- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Knittingfoole said Quite right Fr. Z. He enjoys getting in touch with...
- trespinos said Have you in prayer today, Chicken. Twenty five hun...
- bookworm said I have a similar though perhaps not as serious que...
- dahveed said Hi Father, I’m a fairly newly minted ham, us...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said MWindsor says: Interesting. I preppers can listen...
- MWindsor said Sorry. It’s not DHS. It’s actually FEM...
- MWindsor said Hey Father Z – when you get the power situat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Knitting: Probably better to ask him first, no?
- rodin said Thank you for posting this Father. I read it somew...
- some_guy_on_the_street said Things they call “augmented reality”,...
- Baritone said Thank you for posting this, Father. I read throug...
- Priam1184 said God have mercy on the United States of America.
- liquidpaw said Enemy doesn’t always mean in the sense of go...
- liquidpaw said I think Bishop Fellay’s statement could have...
- SKAY said Happy Fourth of July Father. Thank you for this p...
- Julia12 said I was a casual player for nine months before walki...
- Mike said Safe travels, Chicken. S. Raphaël Archangele, ora...
- Knittingfoole said My brother tried to get me into the ham radio thin...
- benedetta said May I suggest naming this group after the animal w...
- robtbrown said mlmc says, the declaration of independence has no...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Chicken: This is the effect of long distance bus t...
- The Masked Chicken said Ohhh…I just had a cool thought. How about a...
- JonM said Happy July 4th, Fr. Z and all. A couple of quick t...
- The Masked Chicken said Thanks, all for the prayers (it’s 2 1/2 days...
- benedetta said Prayers for your safe journey home, Chicken!
- DanielG said “The DoJ will be all over Texas and in such...
- KateD said Ingress is Skynet. Holy bus rides, Chicken! Prayi...
- Justalurkingfool said Trains are much better, Masked Chicken, if at all...
- Knittingfoole said I looked into this game one time, but I read in a...
- catholictrad said “it is a movement that is withdrawn into its...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: CDF
The spin continues.
Another example comes from Fr. James Martin, SJ of America Magazine. (Remember his Twitter campaign to show appreciation of the nuns?)
Martin’s arguments against despair over CDF’s smackdown of the the LCWR do not convince. This is … Continue reading
Let the games begin!
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is now between a rock and a hard spot.
The NSR and LCWR are practically one flesh. At the same time, NSR has been crooning about Pope Francis new “humble” style.
I have … Continue reading
Today the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith smacked down, hard, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious. This is, as you may remember, the group of leaders of communities of women religious (not all the religious themselves, but the … Continue reading
Will this be the moment the National Schismatic Reporter crowd turns on Francis?
This is new. It does NOT refer to their meeting of some months ago.
COMMUNIQUE OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE DOCTRINE OF THE FAITH CONCERNING A MEETING WITH … Continue reading
We continue to…
Read Francis Through Benedict.
Here is a communiqué from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith:
The Holy Father today received in audience Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Mueller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. During the audience, … Continue reading
At this site Renew America the Australian author Eamonn Keane has done us a great service by summarizing many points concerning the Irish heretic Fr. Tony Flannery, who has been under scrutiny by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans.
“A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign”
An ordinariate for Lutherans … Continue reading
National Catholic Reporter teams up with Ford Foundation backed entity to hide the truth about the Holy See’s ‘Doctrinal Assesment’ of the LCWR
Every year around Christmas and Easter, the usual hyenas emerge from the brush to worry at the Church’s heels. This year, as a little gift to the Christ Child, the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has teamed up with an … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
Sr. Maureen Fiedler is one of our favorites at National catholic Fishwrap.
This could be an great exercise for a fundamental theology class: count the errors.
No… there may be too many to cover in a class period.
Only someone like Maureen could present … Continue reading