Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- pannw said That the devil is out there searching for us to te...
- Kindspirit said I guess if you think the Church is a museum piece...
- majuscule said Wonderful! And this from San Francisco: The Tradit...
- Sonshine135 said Father had a great homily and spoke about Satan. T...
- mary said Third week in a row – same message. Sin an...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 You will find this interesting. I went...
- PostCatholic said Please see http://art.thewalters.org/detail/36782/...
- Elizium23 said Thanks for your reply, ByzCath08. I understand whe...
- Gregorius said I thought I read something in St. Thomas posted so...
- JonPatrick said EF Mass, Jesus goes into the desert. The desert ca...
- ByzCath08 said @Elzium23…I don’t know that I would pa...
- ocleirbj said 1. Never negotiate with the devil. Know what God w...
- SKAY said When will l someone try to pass a similar law in t...
- Alice said Hey, the Mormons have them beat! They’ll mar...
- Mike said Fr. Z comments: I am picking up hints that a slit...
- lsclerkin said chon, Yes. Nothing hurts more than that. And if do...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Fine talk, as usual. And this time, playing it in...
- APX said So does this mean that in France, consecrated vir...
- MikeToo said Father commented on how the weakest character in t...
- APX said And here I’ve been wondering whether it not...
- kpoterack said StnyPtGuy: “The other question at hand is:...
- StnyPtGuy said To get back on track … If I heard correctly,...
- truthfinder said I don’t know if it still is, but in the 1600...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I had something delicious at an Ethiopian restaura...
- Elizium23 said I think that traditionalism and the radical elemen...
- pseudomodo said I wonder what France would do in the case of same...
- mburn16 said To what extent are Priests actually trained in the...
- I am cloudowl said O that we had hard-identity, courageous leaders of...
- I am cloudowl said Good luck trying to consummate…
- Irradiated said Also, due to immemorial custom, muskrat is allowed...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: CHA
From Catholic Vote comes this shocker… yes.. I’m shocked! shocked! to find duplicity in this party!
Efforts by the watchdog group Judicial Watch to demand that Justice Elena Kagan recuse herself when Obamacare is brought before the Supreme Court later this … Continue reading
I saw this on CNS. My emphases and comments.
First, you might review this: the Magisterium of Nuns (and this).
CHA president affirms bishop’s role in interpreting health directives [Uh huh.]
By Nancy Frazier O’Brien
Catholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — In an exchange of … Continue reading
We have seen this movie before, and it ain’t The Bells of St. Mary’s.
The conflict in Phoenix between Bp. Thomas Olmsted and St. Joseph’s Hospital exemplifies a deeper problem, which more and more is going to tear the unity of … Continue reading
The other day I posted a little entry about how the “Magisterium of Nuns” is making war on the American bishops. The liberal sisters, who have compromised their Catholic identity, are trying to set up an alternative magisterium over and … Continue reading
Before proceeding, you might want to review my post "Magisterium of Nuns".
Remember: In direct opposition to the US Catholic bishops, the Catholic Health Association (CHA), run especially by liberal Catholic women religious, backed the "health care" reform legislation of the … Continue reading
In this matter of contingent, prudential judgments, whose judgment will in time prove to have been the more prudent?
The Catholic bishops with pro-life groups or their opposition, the LCWR and CHA and NCR, etc?
I happen to think the bishops are … Continue reading
Sister Carol Keehan, the uber-compensated (over $850K a year) President of the Catholic Health Association, broke with the USCCB and Pro Life groups and announced the CHA’s support of the pro-abortion Senate health care bill.
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) — … Continue reading