Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Philippa Martyr said That article’s view of the Vatican reminds m...
- Philippa Martyr said Many of the women who are nuns today joined the vo...
- Brooklyn said Yes, this decline in the number of women religious...
- pjsandstrom said Father, I think someone with your obvious love of...
- Bea said That’s funny: “The cat out of the bag&...
- "Why A Silence?": On the West & Islam - BigPulpit.com said [...] Abp Sviatoslav Shevchuk The Tragedy of the Y...
- 7bellachildren said Why not start a Rosary Crusade instead? Or call f...
- DFLAT said There was one time when Father gave me a penance a...
- Brooklyn said acardnal – Again, from Wikipedia: “A r...
- Michelle said I would believe this, and some things my parish pr...
- Andrew D said It can’t be ignored that John Lennon was gun...
- Andrew Saucci said The various options in the Novus Ordo are not an o...
- Uxixu said The FSSP has been welcomed by Archbishop Gomez to...
- kimberley jean said When you think about what’s happening to Chr...
- Kerry said Imagine no Jihadis, it’s easy if you try, Jd...
- Vecchio di Londra said Leaving the toy football aside – seriously n...
- Suburbanbanshee said It’s probably important to know that a coupl...
- Jackie L said Sorry Mike, I didn’t complete my thought on...
- OrthodoxChick said I don’t get it. Is this real, or more irony...
- Legisperitus said Whenever I see the phrases “very clearlyR...
- Imrahil said Dear cwillia1, thank you for your answer! As for t...
- Absit invidia said “It sounds like there are lots of rainbow fl...
- Bressani56 said It’s amazing more parishes don’t emula...
- Bressani56 said I agree with Dr. Kwasniewski: The Jogues Illuminat...
- robtbrown said Brooklyn says, Maybe we need to trust a little mo...
- Imrahil said Dear acardnal, yes. It is. The rainbow flag certai...
- robtbrown said How about a UFC tournament for peace? Or Demoliti...
- david andrew said I’m raising polecats for peace.
- benedetta said Fr. Z: I propose…Hockey…for peace!
- PA mom said For the NO I have purchased the “Child of Go...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: CDF
National Catholic Reporter teams up with Ford Foundation backed entity to hide the truth about the Holy See’s ‘Doctrinal Assesment’ of the LCWR
Every year around Christmas and Easter, the usual hyenas emerge from the brush to worry at the Church’s heels. This year, as a little gift to the Christ Child, the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has teamed up with an … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
Sr. Maureen Fiedler is one of our favorites at National catholic Fishwrap.
This could be an great exercise for a fundamental theology class: count the errors.
No… there may be too many to cover in a class period.
Only someone like Maureen could present … Continue reading
From The Sound of Music:
There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, “Cuckoo”
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they … Continue reading
The National Catholic Register (not the National catholic Reporter, aka Fishwrap) has an interview with the new Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Archbp. Gerhard Müller. Part 1 HERE and part 2 HERE. The interview … Continue reading
I posted a video of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious assembly’s keynote speaker, Barbara Marx Hubbard, HERE. If you were able to get through even part of it, you have an idea of what NunThink involves and why the CDF … Continue reading
Archbp. Sartain offered to attend LCWR Assembly. In a spirit of dialogue, The Nuns rejected his gesture.
The other day in the National Catholic Register, I read a piece about the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The writer, Ann Carey, is all over this … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli:
The latest version of the doctrinal preamble – discussed by cardinals of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and approved by the Pope – is considered by the Holy See to be definitive and … Continue reading
Rome, Italy, Jul 24, 2012 / 04:00 am (CNA/EWTN News).
Although the new head of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is optimistic about reconciliation with the Society of St. Pius X, he says that the teachings … Continue reading