HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- byzantinesteve: I assume you travel in your clerical which would be a deterrent from saying what you might *want* to say. I can tell you, however, I would not have gotten to the first letter of...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for the Latin lesson Fr. Z, and the virtue/val ue distinctio ns made by Gertrude Himmelfarb , St. John Paul II, and Benedict XVI.
- Semper Gumby: Have a blessed stay in Rome Fr. Z. Too bad that angry passenger didn’ ;t understand that you’ re a benevolent member of the patriarchy , and that in fact your vocation is...
- bibi1003: Ellen, I’ve seen it in two different parishes in the Diocese of Louisville as well and I was shocked both times. It felt like sacrilege. I mentioned it to my brother and he said it...
- UncleBlobb: God bless you, Father Z. I can’ t conceive of the amount of virtue it takes to endure “air port world̶ 1; as I like to call it as much as you have over the years. Enjoy...
- SanSan: Have a safe flight dear Father and a wonderful time in Rome!
- John21: This helped a lot. God’s will is so specific, whether it’s willing that I say thank you to a waiter or willing that this particular trial of slime left by a snail be x inches long and wide....
- grateful: Father, I hope you submit this to the appropriat e magazines so that those who are not a part of this blog can enjoy it too. Thank you for this.
- pbnelson: Here’ ;s a link to the mathematic al analysis upon which Anthony Esolen based his essay: https://ww w.seattlec atholic.co m/article_ 20040119.h tml And here’ ;s a link to the...
- Akita: Dear Luminis, Father drove home, it’s “Ass. of Catholic Priests”. not Assoc. Let’s stick with Father’s guidance.
- Kathleen10: Those are fantastic. I wish I had some technologi cal savvy. This all looks fun and has a practical applicatio n as well.
- robtbrown: He’s also a really good kicker.
- Johann: The Irish born Franciscan s here in South Africa would be appalled to hear their so called brothers have sunk this low, acting like spoilt children.
- SKAY: Hidden One said: “She , too, possesses the dignity inherent in all human beings and is deserving of respect. 8221; She deserves as much dignity and respect as she gives the innoc...
- Uxixu: Having acquired a 1948 Missale Romanum and a 1939 Dominican Rite Missal (Missale S. Ordinis Predicator um), I watched how the fixed commemorat ions would go through the end of Lent and...
- Gab: Thank you, Father, for that beautifull y written explanatio n.
- Gab: Another trip?! I can’ t handle the stress! Stay away from motorbikes and cars … and planes … + Saint Raphael the Archangel, thou wast a faithful companion to the young man,...
- DeGaulle: The media only provide coverage of these kinds of priest. Orthodox priests going about their daily business are regarded as non-person s unless a salacious allegation against them emerg...
- JohnE: In a way I actually feel sorry for her. She is a victim, but not of justice or mercy, but of the backwards minds who who put it into her head that the killing unborn babies is a right that...
- acardnal: JonPatrick , there are a number of videos on YouTube that explain DMR (digital mobile radio). Basically what Father is doing is using a network that interfaces the world wide amateur...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: deaconjohn 1987 says: suggestion s Check out my previous posts where I mention ZedNet. WB0YLE made up a list of items that work well for me! HERE
- Semper Gumby: Thanks jaykay et al for news from Ireland. St. Patrick, St. Brigid, St. Columba, and St. Columbanus no doubt are not amused about this “Ass .” or recent pro-aborti on...
- deaconjohn1987: My Radioddity GD-77 went crazy yesterday after I talked to Fr. Z. I was supposed to be on the ZedNet but was hearing stations from the local repeater. This morning the radio is not...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: acardnal: JK Mid-Tri-40 3-element at 75′ on a 30′ hill.
- acardnal: I meant antenna above. The cards are very cool!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
- ASK FATHER: Lutheran service more reverent than the Sunday Mass
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Can lay people assist with sprinkling rite and give homily?
- “Meno chiacchiere… più processioni! … Less chattering … more processions!”
- What priests – and you too – will have to deal with
- ASK FATHER: My mind goes blank just before confession
- “Tactical Rabbi”. Why not “Tactical Priests”? “Tactical Bishops”?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: chalice
CLICK TO BUY From a reader… QUAERITUR: Like many other parishes, we have communion under both species. However, the deacon only adds a water to the chalice that the priest is consecrating. He does not add water to the other … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My family plans to give a priest a chalice (he is from Ireland and does not have one of his own here in the US) and I have the following questions: [Usually I take one question … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: On vacation I attended a mass where the precious blood was offered in a glass goblet, a man in a suit and tie (deacon?) gave the homily and the congregation stood after receiving (that bit shocked me). I’m … Continue reading
From a reader: Hello Father, I noticed one of the priests at my parish always seems to use a glass chalice for the Eucharist. Seems clear from more than a few previous posts I see here at WDTPRS that a … Continue reading
This morning at the briefing in the Holy See Press Office, images were displayed of the three “urns” used in the conclave for the collection of the voting slips of the cardinals. Here is some info from VIS: NEW CHALICE-URNS … Continue reading
A young priest writes: Last weekend after a somewhat fiery homily of exposition of evil and the devil I had a run in with a menacing fly (assuming not Beelzebub himself). At the epiclesis a very large fly dive bombed … Continue reading
Before its implementation… and after… some people whined that the new, corrected translation is tooo haaard. How could anyone be expected to understand words like “ineffable… consubstantial… dew…” or “chalice”. A reader sent me this: Apparently a brewery thinks beer … Continue reading
From a reader: If I receive communion kneeling must I also receive from the chalice kneeling? Look. The smallest drop of the Most Precious Blood of our Saviour and God, Our Lord Christ Jesus, is greater in dignity than the … Continue reading
From a reader: At a concelebrated Mass without a deacon, is it permitted / required / impermissible for one of the concelebrants to elevate the chalice while the main celebrant elevates the paten? First, allow me to say that concelebration … Continue reading
Sacred vessels are important. They are consecrated (like the hands of priests) to touch the Body and Blood of the Lord. I had this in my email: I am trying to locate the rite (prayers and rubrics) for the consecration … Continue reading
From a reader: Many years ago, a chalice was donated to the parish of my grandfather as a memorial after his death. After several years, my grandmother received a call from the pastor stating that they were cleaning house in … Continue reading
From a reader: I have a question about self-communication. I was at a monastery this weekend for a retreat and a monks allowed the laity to receive the Chalice. How they did it was a bit odd though. A lay … Continue reading
From a reader, edited: Last night I was scandalised, apart from the usual "inclusive" language that the Priest used throughout, he asked, after the Priests Communion (normally the EMHC’s are crawling over each other by now) whether there was a … Continue reading