79 said A Blessed and Merry Christmas to you, good Father!...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 27: Do you recognize the voice of your Lord?
- Your Christmas Sermon Notes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: CDF
We continue to…
Read Francis Through Benedict.
Here is a communiqué from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith:
The Holy Father today received in audience Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Mueller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. During the audience, … Continue reading
At this site Renew America the Australian author Eamonn Keane has done us a great service by summarizing many points concerning the Irish heretic Fr. Tony Flannery, who has been under scrutiny by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans.
“A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign”
An ordinariate for Lutherans … Continue reading
National Catholic Reporter teams up with Ford Foundation backed entity to hide the truth about the Holy See’s ‘Doctrinal Assesment’ of the LCWR
Every year around Christmas and Easter, the usual hyenas emerge from the brush to worry at the Church’s heels. This year, as a little gift to the Christ Child, the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has teamed up with an … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
Sr. Maureen Fiedler is one of our favorites at National catholic Fishwrap.
This could be an great exercise for a fundamental theology class: count the errors.
No… there may be too many to cover in a class period.
Only someone like Maureen could present … Continue reading
From The Sound of Music:
There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, “Cuckoo”
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they … Continue reading
The National Catholic Register (not the National catholic Reporter, aka Fishwrap) has an interview with the new Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Gerhard Müller. Part 1 HERE and part 2 HERE. The interview … Continue reading
I posted a video of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious assembly’s keynote speaker, Barbara Marx Hubbard, HERE. If you were able to get through even part of it, you have an idea of what NunThink involves and why the CDF … Continue reading